Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 22 Ultimate Team discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Managed to qualify for the weekend league, first of many hopefully. Those playoff games are mad tense, hate the idea of having to go through that craic every week, how many wins do you need in the WL to get into the next one automatically or has that been done away with?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Think you have to qualify every week regardless

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

You only qualify for the next playoffs.

Rank 1-3 in the WL gives you enough points to qualify.

Rank 4-6 gives in the WL gives you 1,000 points, so that will put you 2/3 of the way there.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Red picks are out.

84 Trapp

83 Iniesta

82 Tchouameni

81 Fassnacht

85 Azpilicueta

81 Fassnacht

82 Tchouameni

75 White

• Registered Users Posts: 12,654 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Had 3 x 5 red picks and didn't get a single usable player, ended up with Iniesta, Trapp and Azpilicueta.

Didn't see Son/Foden or even the lower rated usable ones like David, Tchouameni, Tonali. Awful.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Why not usable? I'd love Iniesta!

Are they tradeable at least?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,654 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Nah reds are untradeable. Though they usually bring out SBCs that you can put your useless reds into. Azpi is a full back with 70 pace, Iniesta has 56 pace and is from the Japanese league so won't be used. Trapp is usable I suppose, but he's an 84 keeper so only worth 2-3k really. Just a bad week to finish well in WL given how useless the TOTW is. Predicted TOTW for this week is a lot stronger

Oh I got mixed up, I thought Iniesta was one of those historic cards, I forgot he was still playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Bought TOTW Dest for the craic last night to try out a ridiculously quick FB and it could be very useful.

And not for being able to keep up with opponents quick wingers, but because even in possession of the ball he runs away from opponents FBs and wide players and while crossing is still OP he easily puts in unchallenged balls for your forwards to knock home. I had just bought Alba to play LB but he’ll be let go again!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭BrentMused

I purchased the Ultimate Edition of FIFA on PS5.

Does anyone know if I can play the PS4 version of same instead of the PS5 version?

I've heard that PS5 is much tougher and more inaccurate matchmaking due to the lower player base, so I wouldn't mind giving the PS5 version a blast as long as I don't have to purchase it again!

• Advertisement

The PS4 version should have been installed as well. If you hover over the game on your home screen and hit either the 3 dots or the options button it should offer the option to play the PS4 version.

I have done this when I wanted to play online friendlies against people without a ps5.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

If you can't find it from what awec said, you can search for it. I had to do that to download the PS4 version. Saying that, I've been playing the PS5 version since I got it.

I got the same three. Azpil in the pack and the other two picks.

Did you get duplicates of the red picks in the pack as well?

I did the picks, and then got the other two again in the TOTW pack(I'm pretty sure it said one player so it's a bug).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Yeah I packed him there last week, been in my squad since. Quality player down the left side and bags of pace to intercept easily. Very impressed by the card.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Any thoughts on the Level 30 players?

can’t see either really getting into my squad but leaning towards the RWB cause fullbacks tend to be harder to find.

Think I'll go for Bou

Has an in game face and will be handy when MLS milestones objectives come in. Also will probably get Clint Dempsey from the hero pack.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,748 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

New SBC released....84 rated squad for a Draft Token, it's cheaper to just spend 15k to enter the draft 😑

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

This is just bizarre 😆 Even with the market on the floor it’s still too expensive

im not even mad, that’s hilarious.

Also, those of us who earned preseason rewards playing Fut 21 we’re meant to get them by today. No sign, of course.

• Advertisement

Is it actually possible to get a pen for a keeper taking out an attacker?

The number of times I have gone round the keeper 1 on 1 and he has just totally wiped me out is farcical. Never got a pen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Boulders8

That draft token SBC is just nuts and not in a good way - my best squad is only 84 rated!

At this stage I’m just playing matches to accumulate coins and do any objectives. Can’t be bothered to venture into Rivals just yet - just saving coins in preparation for TOTs already, lol

Hacked down in the box 1 on 1 from behind. Yellow card.

Between that and keepers allowed to do what they want im getting bit cheesed off.

0-2 I’m. Y second attempt to get into weekend league.

really can’t stress how much I hate this new format, and how I feel just utterly locked out by it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Got my 7 rivals wins today so up to mid Division 5 now. Rewards seem to be getting a bit better.

I have 1500 points for the first time. Do they automatically enter me into this week's playoff or can I keep them for another week ?

Also is there any time limit to the quick sell recovery on the app. I quicksold a duplicate Coman so I could open packs but don't want to waste it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,748 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Facing GK performances like this is annoying enough...

...without having to watch your GK do this..

On about a 6 game win streak here, can’t believe it.

the matchmaking gods are smiling down on me. Praise the gods of matchmaking.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Don’t think I’ve ever managed 6 in a row in seasons, never mind FUT. Any change in tactics or players that might’ve brought about the win streak?

7 in a row now.

I play 4-1-3-2, and as soon as the game starts I flick on "get in the box" and "attacking fullbacks" options from the Up menu on the d-pad.

This is my team:

Usually around 60 mins-ish I bring Vinicius Jr on for Rashford, OTW Talisca for Jesus and either OTW Locatelli for Henderson or Sané for Sancho depending on whether or not I need to shore up the middle.

Vinicius and Talisca are great against a tiring team.

I am only Div 6 though, so the quality of opposition is a lot lower than what you're up against.

• Advertisement

Got the packs there from objectives in 21

Depressing packs altogether, think the highest rated was 79

Advertisement