Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No quitten we're whelan on to chitchat 11

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,209 ✭✭✭carrollsno1

Im not complaining about not being let in or left out of places yet anyway and after the 22nd the pass isnt needed anyways. Im not anti vax either im more pro choice maybe i will take it yet who knows but all i know is i havent taken it yet and id rather not have to listen to the same narrative about "having to get it".

Better living everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭mayota

I know lads that took all sorts of stuff on nights out that are now refusing the vaccine.

Know the likes myself too but i dont fall into that category myself.

Better living everyone

Don't follow the news or buggerit day but I have to wonder at things like €25m for NPWS along with tax cuts then seeing a story where an ambulance had to travel from herself's home place over 100 miles to another county to attend an RTA. Some fucked up people in power, excuse my French.

Actually just thinking about it there now most lads i know refusing wouldnt bother with anything more than a few pints, whereas the few locally who slate us for not taking it would be knocking dust around the local most friday nights.

Better living everyone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭straight

I often think the covid deniers and anti vaxers must think the rest of us are pure thick.....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭jaymla627

The whole crew here got it, the worst affected was the 17 month old, my partner who's heavily pregnant and 4 year old daughter had little to no symptoms, the only caveat is we all had that bad virus that was doing the round at Xmas 19, which I'm fairly sure was covid 19, given its now widely accepted the outbreak in wuhan occurred in September 2019...

24 year old brother was positive back a few months ago, had no symptoms only got tested as was coming home from collage, he got the vaccine two months after as he wanted to travel abroad and done 3 days in the bed after it high temperature/headaches/chills etc,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭ruwithme

Pass no remarks on some on here who may try & undermine your decision on it.if some of them had their way callum Robinson wouldn't have scored 5 goals in a couple of games for Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭Dinzee Conlee

Why wouldn’t he?

Edit - I googled and see he hasn’t been vaccinated. I don’t know what the rules around football and COVID are as I don’t follow it. But if the rules were you should be vaccinated, then we would be down 5 goals, simple enough… As I say, don’t follow football, so up not down makes no odds to me.

I see Nigel Farage is back in the news 🤣

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭green daries

Ya I actually would agree with you there jay half our house had similar here in early Jan 19 was a wicked dose

• Registered Users Posts: 9,732 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

In fairness they are only restoring the funding NPWS had 10 years ago and its still peanuts compared to what other countries spend in the area - the much bigger problem with that crowd is how ineffective they are in doing their core roles eg. even National Parks which are important tourism assets have multiple management issues , caused by political interference and upper management incompetence/laziness.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Dakota Dan

Talking about brain dead then goes on to write a reply lacking any comprehension, I give up.

Good man. great news, if you sound out the words maybe!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭DBK1

It’s a sure sign of someone that knows they’ve lost the debate when all they can do is look for a grammar mistake in the opposing argument.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,004 ✭✭✭Kevhog1988

Got a headcold there in the past week. After having little to no sickness for 2 years it has hit me like a train. Our immune systems must be gone down from no interaction etc

• Registered Users Posts: 5,567 ✭✭✭roosterman71

I've met and spoke to a lot of people who have picked up bugs once the schools reopened. Things like colds are knocking people out for way longer than normal. Must be the 18 months of avoiding all those things causing the immune system to get lazy. I suppose that's the same as other things - use it or lose it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭Gillespy

Same little Mussolinis demanding you comply with their demands since the beginning of it. Withholding medical care from anyone is pure evil. No place for it.

Watching the mob now turn on people who were heros last year is interesting and kind of scary. Firing medical personal in America for not taking it the cherry on top of the cake. Another example is the medical car driver in formula 1, star when he risked his life to pull a driver from a burning car is now enemy number one. Despite him having it twice, immunity doesn't count. They think they have science and decency on their side though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭minerleague

Not vaccinated here ( looked at numbers and profile of affected and made a decision) If you are vaccinated ( and believe experts ) you are now safe from covid so why bother with those that aren't?. I think vaccines are wonderful advancement in medicine and wouldn't consider myself anti-vaccine in any way. I know farmers who vaccinate cows for 4,5 or 6 different problems , I don't give any because I've never had problems ( if that changes I'll re-evaluate). Been called worse things than stupid and braindead so no harm there! Look up what happened irish soldiers who were given anti malaria treatments by experts of the day for a bit of light reading

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭jaymla627

Whatever about the debate of natural immunity vs vaccine immunity, if the virus mutates and finds a way to hit the vaccinated population especially hard, all bets are off, the man who invented the rnma vaccine is warning about this but no one's listening

Jesus wept everyone who is remotely involved with the world of vaccines are warning about the virus mutating

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭enricoh

I don't think I had to buy a bottle of calpol last winter at all for the kids. The year before that I was googling to see if I could get it in gallon cans!

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭1wizards sleeve

Was just reading a few pages and to agree with the headcolds the year of hibernating was a disaster especially for the children. Hopefully we all build up our immunity asap. As getting covid would surely be worse the longer you go with out getting normal colds. On another topic are we due the basic payment next week

• Registered Users Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭straight

I won't have my bps long. It usually goes back to the tax man and a good bit with it.

I'd de-fund them altogether, and I'd vote for whoever would do that. We're one of the most indebted nations in the EU and frankly we can't afford an incompetent body like NPWS who have a 92% failure rate in designated habitats. Those same designations then smother any indigenous industry, computer says no. There were something like 3-400 applications for various derogation's in designated areas. Only 11 or 13 were approved. A lot more economic gain could be had without damage but I know of many cases who don't even bother because they know they'll get an automatic refusal. TBH it's encouraging to see Poland saying their national law overrides EU law.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,219 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Can anyone tell me if testing a vaccinated person for Covid19 is worthwhile?

If you vaccinated your cows for Lepto ( for example) they will always test positive in future.

Does the same hold true for Covid19 vaccinated people?

And if it does, why even bother testing for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,118 ✭✭✭emaherx

I'm sure a person vaccinated for covid does not test positive for it. 2 of my kids were tested between 1st and second doses and didn't test positive.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Cause they use the swab test from your nose and back of throat where the virus is. My brother got tested a few weeks ago and was positive even though he was double vaccinated. I had a head cold a few days later and got tested as a precaution last Monday week and was negative. I'm also double vaccinated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭Base price

It was nice to see Captain Kirk make it to the final frontier.

Advertisement