Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SIRO - switching providers

Options
  • 10-10-2021 2:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭

I'm on Vodafone SIRO, and switching to Sky SIRO. Do I need to do cancel anything with Vodafone or will Sky do it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭yrreg0850

As far as I know your new provider will do everything and it should be seamless.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭a clanger

Recently changed from Vodafone to Pure Telecom. Had advised Vodafone I wished to end their service on the 13th. However the service switched on the 11th. All I had to do was plug on the new router (Fritzbox) which on initial use is far better than the Vodafone one with regard to range. So the switch seems to be dictated by new provider. Although I'll be keeping an eye on the direct debits.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Cilar

Did you have to pay the 2 providers for 1 months? I'd like to avoid this.

No I told vodafone I was leaving on the 13th of October at the end of my 12 month contract. The 'new' deal for existing customers was rubbish. I only gave them 20days of notice.

After I had told Vodafone I was cancelling I signed with PURE. I told them my Vodafone contract was ending the 13th. However the Vodafone router stopped working on the 11th of October. I plugged in the PURE router and it worked straight away. So it is likely I will be paying Vodafone for 2 days (not a month) When I did not use there service as PURE had taken it over.

On a side note PURE are excellent so far. Router (Fritz!box 7350) delivered by DPD on the day they said. Plug and play and so far the features and range seem better than the Vodafone router I had before.

More importantly the transfer of my home number took 48hours and was automatic. Last time took over a week only after hour long daily phonecalls to Mumbai and threats to pull the contract (to no avail) Got some €€ credit

PURE seem to have there service center full of DUBS! who (its killing me this😉) have all been quick to answer the phone /truthful / competent and generally great to deal with !!

As a matter of interest, how much was the deal you were offered by Vodafone to stay?

• Advertisement

From memory it was €50 for 6 months then 60. I remember over a year that PURE worked out as €160 cheaper. Pure was €5 dearer than SKY for SIRO but the SKY deal is only offpeak calls. I limited myself to SIRO providers as wanted to keep the 500gb speed.

Advertisement