Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,552 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

TA that I can't work out how to put spoiler tags in the Television forum, I get five options when I highlight selected text: B, I, S with a stroke through the middle, 2 brackets, interlink sign. When I chose the S with the stroke through the middle it puts a line through the selected text. Why is there no drop down simply saying spoiler tag?

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

^^^

TA that there's no 'preview post' option, can't delete posts , can't quote someone else and delete the superfluous text - have to quote the whole post.. Plenty of TAs on the new layout topic.. TA in 'followed threads' the time seems to be an hour behind... TA that if I'm browsing on my phone (post on laptop) it takes an age for the page to change.. TA that the pages don't seem to refresh automatically..... TA that recently I've gotten an email from Google about someone trying to log into my account - am thinking it could be something to do with this new Vanilla setup 😁 TA a couple of months on from the changeover, and I'm not seeing any benefits..

• Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

• Registered Users Posts: 8,828 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Cleaning windows, thankful I've a bungalow but there is an unnecessary amount of windows

Button flies on jeans. What a load of sh!te

• Advertisement

This week. Let it be over quick. The weekend is needed. 🙏

• Registered Users Posts: 13,662 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I know we had a good few posts on meetings during/either side of lunchtime the other day, but here I am again - have a meeting from 1-2 and another from 2.15 to 2.45. When the fcuk am I supposed to eat??? So sick of this nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭lapua20grain

Grown adults who use euphemisms for perfectly natural body parts and functions. "Down there", "time of the month" etc. Just say period, ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

The word 'passed' annoys me, esp when referring to a historical figure who's been dead for 100 or more years ago.

They died, ffs.

• Advertisement

Oh yay, there's a rat in my back garden.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,171 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I absolutely loathe the expression "due on" in relation to periods.

I mean what exactly does that even mean? 😏

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

so I should stop describing my crotch as my "gentlemans area"?

TA I don't know how the poster above refers to their "down there"... Time of month = period, but nothing for "Down there" 😁 It's that level of self-censorship that has us repressed as a nation 😁

TA : Just like the poster referred to the vermin in the garden (Lady Garden is another one for da euphemisms 😂) , there be a lot of minks round hereabouts 😒

• Registered Users Posts: 6,023 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

• Registered Users Posts: 13,957 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

That 'wins the internet' , as they say on other social media forums 😁 I lol'd 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 13,957 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

girls on dating sites whose photos are all with another girl . Who’s who? One of them is really good looking, the other not so much. Which one are you ?

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭lapua20grain

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,374 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

On the topic of Spotify, last month was horrible because the entire month I was met with that really gear-grinding Nicorette Quickmist advert. The way your man spoke drove me insane. "Nicorehhhhtsh" and the way he said "quick mist" pissed me off something royal as well. "Quickmiust"

Fúckin prick.

😂

That's an immediate "sorry I'll ring you back I'm in the bank" for me. Cornetto comes first.

===================

My latest TA.

My missus decided to order a Chinese last night. She also decided to order from a different place than we normally order from, which always unsettles me as I already like where I get my food. Her reason was "they do better chicken/cheese rolls"

So I get my usual anyway; 4-in-1 (it's simple, it's cheap, and it fills me up for the evening - chips, fried rice, curry, chicken, all in one box. side of extra curry for when it starts to dry up).

Now here come the comparisons.

1. My usual place takes about 20 minutes to arrive | This place took 1 hour and 15 minutes.
    2. My 4-in-1 didn't come in an enclosed plastic container | This place sent me a cardboard box with chips rice and huge blocks of chicken that you'd need a knife to cut, with a side of curry.(what is this, IKEA? I asked for a 4-in-1, not a box of DIY).
    3. My portion was way too big. I couldn't eat half of it. I also could barely eat it out of it's box so I tried to pour it onto a plate. The plate was too small so rice naturally went everywhere.
    4. My rice wasn't egg-fried. It was boiled.

The whole point of a 4-in-1 is it's ready to eat out of the box. This was a huge pain in the hole.

Post edited by Gamer Bhoy 89 on

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,374 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

The behaviour of some drivers. Outside my son's school is a set of pedestrian lights. The amount of time a car blocks the crossing point or goes through the red lights there is crazy.

The drivers concerns seem to be primarily that they are not blocking other traffic rather than worrying about the safety of primary school children. There is even a lolly pop lady supervising the pedestrian light and the drivers seem to ignore her.

Actually not so trivial an annoyance. I think I will goto the Garda station for a chat.

@Gamer Bhoy 89 I have to concur with point 2 on your Chinese TA-keaway; I went to a Chinese (that I had never been to before) , and got some chicken and rice (not a connoisseur, so I forget the name of the concoction 😁) , and I got both portions in them blasted cardboard boxes.. Wtf I thought when I got home - should be in plastic containers 😒

Another Chinese related TA - I was watching a programme on RTÉ 1 last night, and thought it had potential to be entertaining and informing.. Was presented by Ardal O'Hanlon, and it was about the Irish affinity for cursing, and the various idiosyncratic words used 😁 .. This is pretty good I thought, but it wasn't long before it went 'woke' , and the topic of racism came up.. Off to speak to Hazel bloody Chu about racism 😦 - I was compelled to duly switch that shoyte off 😒

• Registered Users Posts: 4,459 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

UK based online retailers who charge Irish VAT, have an Irish VAT number on their website, clearly state "All prices are quoted in the selected currency including Value Added Tax (VAT) at EIRE rates,... If your delivery address is outside of Ireland or the UK, you may be required to pay import duties and taxes when your ******* order reaches your country." but don't seem capable of filling in a CN22B customs declaration so that it gets hit for Irish VAT  plus €3.50 An Post processing fee on top of the Irish VAT that has already been paid to the retailer.

If the retailer doesn't agree to refund the double charge and €3.50 processing fee I think I'll just open a PayPal dispute for the amount on principle. If it doesn't start costing them they're never going to be bothered getting things right.

Work colleague turning toilet roll the wrong way around.

Fake eyelashes.

They have never looked good on anyone ever

The Angry Birds/Disney villain eyebrow trend. Absolutely ridiculous looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Ignorant arseholes on the road.

I was away last weekend and when driving back, I was coming up behind a Kia, who was itself coming up behind a van. It was a wide open road, so the van moved over onto the hard shoulder and left the Kia past. When I caught up with the van a minute later, the van moved over and left me past. Do you think that when I caught up with the Kia, it moved over to leave me past? Did it *$£#! I'm convinced that there is a significant number of people out there completely oblivious to the world around them - so away in their own little world that a minute after someone doing you a courtesy, it would never occur to them that they might then perform that courtesy for someone else, but these days I think the majority are just assholes that wouldn't do the smallest thing for somebody else. I mean, it's not difficult - move the wheel a bit to the left, then straighten out. When the person is past, move the wheel a bit to the right... It's not a big hardship. But they'll drive along for mile after mile, holding you up for no reason.

The second rant is something that couldn't be so easily sorted by people not being assholes... ...or maybe it could. There's a narrow, hilly, twisty second in the middle of the journey with an 80k limit. In dry conditions with good visibility like on my journey, it's very possible to take every bend at 80k. When I was approaching it, what I saw was like a scene out of Mad Max - a slow driver had been holding up an enormous amount of traffic and everybody was in a hurry to get past at the first overtaking opportunity. When I got there I almost immediately got stuck behind some guy driving at 60k. 60k on the straights - he slowed down for the bends. We quickly had a queue form behind us. Do these people ever look at a huge queue of traffic behind them and wonder if maybe they're the problem? When we got through and into a town he sped up to 70k....

I'll end with a frequent rant - overtaking lane hoggers. Some lady on the way out of Cork behind me on the East Cork Parkway today decided to go straight into the overtaking lane as soon as there was one. At first, we were the only two cars I could see on the road, so you'd wonder why the hell she felt the need to be in the overtaking lane. By the time we got to Little Island, she still hadn't overtaken anyone, but now had someone stuck behind her. What kind of asshole does that? Like it's difficult to move over out of a lane you shouldn't be in in the first place? She must have been there for four minutes before actually overtaking anyone. By the time I turned off she had four cars stuck behind her. Holding at least four people up because she's a lazy/inconsiderate/incompetent bitch.

I can't wait until we have self driving cars....

Horrible things... Fake nails too.. Don't understand it... Those 'natural colour' ones are bad enough, but them newer type coloured ones with the pointy tips - just no

• Advertisement

It's the least attractive one. Always. Same with male profiles.

Always!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement