Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TNA Wrestling Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,084 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

From the size of it, I'd say it was a pain carrying it around while wearing the Impact title.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,636 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Madison Rayne didn't stay retired for long.

Impact had it's biggest ratings in 2 months with Christian on as Champion.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Impact having an all women's PPV, They are bring back Impact Knockouts Knockdown.

The main event with be the Shannon 'Daffney' Spruill Memorial Monsters Ball.

Mercedes Martinez has signed on with Impact.

Christy Hemme returns to Impact.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,182 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Mercedes is a stellar signing for them. Wow.

Do memorials have to cleared by anyone considering the bad blood that was between Daffney and TNA. I know it's been through changes since then but wonder if they ever made peace with her.

Victory Road another strong and enjoyable show by Impact.

Crazy to think that Christian was out for 7 years and returned and hasn't missed a beat.

Josh Alexander vs Christian Cage at Bound for Glory that's one to look forward too.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

What do Impact see in the Good Brothers? I just don't get it

Josh is having some year, fully deserved too

I was wondering what Sabin said to Josh. Don;t know why I thought about it but I thought he might be telling him about "Option C". Looks like that's what it was. I think that was limited to Destination X before. Actually just looking it up. I remember Austin Aries coming up with the idea and that was back in 2012.

From what we've seen from Josh so far, he's gonna really test Christian's "Out work everyone" phrase.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,182 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

I'm just glad there's somewhere that a wrestler like Josh can go and excel. The North are both doing well for themselves.

That’s the main event for Bound for Glory sorted.

Now how are they going to involve AAA, NJPW & AEW into the PPV.

Aren't Taurus and Laredo Kid AAA, Christian AEW and Hikuleo NJPW? So already sorted.

Potential Spoiler alert

Fallen Angel appearance tonight?

The announce team named for this weekends KO Knockdown.

Vada Scott will be doing the play by play.

Mickie James will be on Colour commentary.

Mellissa Santos will be the Ring Announcer.

I wonder will The IInspiration turn up tonight.

They are arriving at Bound for Glory,

That was another really fun show put on by Mickie and Impact.

The Tag Me in initiative, what a great tribute to Daffney and this really should be the door the WWE walk through to join in with the rest of the wrestling community.

Awesome Kong a well deserved HOF announcement.

Veda Scott is just so good as a play by play I can't help but think Tony Khan made a mistake not using Veda a lot more.

I was thinking an all women's show was a bit too close to NWA's but it worked both as an Impact show and a tribute to Daffney.

I was thinking the same for the Tag Me In initiative. Thought we might see at least 1 or 2 of the WWE roster in there. even if they don't want to do cross promotion I would like to see them do their own video. Though the cynic in me makes me think Vince wouldn't want that image out there of WWE having unhappy or depressed employees.

It would've been easy for them to just put Daffney in the HoF but I think Kong is the right shout with her having just announced her retirement.

Tony could really do with taking Veda on. He has 4 or 5 person teams and all men. Of course, as you said, she's good at her job so it wouldn't just be about getting a woman on the panel. But at the same time even though people criticise her, NWA has Velvet while RoH has Quinn, not on commentary but as a host. Impact had Madison for a while and WWE has Beth in NXT.

I would never recognise Taylor Wilde these days. Every time she's onscreen since she returned it takes me a while to realise it's her. Even when she was talking about Daffney it wasn't until she said about being in the first Monster's Ball that I realised it was her.

The IInspiration will debut at Bound for Glory in a Tag Team Title match against Decay.

The Bound for Glory card as it stands.

Impact World Championship Match:

Christian Cage (champion) vs. Josh Alexander

Call Your Shot Gauntlet Match:

Wrestlers announced thus far: Rich Swann, Brian Myers, Moose, W. Morrissey.

Impact Knockouts Championship Match:

Deonna Purrazzo (champion) vs. Mickie James

Vacant X Division Championship Three-Way Match:

Trey Miguel vs. Steve Maclin vs. TBD (Willie Mack, El Phantasmo or Rohit Raju)

Knockouts Tag Team Championship Match:

Decay (Rosemary & Havok) (champions) vs. The IInspiration (Jessica McKay & Cassie Lee)

I wonder who the next X Division champ will be, Trey I suppose?

The call your shot winner will be interesting too..

Might order this one actually

• Advertisement

No AAA or AEW talent there as it stands either and they were all invited to Bound for Glory.

El Phantasmo is NJPW.

Not counting Christian as AEW talent for this as he is Impact Champion.

Also goes head to head with  Dynamite on that Saturday

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

I was thinking the same it looks a decent card but I might struggle to stay awake that long. Could watch it Sunday morning I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Was half tempted to head down for this last min but have been shook as a hand after a Sunday mass since I got back from my NY/LA trip - not COVID thankfully. I'm sure the show will deliver alright. Curious if there'll be any surprise appearances, they did well at Slammiversary so let's see.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,946 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

The fact it goes head to head with Dynamite is probably the reason bar Christian there are no AEW stars on the show as both are going out live

Christopher Daniels might make another appearance, but I'm not sure how much he can be counted as an aew guy at the moment either. The main title match would be the most likely candidate for a surprise run-in to create a bit of drama, but with Christian being a face he can't really bring anyone.

On that point, on one hand I do hope Josh wins clean and Christian does a good job putting him over, but on the other it would be nice to have a bit of a swerve along the way to spice up his victory and get the ball rolling for him.

If this was old TNA I'd bet my house on Jeff Jarrett/ Vince Russo/Hulk Hogan showing up and pretending to hit Christian with a guitar before swerving and hitting Josh :D

Suzuki clearly doing a tour of the American promotions. Coming to Impact soon

Looking forward to Bound for Glory on Saturday night now and it goes live after Saturday Night Dynamite so 5+ hours of great wrestling.

Tag Team Title triple threat added to the card.

The Good Brothers vs. Fin Juice vs. The Bullet Club (Chris Bey & Hikuleo)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Fair play if you have the stamina to make it through all of that live on Saturday. I'll probably watch it all between Saturday and Sunday though. I'm only an occasional Impact viewer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Some weekend for it alright, GCW has two big shows also - hard to know how well it will do in terms of PPV buys with all the competition. I was gonna try catch it live but ended up buying a ticket to the Seattle Kraken home opener tomorrow in the NHL. I live across the street from the arena and the hype was too much to pass up!

Advertisement