Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Creek Pitch & Putt

Options
  • 13-10-2021 3:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭

Does anyone know the current status of The Creek Pitch & Putt, near Sean Doherty's Pub on Edmondstown Road, Rathfarnham?

Is it still open?

Comments

It's been closed for 3+ years, and the site has been advertised as being for sale since 2019.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭rathfarnhamlad

@[Deleted User] thanks for clarifying. That's a real pity to see yet another course closed.

You don't happen to know of any other clubs in the locality or not that far away?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Not sure what level you are interested in. You can find more details on local clubs here: http://dublinpitchandputtadmin.com/clubs/ and https://www.irishpitchandputt.ie/clubs/.

Only places I know of are the Par 3 courses in Stepaside now but may be a bit far out for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭thefallingman

Good counsel closed years ago aswell, it's a bit further up but Glencullen is the best p and p course around imo.

Real shame about the creek though i used to go there with the clan in the 90's and then to Dohertys after for a game of pool

I'm not aware of there being any others than The Creek, Good Counsel (closed several years and now a construction site) and the Spawell (closed a while, was never very good).

I'm not sure if the course in Marlay Park counts as local, but that too closed in 2018 although there was talk earlier this year of it being redeveloped and reopened.

Bohernabreena pitch & putt is still going strong and seems to be popular, though I don't know anyone who has played there since before the recession!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Advertisement