Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to request a post to be deleted

Options
  • 16-09-2021 10:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Is it possible to get a post deleted? In this case there's been no replies to it. I reached out to an admin for the sub group but got no reply.

Thanks,

Pa.

Post edited by Spear on

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

At present I think it's one of the issues on the to do list. Drop me a PM with a link and I'll sort it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

I want a post deleted as i didnt go anon thanks.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Either PM the mods in question, or report the post, explaining the issue and why.

I have a number of posts that I would be very glad to see deleted as they give too much away about personal details (like name, location, studies). Is it better for me to request deletion individually by reporting each post separately, or should I send the links to all of them in bulk?

With thanks,

N.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

It depends upon the mod. Removing personal info is a valid reason, but it'd be better to send them in one batch. There's nothing to be gained by spamming reported posts, and more chance of one being missed that way.

• Advertisement

Thank you for taking the time to answer, Spear. I requested deletions for two posts earlier, so I'll wait a bit to see if they'll be done; for the rest, they are scattered across different forums. Is there a mod who could have a look at these as a whole? I was trying to find out where to send a PM, but didn't find a particular mod.

If they're all in the same category, you could ask the cmod of that category to remove them. Otherwise, you'll need to ask the mods on a forum by forum basis. I can see from your two reported posts that they're already in two different categories, so there's no single mod that can remove them.

Spear, thank you again. I was searching last night to find mods, both on laptop and phone. I found an old comment explaining how to find / PM them, but the site has changed since then. I tried looking at sticky posts, but some were old mods / mod accounts closed / not logged in for a long time. How do I find active mods for each category?

Sorry for all the questions: I used to find this easier, but it's been a while.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

You can PM the links to me if you like and I'll take a look.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Just found 2 reports -in in Politics and the other in AH - I've just deleted the two posts in question

• Advertisement

Thank you so much, Beasty! Much relieved.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 NoraS

Hi there,

There’s a post that I can’t seem to comment on that has false accusations on it about drainage issues on a property for sale.

We bought the house recently but got a full drain survey completed beforehand (as I came across this post online when I googled the address) which confirmed that there are no issues with the drains.

Can anyone advise as to how I get it removed or at least that I can comment on it?

-https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058057531/house-for-sale-at-entrance-to-llewellyn-way-rathfarnham-d16-with-drainage-issue

Thanks a mill :)

The Irish Water forum is temporarily closed (their decision), so there's no way for you to comment on it.

And the Talk To forums don't have proper mods, so there's no one you can PM about it.

That leaves it up to the office, so @Boards.ie: Niamh will need to get involved I suspect.

Hi Spear, thanks so much for the response and for letting me know. @Boards.ie: Niamh if there’s anything you can do to help it would be very much appreciated.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

@Boards.ie: Niamh thanks so much for your help.

And with this one sorted now, I'll close this.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement