Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap stores / wholesales for bird food / seeds etc?

Options
  • 12-10-2021 2:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭

Howdy,

I've a load of delightful little Goldfinches who come to the feeders. About 15/16 of them. Lovely little yokes. I'd been trying to entice them with Nyger seed but no luck. Then tried sunflower hearts and hells bells do they love the stuff. The come for sunflower hearts but now eat the Nyger seed as well.

Problem is I'll be broke trying to feed them the fancy stuff all the time. So I'll have to drip feed it a bit more for starters...but I'm also looking to see if anyone knows of any cheap stores / wholesales for bird food / seeds etc?

Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,984 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Agri / co-op type stores often sell them at good prices for large sacks.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭OpenYourEyes

Depends on where you are in the country, but 'The Corn Store' have premises in north and south Dublin and it's pretty much as cheap as you'll get it, if you buy the big 20-25kg bags. They do also deliver.

Prices are similar from New Bawn in Wexford, who also deliver nationwide.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

petcara.ie do the occasional deal, cheapest online place I've found.

Edit: Looking again prices have gone way up since I last ordered.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Bsal

My go to for sunflower hearts and fatballs is PetStop they seem to be the cheapest I've found, they sell the 12.5kg bag of sunflowers hearts for €31 and free delivery, my backup which I recently had to buy from is Newbawn Wild Bird Feed which worked out at only €2 more with delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Bsal

I've no idea why that's coming out in bold text 🙄

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Fishdoodle

Aldi are doing bird food at the moment - Worth a look

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Denalihighway

for emphasis :) - whether you like it or not!

Thanks

Advertisement