Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Special Forces ultimate hell week

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Melanie is annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Láidir agus Dílis

Holy fcuk Melanie

"my kids are not a weakness"

Annoying character

Final challenge is having Rory spouting on about mental health and crying for a few hours through the headphones!

Stringer has passed and I'd say Ryan Andrews will. The other man..acting a bit funny, cold getting to him. 50/50

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

That's some way to give up your whole mission and put your team in danger. 😂

Think Jake Carter was right last week.

An emotional side to Melanie that might get the better of her he said.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,384 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Couldn't have a woman in the Army Ranger wing sure, they'd spill the beans after five minutes of interrogation 😄

It's almost as if she was trying to double-bluff them or something. Crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭Still stihl waters 3

Jesus the lad with the hair has really really white teeth

• Registered Users Posts: 14,527 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

"Me legs fixed"

That comic timing was immaculate.

• Advertisement

Stringer could do it all again

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

I have been to base camp on 3 occasions and have summited Sagarmatha Goddess of the Sky once.

Ryan Andrews was the worst actor, no surprise he's in Fair City!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,844 ✭✭✭straight

3 hard phuckers in fairness. Stringer looks disappointed it's all over. 😁

Fair play to the 3

• Registered Users Posts: 4,844 ✭✭✭straight

Fair play. I climbed Kilimanjaro 11 years ago and would like to have kept going with the highest peaks but family came along. Maybe some day.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,384 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Looks like RTE blew it's entire annual budget on the explosion

• Registered Users Posts: 12,550 ✭✭✭✭siblers

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭The Silver Branch

Thought the very same as she said DS almost before he was in the room!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,662 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

That was a good final show,I enjoyed it a lot. The three lads deserved to finish the course but Melanie talked herself out of finishing which was a shame after getting that far.

Hopefully the main show will be back in the spring.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,176 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

She could waterboard me anytime the stone cold vixen she is.

I wonder what her background is, ex military or maybe psychological profiler or high level corporate trainer?

Suppose the torture could have been worse ..they could have recordings of Rory crying.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,510 ✭✭✭dobman88

None of the above. She used to work for the old TV3, a friend recognised her. She was the announcer between shows, telling you what's coming up and shes an actress now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

Just to add some insight into the kit weight discussion.

Kit is kit and it weights what it weights. Everyone is issued the same kit in the defence forces.

On every exercise, task or mission, there is a universal amount of required kit you take with you, the only thing that changes is the addition of mission specific kit.

Depending on your role within the team, you may have more kit that others.

20kg is a nice base level representative weight of kit for all candidates.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,176 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Ah yeah I knew she looked familiar, I'd seen her in a fringe show at the DTF before, I know her now.

I'd have loved to see Dilksy from the UK show arrive in, he's a complete psycho. And then a cage match between him and DS Ger to finish!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

What exactly does the umpire do apart from fe€k all??

I kinda get where Melanie was coming from, that in a real life situation they would have known exactly what they were up to but did she not watch any previous series? You just play the game.

I thought Stringer or Ryan Andrews were going to fcuk up when they were brought into the room with the redhead babe. Andrews started walking around casually shaking his head to yer wan as if to say "this is tough".

That's the difference between fake and real, real life situation you'd never think that yer wan was on your side or just assessing you. In a real life situation, Stringer, Andrews and O'Neill would have bullets in their head after Melanie spilling the beans.

I would have also preferred if they didn't take off their hoods and allowed them to see the other 2 participants. If that was me, I'd have gotten a big boost to know the other 2 were also still there going through the same thing as me.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

From Rory's Facebook and obviously linked with the picture of him and Ray from earlier in the week.

"Delighted to announce some very special events with the main man himself Ray Goggins💪🏼. We’ll be discussing mindset, resilience, dealing with failure and conquering those inner demons. Really excited to get on the road and give you all a great insight into our journeys. Tickets go on sale next Tuesday ( 15th of October) at 9am "

https://www.facebook.com/100044545021561/posts/418410116320486/

Now we know why he was kept in for so long....$$$$$$$$$

• Advertisement

You'd have to laugh when the DS talk about honesty, especially when picking out someone you thought would fail the course. Or giving corporate speak.

There was no honesty with them and Rory. Kid gloves approach, let off numerous times. Melanie Nocher had one error (admitedly a bad one) and she's gone. If I was her I'd be annoyed with the latitude given Rory. I'd put money on it that if he had gotten that far, and said what Melanie said to the interrogators, he would have been allowed pass. It was the right thing to do not to pass melanie, but there are double standards.

Goggins sees the dollar signs too, new book, latch on to Rory's following and do the mental health circuit. That man (Goggins) can't talk about honesty anymore.

Advertisement