Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Davy05

• Registered Users Posts: 2,636 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Bit surprising after reading on here a while ago that AEW had abandoned the storyline but TK has confirmed that Hangman will face Omega at Full Gear!

• Registered Users Posts: 60,596 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Scorpio Sky has signed a new 5 year extension.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,944 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Cannot wait for this match and especially the lead up will be incredible since they have some much history together along with the Elite, the pop when he finally gets the win will be huge. At least when he has the belt it opens up new rivalries including a heel Punk.

Tbh when AEW first started I honestly didnt get the deal with Hangman, however they've done a great job over the last 2 years imo of making him feel like a big deal so really looking forward to Full Gear.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,169 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

PPV card? Someone on Reddit deciphered most of it...

Kenny vs Hangman

Bryan vs Mox

Inner Circle vs American Top Team

MJF vs Darby

Punk vs Wardlow

Britt vs ???

Thunder Rosa vs Jade Cargill

Christian vs Cole

Young Bucks vs Jurassic Express

OC vs Malakai Black

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

I'm just guessing here, but obviously Hangman will have the Dark Order in his corner as backup, in case of any shenanigans from The Elite? Or will they go the straight 1 on 1, and no screwy shenanigans route?

Also the Eliminator tournament will be interesting, who emerges as Hangman's first challenger?

There is going to be some red raw chests after this match

• Registered Users Posts: 29,070 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

He's sure to point out Jade vs Rosa will be a short match

So what's the AEW schedule this week?

No Dynamite tonight

Rampage on Friday plus 2 matches beforehand

Dynamite on Saturday.

That it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

WWE in petty **** shocker 😅

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,899 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Pro wrestling has a history of doing it. Bischoff did it to WWF back in day which wasn’t good.

Pro wrestling has a history of doing it. Bischoff did it to WWF back in day which wasn’t good.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,275 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Just watching Evil Uno's Vlog and Garcia was on it and confirms he's signed with AEW

Great news and very much deserved

• Registered Users Posts: 29,070 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Just watched it for that part. Good to hear. And he's only 23?

Supposedly is 23.

What a talent tbh, I dont think he's going to shake the world with his promo's but that's what 2.0 are there for. AEW hides the negatives so well

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Also, not complaining because I do appreciate the visuals but it was telling that (if I'm not mistaken) the weeks of the Punk return and the week after BD and Cole debuted they prominently featured The Bunny / P Ford vs Tay Conti /Anna Jay in some kind of tag matches.

I get the thinking behind it, it's tv with a load of new eyes watching and sexy sells but it's not exactly progressive to put the 4 hottest women in the company centre stage right then over say Thunder Rosa / Deeb / Shida putting on a clinic.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,003 ✭✭✭✭titan18

I'd imagine Hangmans first defence will be Winter is Coming slot, and I'd be leaning towards Miro or Andrade (possibly Moxley). I think his first PPV challenger should be Moxley though as that's a good feud that should get a good build to it. Miro or Andrade could be good stop gaps though as credible wrestlers who are heels and will put on good matches. Likes of Moxley, Cole, heel Punk, MJF deserve good builds though and PPV or at least the TNT supershow matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,407 ✭✭✭Riddle101

I have to say, AEW has been doing a wonderful job with the AEW World Championship. It feels so exciting the way we can talk about possible opponents and future world champions with that the idea that there are so many people who are worth considering for a title reign. Hangman Page, Bryan Danielson, CM Punk, MJF, Miro, Adam Cole, etc. And then you have Jon Moxley, Chris Jericho, and Kenny Omega who are strong contenders too. Those who have held the title so far have done well enough as champions that it gives it some credibility and prestige. It feels like the old days when a world championship felt like it meant something.

The TNT Championship also has that same feeling as well and reminds me of the classic Intercontinental Championship that was held by the likes of Mr. Perfect, Roddy Piper, Razor Ramon, and Ricky Steamboat.

• Advertisement

Rampage is going commercial free for Punk vs Sydal which will be the first match, TNT backing it's show.

Tay Conti vs. Santana Garrett added to the buy-in.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,169 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Garrett vs Conti II. That's brave.

Hope they don't sign Garrett. Think she's awful!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

I think most women on the roster are basic in terms of ability.

Besides Rosa, Deeb, Hitsch and Baker, theres no one I really wanna watch.

Im not saying their all ****, but they dont wrestle at a high standard.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I like Sydal’s in ring work. But as a character in AEW he’s utterly pointless. When was his last big win?

He’s a jobber to the stars so I don’t get why they hype his matches anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

I'm loving mad lad Tony this week, splashing the cash so the Punk match is commercial free tonight and talking **** about how he's got deeper pockets than WWE.

What an amazing thing for Tony Khan to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

They've been brilliant to that family. Brodie Jr is going to grow up absolutely desperate to get into pro wrestling. I wonder how much longer the sneaky little devil will get away with getting hugs from Tay and Anna Jay?!

• Advertisement

It also goes to show the impact that Brodie left imprinted in the way too short time he was in the company.

Advertisement