Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 22 Ultimate Team discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Maybe EA doesn't want a player with a anti-vaccine stance in their TOTW.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

It says in that picture that you have 3 matches remaining, so 6 played already? 15 points after 6 played would be 3:3, is it not correct or am I missing something myself?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

They really insist on making this tedious, don’t they. Hadn’t noticed this until you said it.

considering Div 5, Rank 1 only awards a small amount of points, I’m powering through with rewards anyway. But that’s such a stupid system.

rewards.

rare player pack - Ililic.

prime gold players pack - Kjaer

• Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I have the option of prime gold pack or jumbo premium gold.

which of these is better?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Jimenez twice and Morata in my Div 4 Rivals rewards.

Think I've packed Jimenez around 5 billion times now, and I'm only slightly exaggerating.

• Advertisement

I am guessing Prime Gold, since it's a 45k pack, vs the Jumbo Premium at 50k. Jumbo has way more players, so sounds like a lot of fodder, vs fewer higher value players in prime gold?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

3-5 :(

Last loss it was 1-1 at half time, I had 11 shots and 3.6xg and he had 1 shot (chip shot with icon) and 0.1xg.

It went to extra time and he scored in the 120th minute on a break from my corner (which the keeper made one of those impossible saves). Not sure how many points I get from Div 4 rewards but I don't think I'll have enough time to get the 1500 points and try again.

Got a Busquets walkout from rivals pack. Meh.

got TOTW Raphina in Grealish SBC pack too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭BrentMused

IIRC it's 400 points from Rewards from 4.

200 points for a win so 4 wins and a few losses to get enough give it another go. You'll definitely get that :)

You're on PS5, aren't you? You are a very good player too based on your posts throughout last season.

Try the PS4 version if you have access to it via the Ultimate Edition.

If you switch to PS4 and play on Friday or Saturday when WL is ongoing you will walk into it I reckon.

Ha thanks, I would say I'm an average player, I was in low end Div 1 for most of last season.

200 a win might be achievable with the 400 points. Sure will give it a go and see what happens!!

It's mad, I breezed through rivals games giving me confidence and then it's a totally different game when I went into the qualifiers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Does the road to European cups event usually have any decent SBCs at launch tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Yeah there will be one player SBC and an Objective Player.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,120 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

if thats average i shudder to think what that makes me!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,654 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

There's just no way Division 1 is average though

Well I could easily get to G3 and went to G2 most weeks I was bothered. Scraped G1 once.

Took a beating by the AI in Squad Battles so dropped De Gea, Gomez and Matip and brought in Skriniar, Chiellini and Szczesny.

Was going to do that Umtiti SBC but it seems over priced?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Went from 0-2 to 1-4 after losing two matches where I was ahead. Got it back to 3-4 now so have a small chance of still qualifying.

The next time my center back decides to sprint towards his own goal to make sure absolutely everyone is onside I'm going to quicksell my club. 😫

Jonathon David's IF is a fun card though. Feels better than Haaland even though he's rated 4 lower overall.

Have had awful pack luck this year, Sancho was my best pull so far from 12,000 FIFA Points, the 4,600 pre-order packs and advanced SBC'S.

However that changed a bit tonight as I pulled Pogba from the 50 Rivals wins (untradeable) and Kane from Marquee Matchups.

How does Pogba play this year? In previous editions I've found him pretty clunky but the fact he's one of the very few gold cards over 100k suggests he's improved?

I'll never get him starting on any sort of decent chemistry in my current side, but he looks ideal to bring on after 70 minutes as a box-to-box replacement for Barella in my Serie A squad.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,439 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Pogba is pretty good this year. I got him untradeable and he's banging in a few goals for me in his last few matches for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Bought €10 worth of points and 1st pack i opened, Bruno Fernandes popped out, lol

Kimpembe best of the rest, both up for sale

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Haaland is ridiculously effective when you boost his dribbling and passing. His movement inside the box is perfect, he's always in the right place for a cut back, can score from crosses, huge threat from corners and if you get it onto his left foot and shoot with power, it's about as high of a percentage chance as there is in this game. Love that proper number 9s are viable now. Presume there'll come a point where his dribbling is going to let me down, but so far so good.

Really tempted to do the Benzema SBC, even though I know he'll have a heap more special cards. Would love to fit in that Koulibaly, but could only get him on 7 chem. Having said that, he'd surely be better than my 850 coin Akanji (who is also on 7 chem).

Went 5-0 in the playoffs with my 90K team. Switch to 4-2-3-1 with Dybala as CAM in minute one (using FIFA Analysts tactics). Even with 60 depth, I find my defense dropping too deep.

Should be up to around 35 saved packs for the promo tomorrow after I gave away a few wins to close out weekend league qualification and do marquee match-ups.

Squad battles are starting to serious get on my tits with the AIs insanely accurate ping pong passing.

And when they just stop and stand still and do nothing until you move toward them.

Were bring trolled by EA with this bollocks.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I adore him in game. He’s able to utterly clown people who sit deep, thanks to the broken finesse shots. He can whip in shots from absolutely anywhere outside the box.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Said I wouldn't do the qualifiers but m8 was going on about it so said **** it.

First 2 games I rage quit out of.

Then after getting destroyed by a 4321 team in the 2nd game I looked up a tactic. Went on a 6 game win streak. Went into the 9th game with a bronze team and gifted the win, even got a nice thanks message.

Suppose that's the hard part out of the way now

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Said I'd play one more and gift the other three...this is what I get for praising any sort of striker....😂

I done it!!!

Got the 1500 points and qualified 5-2 tonight!! Swapped over to PS4 but didn’t notice the player quality dropping, Ben Yedder banging in goals for me all evening.

Post edited by Mr Moon on

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

I have an 84ovr PL team and haven't played a match yet, sold Kimpembe for 56k, that helped, Bruno still for sale at 125k, it goes downhill from here when i start playing games tomorrow, going with my fifa 21 trusted 532 tactics

I have 1400 champs points. If I get the last 100 tomorrow, does that mean I can play the qualifiers this weekend?

and if i get through those, play the champs games next weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

What tactic did you go for?…..the flat back 6 or “4-2-3-1” loads are using is boring me to tears.

• Advertisement

For the first time ever, I'm actually looking forward to playing WL this weekend.

Don't get me wrong, the qualifiers are a complete nightmare with everyone playing as if their life depends on it, but once you're in it seems pretty much stress free.

I'm a Gold 3 player (the odd time I'd hit Gold 2) so even if I don't win a single game, I'll still get the same rewards I used to get every weekend anyway.

4 wins and I'd getting rewards I never would have got near in previous FIFA's. 8 wins would be pretty much dreamland with the TOTW pack, again something I could never have got near previously.

Going to aim for the 4 wins and see what happens. Hopefully a few gifted free wins might get me nearer to the 8!

Advertisement