Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newcastle United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2022/2023

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,388 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

In terms of numbers, what are 0.3% of Disney shares worth compared to 80% of £300 million. In terms of influence worldwide, is Disney likely to be worth more than Newcastle United?

While you’re doing the maths I’ll be over here watching the football ⚽️

they have zero influence or control in Disney with less than 0.3% stock - even a small child with first class maths could work that out.

buy or sell a share - that's all they can do.

In contrast they have complete control at NUFC with 80%, a premier league team in the league with the most global reach and popularity.

precisely why they are there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭macraignil

I posted this link to the official statement from the premier league about the take over a couple of pages back. It says in the statement that "The Premier League has now received legally binding assurances that the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia will not control Newcastle United Football Club." I think your claims of direct Saudi control are completely in contradiction to those made by the premier league and I have no reason to believe anything you are posting is more reliable and trustworthy than anyone else.

You even posted a picture of a starving child during your last rant about Saudi Arabia and your persistent whining has made me consider your point about "sportswashing". I now think that it is great that some of the oil money from the middle east is being pumped into promoting sport in the UK in a part of the country that has had more economic difficulty than some other areas. The UK looks to be in need of all the help it can get over the next few years when the full impact of their idiotic decision to leave the EU plays out in their wider economy. If the middle east country that has committed to further investment in Newcastle is doing so to improve its image on the international stage that is a great thing in my opinion and may make it more considered about its actions that impact that image in future. This discussion is more fitting to the politics or economics forums than a thread about the Newcastle United football team which according to the premier league is not under the control of Saudi Arabia. I usually don't repeat myself so often but for you I see no other choice but to again ask that you get down off your high horse and find somewhere else to show off your moral superiority.

The chairman of the PIF is Mohammed bin Salman Al Saud

The PIF owns 80% of NUFC

That document isn't worth the paper it's printed on.

The Premier League has now received legally binding assurances that the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia will not control Newcastle United Football Club.

But the Saudi Public Investment Fund (PIF) does!

You couldn't make it up.

Here's a good quote from an article yesterday

The Premier League speaks of having legally binding guarantees of separation, although quite what those are is hard to ascertain.

After all, getting independent legal advice in Saudi Arabia is all but impossible, and the idea of the Premier League taking legal action against the Saudi state is frankly laughable, given its failure to initiate civil action in Saudi Arabia over beoutQ.

Does the Premier League care? Bird & Bird, a law firm operating for the Premier League, employed a number of experts to investigate whether there is indeed separation between PIF and the Saudi state.

At least three of them concluded there was not, with one submitting Saudi government documents that described the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia as the ultimate beneficiary owner of PIF.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭macraignil

Maybe its a sign that there was no truth to the stories about Graeme Jones taking charge and they are working to appoint a completely new manager with their own team of coaches which I imagine would take a few weeks at least to organise. With the way the team has performed so far this season I could understand the idea that a full clean out of the existing management and coaching staff would be in the best long term interest of the club.

Post edited by macraignil on

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,388 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

Taking everything I read with a pinch of salt at the moment, I’ll still be happy with Newcastle staying up this year whoever is sitting in the dugout. There should be no rush for anything now, do things right & build the club up slowly with the right people is the way to go. Get us stable, get the infrastructure built around the club & then push on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Scoundrel

To be fair I've just read Sky reporting that Bruce will be sacked prior to Sunday I just think he's a poisonous influence his presence would ruin the atmosphere on Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭Fandymo

If he gets called to an appointment in one of their embassies he might be better off walking, rather than waiting for the sack, considering what happened to Jamal Khashoggi. The Dissident is an excellent documentary about the new Newcastle owner.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭IAmTitleist

Why would Steve Bruce get called to a Saudi embassy?

Oh that's very clever did you make that one up all by yourself? So original and fresh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭jimwallace197

Wouldnt touch Ramsey or Coutinho with a barge pole, both Barcelona & Juventus have been whoring them around Europe with no success. We should learn from the early mistakes City made in signing absolute mercenaries before getting it right. I'd rather us sign a number of proper pros with some premier league experience who are still hungry enough to establish themselves as a top player instead of going for money grabbing mercenaries who want to pick up one final payday. Calvert Lewin & Bellingham are a bit unrealistic at this stage, I'm sure they are willing to wait from an offer from one of the top 4/5 clubs.

The likes of Adebayor, Robinho, Jo, Wayne Bridge etc did little to nothing for that city.

Compare that to Zabaleta, Kompany, Silva, Aguero, young up and coming players with a point to prove & how well they did for the club.

That's why I think the likes of Ivan Toney, Zaha, John McGinn, Conor Coady would be ideal, they still have plenty to prove & will want to establish themselves at the top of the PL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,609 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Both are bad... it really isn't that hard to say that. You should not try to minimise either.

I don't believe Newcastle fans support the Saudi regime or their actions so the absolute worst thing they can do it try to deflect or use whataboutery when the inevitable questions come up over the Saudis.

The Saudi's wanted into the Premier League. They wanted to put themselves front and central in a very high profile environment so they should come under every piece of scrutiny possible. Their atrocities should be highlighted and spread across everything from News outlets to fan forums. The more it is highlighted the better.

It isn't or shouldn't be an attack on Newcastle United fans - they had no say in this sale. As long as the fans don't go to bat for the Saudi's then there is no issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭tastyt

That’s a fair point , I’d have to disagree with you on Ramsey though . He’s consistently brilliant for Wales and had a great Euros .

Things haven’t worked out at Juve but I think , for the right price , he’s a good pro as you say with experience at top clubs and still only 30 . I’m sure many would disagree but i think he would be a massive upgrade if we didn’t have to be outrageous wages . I wouldn’t touch him on anywhere near the wages he’s on at juve obviously

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Icaras

I think Ive asked this before but what would you like to see happen from this from Newcastle fans, the FA, your own club and other clubs?

Should the FA change their fit and proper test - what should be changed and if things are changed should it be retroactivly used on all club owners? Do you think they will change the test? Do they follow English law, international law, whats printed in the media, what other clubs think etc.?

As a side note i can't think of any instance where the FA put morals ahead of money.

Do you think yours (not sure who you support) and other clubs fans should refuse to travel to Newcastle games? Should the clubs refuse buy/sell players from/to Newcastle?

What do you expect from Newcastle fans? Not go to games or buy merch? Protests? Support someone else? The fans have wanted Ashley out since 2008/2009 so its pretty obvious from this, things like the money been taken from Man Utd by their owners, the money taken by Arsenals owners that fans have no real power.

Post edited by Icaras on

I think he's very injury prone and doing it at international level isnt the same as doing it week in, week out in the pl. I dont mind him but I just dont think he's the type of player we want to attract or build the team around & one of the reasons why he's free is no doubt because of his astronomical wages. I dont think Juve would be willing to make a contribution to those wages either especially given Newcastle's wealth. He'd smash the wage structure & no doubt alot of players would be up in arms about him, I think he'd do more damage than good. There's a reason why Arsenal & Juve got rid of him. As you said, he's 30 with his best years behind him & even at his best, he wasnt that good.

Signing relatively young & upcoming pros with pl experience along with more experienced, hardened veterans would be a good mix to get us back in the top ten.

Top ten is a realistic target for the end of the season & top 6 the year after that, that's what we should be aiming for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭fitzparker

I read somewhere that Jones contract is complete separate to Bruce and the other 27 Steve's. I also didn't realise Jones left the England set up after the euros. so he is full time with Newcastle. I wouldn't mind him taking over until the end of the season, our main priority is to stay up and lets be honest it wont be him giving the owners his transfer targets anyway.

Its now Wednesday, if Bruce isnt gone today then he will be there Sunday which does put a dampner on the occasion.

Separately "Wor Flags" are back for the first time in a couple of years! So hopefully it gets the team fired up for our first 3 points of the season

I was going to put my 2 cents in on this, but the above explains it for me.

I will not stop supporting my club due to actions of the owners, I didn't do it with Ashley and I can't do it now.

If Ireland go to next years world cup, would we not support Ireland because 6500 practically slaves have died building stadia?

"support the team not the regime"

My one point is, billionaires no matter their background are entitled to do what they want, its up to the governing bodies to stop that.

Premier League held firm not allowing the deal to go through (which for some part I agreed with), BUT as we found out last week when Saudi struck a deal with BEIN sports the deal was approved within hours, this proved it wasn't because PIF couldn't prove "their funds are separate to Saudi money" it was to make sure their $500m deal with BEIN was safe.

@glasso You make valid points, but start a thread over on After hours or the likes

Leave this one for the 10 NUFC fans that want our team to succeed and if it makes you feel better, the Reuben brothers are estimated to be worth 17 Billion and they own 10%, so lets count the first 1.7 billion spent as their money to help us all sleep better at night.

Hey all, fellow Toon supporter here. Long time lurker until they changed the site.

Delighted with the takeover. I never cared what happened in Saudi Arabia before so I'm not going to start caring now!

Looking forward to feeling optimistic about my team for the first time since Bobby Robson.

Test post

Post test

• Advertisement

What do fans think of the potential managers we're being linked with. Lampard then Favre, Conte, Gerrard, Martinez, Rodgers, Howe

1) Frank Lampard, I wouldnt be happy with it all, think he was found out at Chelsea & played a rubbish brand of football too. Even at Derby, didnt do brilliant, just managed to get them to the playoffs. Bit of an ego going on there as well especially considering how little he's achieved as a manager.

2) Lucian Favre, I dont know much about him, did well enough at Dortmund & Borrusia Monchengladbach. Did reasonably well with both but not outstanding. Also, theres the language barrier and the fact he has no experience of the PL, wouldnt be my choice.

3) Antonio Conte, I'd be over the moon with him but I don't know if its realistic at this stage.

4) Steven Gerrard, yah not bad, has done well with Rangers & with a strong budget behind him, who knows, are we just a stepping stone for him for when Klopp retires to go to Liverpool? Maybe we can use him & he use us. Win, win situation.

5) Roberto Martinez, absolutely not, would be a terrible decision, relegated Wigan, did nothing with Everton, & has underachieved with a superb Belgian side. Strikes me as a bit of a spoofer also

6) Brendan Rodgers, id be happy with him, plays good football, came extremely close to winning the PL with Liverpool, did well at Celtic & is performing above expectations with Leicester by having them challenging for the top 4 each season. Very unlucky to miss out both times. Knows the PL inside out too.

7) Eddie Howe, not a terrible choice, did very well with Bournemouth for 5 seasons before they were eventually relegated, had them seriously punching above their weight, was noted for bringing through youth & playing a decent style of football. Negatives would be that he has already relegated one club & thats probably not what we need when we're in the middle of a relegation scrap ourselves, also, given the fact he's not a particularly big name in football, would probably struggle to attract good quality players to the club.

Not Lampard or Gerrard tbh. Celtic are in decline which means I could manage Rangers to the title.

I see the hateful Bruce is more than likely to be left in charge for Sunday which spoils things a little tbh.

Many media outlets are reporting that the Saudis want Bruce left in charge till DOF and manager are in place.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭IAmTitleist

I wouldn't be totally against Bruce being charge until the end of the season.

We are in a relegation dogfight and to be honest none of the names i've seen mentioned fill me with all that much confidence to get us out of it.

With a 3/4 signings in January i think Bruce would safely steer us clear of relegation and then in the summer we can really overhaul the players and staff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Healio

Being outside of the transfer windows, I'm not too bothered keeping Bruce in charge ; we've Tottenham, Chelsea and Arsenal in the next 6 games.

While points are no doubt a must to get it's probably better if we are to lose some of these games that its Bruce in charge.

At least Bruce will eventually be the fall guy; and we'll still hopefully get the new manager "bounce" when the new regime find their manager.

I dont agree about Bruce being kept on as the new manager, id be happier with Graeme Jones to take over until the end of season if thats what he needs to be done. He's most definitely lost the dressing room, the good feeling around the club will evaporate fairly quickly, he plays a shocking brand of football & always struck me as a manager that doesnt have a clue what he's doing. Also, will the players pay any attention to him if they know he's going to be gone at the season? extremely doubtful. Im not mad about Lampard, Howe or Favre but I'd even think them over Bruce as keeping him on would be the worst possible outcome for Newcastle & would further indicate the new owners don't know what they are doing.

Getting rid of Ashley & getting the deal through the PL's standards of ownership was the hard part, I hope the new owners don't mess it up by keeping this headless chicken in charge.

Bruce is a terrible manager. I've honestly no idea how he continues to find jobs.

Also, I'm not happy with Amanda Stavely being in charge at this crucial moment in time, yes, she's able to broker a deal but what does she actually know about running a football club & more importantly, football, I doubt very much. Last thing we need on top of Bruce is another clueless runner of a club like Woodward of United. The Saudi's need to step up & get involved or hire someone who is competent enough to see us through this period.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

As an outside observer, I don't think any of them are the right fit for the club right now.

Lampard isn't worth talking about.

Favre is great in terms of tactical adaptability, but the PL would be a big learning curve without some stability behind him.

Gerrard would be a wildcard. He has done well at Rangers but he has thrown players under the bus when things haven't gone his way. I don't think he is anywhere near the experience level required for the pressure of managing in the Premier League.

Rodgers would need a squad of quality players to get results. He was smart enough to jump ship at Celtic when he realised that the tide was turning and Rangers were going to be in a position to challenge again. He's a great coach but a poor man manager and he has trouble adapting his methods when fixtures pile up. He also has a massive ego which can be a problem as he demonstrated during his time at Liverpool.

Howe is settled on the south coast and has said previously that it would be very difficult for him to uproot his young family.

If the new owners decide to install a new manager for the long term they should get the structure in place to support them beforehand.

• Advertisement

Where are posters getting the idea that Gerrard is a decent manager? He’s won 1 out of 9 trophies available in Scotland since he arrive there. St Johnstone won more trophies than him last season.

I think Rodgers ceiling is about Leicester, see his results in Europe.

Howe seems to be becoming a better and better manager the longer he’s unemployed.

I’d be looking to the likes of Jesse Marsch, Adi Hutter, Robeto De Zerbi, Nico Kovac, Hansi Flick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,022 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Gerrard still has a huuuge amount to prove - but that's a pretty weirdly negative way of interpreting Rangers performance in the league last year... in what has firmly been a 1 team league for a decade, he convincingly won the league with not-that-team. And pulled off an invincible centurion season at the same time. And overachieved in Europe as well. It was a really impressive season all in all. Like, even with Celtic themselves underperforming, out of nowhere and for a lot less money Rangers put in a season that Celtic haven't managed since 16/17.

He has more to do for sure, but it's fairly tangible proof that he actually does have some merit as a manager. Wouldn't think the time is right for him for the Newcastle job though, feels like a bad fit for what's required in the immediate future.

Bruce in charge the weekend is a dampner, all week talk of him being let go and I think its too late now to get rid of him, I don't think it will effect the players either if it did happen as Jones ( who basically trains them anyway) will step in.

If he picks up results he will be kept on I feel. I just hope for the sake of the team Schar starts AT CB!!

He played twice AT CB during the week (for the 15th Rank country in the world) and got 2 assists and man of the match. Yet our only defensive midfielder plays ahead of him which leaves our midfield exposed (this is the tripe we have to live with under Bruce)

Regarding managers, Conte of course is the dream.. it could be too soon for him but stranger things have happened.

After that for me Rodgers then Howe

Lampard I wouldn't touch and Gerrard ( yes he won a title with a shite team but so did Ranieri and he hasn't done anything since)

Too early and too big of a Job for Gerrard, Newcastle is n unforgiving club, if he messes up with all he could be given he can kiss goodbye the liverpool gig

I wouldn’t call last season “invincible” for Gerrard. He lost in both cups. Rodgers did an invincible domestic season previously, not losing a single domestic game.

As for winning last seasons league, I think any manager would have done that given Celtics collapse. Lennon pretty much had a breakdown in the summer previous and never got going. I think the pressure of the 10 really got into his head and hope he gets the help he needs before even thinking of getting back into football.

Also, a lot less money?? Gerrard has massively outspent Celtic since he arrived. Celtic spend what they bring in, Rangers don’t bring anything in.

Your “tangible proof” is a fairytale.

I said it already, but I reckon I could manage Rangers to the title.

Jeez, relax - I'm not saying he's the second coming, and I've already said I don't think this is the job for him and he has more to prove. I'm simply answering the assertion that he's literally shown nothing at all of being a decent manager. I presume there's some personal reason to be so negative on him? Like nitpicking the invincibles thing - it's entirely accepted as a term for teams that go an entire league season unbeaten. The Arsenal Invincibles obviously being the most famous example (who also lost in every cup).

And I myself pointed out Rodgers also-brilliant - truly exceptional - season. Both were excellent seasons. Rodgers Celtic performances springboarded him into the Leicester job after all, so obviously they were considered to have merit.

Winning a league with over 100 points, unbeaten, is impressive. Especially when another team has won that league for 9 years running. Like, it's good. You can argue back and forth about 'how' good, but it's good. It's a sign of a fella doing a decent job.

• Advertisement

I’m perfectly relaxed. This will be my last post on Gerrard. Arsenal went unbeaten in the PL, something that had never been done before. If someone were to go a season unbeaten in the PL, FA Cup and League Cup (maybe Newcastle), I think that would diminish Arsenals achievement and they could maybe be rebranded as League Invincibles, as the other club would take the mantle of Domestic Invincibles.

Regarding Gerrard, he seems a decent manager when things are going well. He’s spent a lot of money for a very small return. 1 trophy out of 9 over three years. He also has a tendency to throw his players under the bus after a bad result, something which he may get away with in Scotland with the level of player, but that he would not get away with in a dressing room full of superstars and associated egos. I think this season will make or break him. He could push on from the league title of last season or he could Lampard. It will be interesting to see.

Yeah, I think a lot of that second paragraph is fair enough, as I said myself he has a lot more to prove. I think we've seen growth over those 3 seasons though, and him improving and changing his methods. The football itself improved, and the training-ground patterns of play improved, and I think his demeanour also improved. I get the sense he's pushed past the 'under the bus' thing, which he was a fecker for in 19/20. As you say it'll be interesting to see, but he's already doing more than I expected of him. His decision making from here on what jobs he takes is crucial, and Newcastle should be down the bottom of that list for now.

In order of preference

1) Antonio Conte

2) Brendan Rodgers

3) Lucian Favre

4) Steven Gerrard

5) Eddie Howe

6) Roberto Martinez

7) Frank Lampard

I dont get the dislike for Gerrard, he's done well for a relatively new manager, not unbelievable but good, hes young & still very well respected in the game.

Plenty of better managers have thrown players under the bus, sometimes players need a good kick up in the arse. I dont prescribe to the theory, you should have never say anything negative about them in public ever. If they're taking the piss, they need to be called out. People look back on Mourinho now with Pogba & alot would side with Mou now in calling him out & not accepting his crap. If united had listened to him, maybe they might be in a better position. Certain players are toxic in the dressing room & need to be challenged.

Unai Emery after coming out of nowhere to be installed as second favourite after Lampard, not the worst short to medium term, pl experience, very good record in europe, has won a number of things & has experience in dealing with loaded middle eastern owners, id put him on the same level as Favre

I can't think of a single reason for hiring Lampard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭jacool

Surely, any manager coming in would have to be of the calibre to cope with the egos and shenanigans associated with the kind of players that this money could bring in.

Of that list up there only Conte fits the bill.

I'd be throwing Ancelotti, Allegri and Zidane onto the list.

Further down the road, yes, & thats why conte would be ideal in 2/3 years time. Right now though, we need a manager capable enough to get us out of this relegation scrap & has a good enough standing in the game to get us decent players in Jan.

Honestly, for the immediate task ahead of them, and the build into midtable that'll be the first order of business next year, I actually think the best man for the job is Dyche. Give him a 2.5 year contract to keep them up, and build a platform, and after next season see how he's doing. If he's looking like midtable is his ceiling with a good team (as they will have by then), then throw him off and bring in the next level up.

He's not sexy, but the job right now is not a sexy one. And no-one keeps a team up and gets a club pulling in the same direction like Dyche. As a bonus, it also destabilises Burnley, and makes them and Norwich pretty much certs to drop, so Newcastle would only have that last spot to worry about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,174 ✭✭✭Xander10

It was a bit of a cringe fest especially the supporters with the tea towels on their heads.

How fitting an epitaph( hopefully) that was for Steve Bruce in charge total lack of organisation in every department mystifying substitutions several players played out of position and a scandalous lack of fitness and preperation all round. Sack him today!!

Brutal performance yesterday, Bruce should have gone last week as a number of us have been saying. Amanda Stavely doesn't seem to know what she's doing so far & the Saudis need to get the finger out, were in a deep relegation fight especially with this defense, we dont have the time for dithering over the next manager. Not having Bruce in charge yesterday would have been a huge lift for us tactically, for the players & for the fans. Absolutely no valid reason why he should have been left in charge and I don't buy this crap with it being his 1000 game, there's no room for sentimentality in football & I felt it was Stavely's decision to leave him in charge. She seems to be the one making decisions unfortunately.

Defensively, we were all over the place as usual & two of the goals conceded were criminal. We could have lost the game by more & spurs will be lucky to finish in the top 6 this year so not their even a top side, we made them look very good. We were far far too open, especially after we scored the first goal, we should have got a lot tighter, focused on retaining possession & sat back in our half a little more while waiting to catch them on the counter. Manquillo & Wilson were the only two to come out of the game with any credibility. Firstly, I dont know why Bruce keeps persisting with Ritchie at left back & Joelinton at all, hes one of the worst players I've ever seen play for Newcastle. Shelvey is an absolute plonker too & he needs to be gotten rid of in January, he's never going to change now.

This issue around Bruce is becoming a big one, either they back him 100% or get rid, there leaving it open to alot of speculation which isnt helping the team one bit. Also, alot of these players know he's going to be gone soon most likely so I'd imagine he doesn't have much authority either & discipline is becoming an issue, hence Shelvey's stupid red card yesterday. Stavely can blather on all she wants about wanting/waiting to get it right but we dont have the time. Get a manager in there now who's out of a job, who knows what he's doing. Plenty of them around. Back him until the end of the season & if he doesn't work out, let him go in the summer, its not like the new owners dont have the financial clout to be pay him off. This is a poor start to the Saudi regime, hopefully they'll get more involved soon.

I agree with a lot of this Bruce needs sacking ASAP but we seem to be down to a shortlist of 3 managers now as reported by a few media outlets Martinez, Gerrard or Emery all of which would be a massive improvement on the current "manager".

Id be happy with Emery or Gerrard at this stage, not martinez though, bloody already relegated one club from the PL, dont rate him at all as a manager. Id rather with give Graeme Jones the shot until the end of the season then Martinez. Also, why not an unemployed manager, would be quicker and easier to get them in, Fonseca, Valverde, hell, even Lampard, anyone but Bruce.

Still nothing from the new board in relation to Bruce, god almighty, what are they doing, if there was ever good enough reason to sack a manager, it was Sundays performance, despite a rocking atmosphere & a general good feeling around the club, we were comprehensively outplayed from start to finish against a fairly average spurs side. Very disappointing they haven't done anything yet.

• Advertisement
Advertisement