Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 3 - The Happyning

Comments

There's nothing better than an old person who is mentally sharp. Always such a pleasant feeling when you connect to somebody unexpectedly.

It's Friday!! In your face Flanders 🙌🤩

• Registered Users Posts: 4,145 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Uni allocated me a new tutor (nothing wrong with the one I had, but this one has more time)

Had a chat with him this am, he so gets it, listens well and happy to find the mid point between what the uni says and what I need.

TA, Finally someone who understands and doesn't think I'm tying to pull a fast one!

Not a single peep about how I don't "look" dyslexic or how I should be gobbling fish oils.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,331 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Ring offialdom to renew licences , a really helpful girl on the other end who knew her stuff. Makes it so much easier

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,426 ✭✭✭✭blade1

They may be coming to an end but to be getting days like this still is great

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I used the mywelfare.ie site for the first time. Had this sinking feeling it would be crap. Really easy to use, and they responded to my query within 24 hours.

Thinking of someone celebrating their wedding today.

I imagine they're having a great day and I'm happy for them. 😍🥳🎊🎉

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,602 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

It’s been a good day...

went to a shop to get a new mobile phone, but the new Samsung I was after was sold out and the salesperson was 99% sure they'd not be in before Christmas such is the demand worldwide, with my own phone on its last legs I really needed to get something so I chose an older less spec’d model... but when the staff member went to get my second choice he found one more of my first choice back there, sealed, wrapped and boxed etc... put it through the till scanner and happy days x2 as it was coming up 70 euros cheaper then listed....

straight to the gym where things went well, felling happy, healthy and relaxed, football on TV now, ... food ready for halftime.. right result hopefully .... and it’s been a perfect day.....

The weekend has landed. 🙌🕺

• Advertisement

Friday evening in the gym around 5 is a perfect time, nobody there, all equipment free, chilled music and quite the chilled atmosphere... no to do SFA for the weekend.

TH (kinda also a TA too 😊) that the 'backchannel' (whatever it's called) function on remote doesn't go back to any of the channels starting at 900 😂

You can't beat a Saturday night of a bank holiday weekend. 😍🙌😁

When logging in to Boards, options, I think (for cookies, I presume) are 'Agree' , 'Disagree' , and 'More Options' (not sure, but I'm not logging out and back in to clarify)

TH can click on 'Disagree' and it's fine/works (or maybe it's the same diff anyway) .. Feels like a 'win' all the same 😊

The stars tonight 🙌🌟🌟✨

Motd2 is about to start , 5 0 😀

Decided to go to the gym now, I usually don’t on bank holidays but fûck it I was bored... but I had something nagging me saying “you better check the opening hours“ so I did and it closes at 5 instead of 9.30 so saved myself the trip... and the look of embarrassment when all the staff are walking out and I’d have been trying to get in... 🙈

The joys of being able to record TV. Watching motd2 , again.

5-0 😀😀😀😀😀

That it's a short week this week. Sure it'll be the weekend again in no time. 🙌🥳

Was watching a documentary on Graham Taylor (about the 1994 WC qualifying campaign) last night...

TH that I now know that: "Do I not like that!?" means: 'No, I most certainly don't like that' 😊 Was never fully sure before!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,192 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

There's a PS4 game I wanted to play, God of War but I neither want nor have a PS4. It's coming to Steam in January so that's nice!

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

With the help of the internet and kind friends, I was able to find my neighbour's little dog. She had run off due to fireworks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,145 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Th that they hemp oil we have been giving the dog that past week worked so well, only mild alarm from the dog(didn't even move off the sofa)

He's a natural guard dog and the noises made him chase around the house to guard us from the explosions(in his mind) a few years ago the fear made him vomit.

So great to know there is a natural remedy to off set these issues.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

I got some for myself, I must start using it again. If its good enough for your dog ...........

I couldn't find any coat, and I love that coat. TH , it was safely packed in a box. Yippee . It's a kind of safety blanket for me 😄

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,418 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

I finished up Ocsober and went for a walk. I walked by a new bar I'd not been in before. Decided to go in for a pint. I ordered an Erdinger Oktober fest. Very tasty. Anyway, stiing there by myself, just plugged the phone in to charge when all of a sudden the music jumped in volume. I was surprised and then realised that a band had just started playing. And they were playing Cissy Strut by the Meters. Dope song.

Cooked a fry for dinner, sausages, b&w pudding, mushrooms, fried eggs, fried potatoes, rashers and brown bread..

was frying on medium heat, problem free, smelling delicious and then a big crack and a splash of oil up into my face, got my chin, nose and one drop caught my eyelid... I was a fûckin millisecond from fryball to eyeball and from kitchen to A&E... pure luck...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,907 ✭✭✭sporina

Dad's in hospital and his neighbour asked me if i was his granddaughter 😍

• Registered Users Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Was in the petrol station and music was playing. Well there is always music playing and I've forgotten the song already

There was a well dressed chap getting a bottle of wine and he was grooving and swinging the hips and arms along to the song by the fridge section. Maybe he has a date lined up or time with the wife, I've no idea

Dancing by yourself to music in public? Hell yeah, this guy made me TH. He is happy and doesn't care who saw it 😎

• Advertisement

I got like that one day I was in the shop and 'flash dance' came on . Bopping to myself like it was the '80's

Advertisement