Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2021/2022 Wildcard thread.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

Looks good. As mentioned Chilwell is the only question mark but he has a very high potential for a high score and like you said you have a strong bench. I have Rudiger and think I’ll switch him out for Reece James next week if he’s available and looking like he could start

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,682 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

I like it in general though as said Azpi might be a better pick than Chilwell who has Alonso for competition and the CL is back next week so there will likely be rotation. Im thinking of going Mbewmo on my own WC as his underlying numbers are very good at his price so expecting to see more from him.

Ive got Hwang in there too for now but I might find the extra money for Toney. Hwang is more of a punt than Toney who you know will play 90 minutes. Recency bias of his 2 goals scored probably convinced me to get him in but now Im thinking if he doesnt start he will likely be subbed in which could mean frustrating 1 pointers. Have you got a set formation, 3-5-2 or 3-4-3?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Luxembourgo

The big problem with Hwang is where do you go if it doesnt work. Increasingly thinking that I might either go up to Armstrong (great fixtures) or down to an Archer/Davis - which is my standard move.

On the formation - I am not really sure and its something I need to look more at today.

And finally, I agree Azpi might be a better pick, and might switch to him, but would caution against James having looked into it. Chilwell has never been subbed on in a PL game for Chelsea (which is a good thing FPL wise) - him and Alonso are like for like. James on the other hand has way more 1 point potential (as has been proven over the last few years) as both CHO and Azpi are very different footballers to him and he is a game/system changer. And I say that as a massive fan of James the footballer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,703 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Wildy active :-)

I was going to wait until next week but pulled the trigger this morning.

Main changes are in defence which had gone a bit ragged I'm recent weeks.

Not 100% yet on Jiminez, Rudiger and Saka.

Downgrading Jimmi to Hwang/Toney allows move to Greenwood/Pogba/Grealish etc.

All feedback welcome

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Ros1234

Strong 13 outfield players Cartman, you'll probably have a good few points left on the bench each week, some players don't mind having that headache though.

Maybe switch White to Duffy, better chance of attacking points as long as Duffy keeps his place, so a small risk there for more reward. I'd lose Sanchez for Ramsdale then and maybe down grade one attacker and get Raya instead of Foster, but matter of opinion really.

Really like you're attacking players, Saka (1 game where Aresnal scored more than 1 goal, 5 goals in 7 games) & Doucoure (will DCL & Ricky coming back effect his output) are probably the players you'll be moving on in a few weeks, the other attackers are really good players and central to their teams.

• Advertisement

yeah after I wrote that post I had an about turn on Hwang and got Toney in instead before his price rise last night. Ive got Mbeumo in there as well as Im positive about the outlook for Brentford. Theyve beaten Arsenal at home, put 3 past Liverpool and also beaten both Wolves and West Ham away. Which is pretty impressive for a newly promoted team, they have no fear about them and are looking like this seasons Sheffield. It'll be interesting to see how they get on v Chelsea this weekend.

Anyone got any ideas of a Veltman replacement or whether to replace him at all? I have Sanchez so was thinking of getting away from the double Brighton defence though part of me is feeling its just thinking the grass is greener elsewhere when it might not be. I already hold Livra as the other cheap defender.

Yeah the more I think the closer I am to welcoming K. Davis back to my team.

Looking at trying to squeeze in TAA, Son, Salah and Lukaku and its not too bad

Ramsdale, Foster

TAA, Cancelo, Christensen, Duffy, Livermento

Son, Raphina, Salah, Saka, Mbeumo

Antonio, Lukaku, Davis

Might downgrade Saka and upgrade Christensen, need to get the planner out

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

My big at the back build…any thoughts? I’ve 0.3 in the bank.

Go for it, looks good. Arguably too atrong a bench given you have gone mostly for the safe players at the back

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭rekluse

Looks good but would Townsend not be a better pick than doucore feels like he has a higher points ceiling and is cheaper.

• Advertisement

Might he miss out with Richarlison and DCL back?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,701 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Down to the below choices, still unsure if Son is needed but opinions welcome

Son, ESR, Brownhill, Williams

Grealish, Saka, Sissoko, Duffy

I like it and my own WC team is similar except just two Chelsea defenders and 1 City rather than 2+2. Only thing Id say is to have a plan of how you can get TAA back in if it becomes necessary. Im still unsure of whether or not to go without him but was thinking it will only take one big haul from him and suddenly I might have to do two transfers to get him back. So Im leaning towards keeping him on the WC now that we know he is back from injury and will play v Watford.

Anyone got a spare 0.5m?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭markc91

Latest Draft:

Mendy (Foster)

Gabriel Dias Cancelo Semedo (Duffy)

Grealish Salah Sarr Townsend (Raphinha)

Ronaldo Maupay (Davis)

Getting close to what I want now I think!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,703 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Nearly there now I think...

Gone: Saka, Doucoure, Jiminez

In: Spacecraft, Foden/Grealish, Hwang

Wanted Jimmi but I reckon himself and Hwang will be sharing points if the last couple of GWs are anything to go by

Spacecraft in form and prob higher points ceiling that Doucoure.

Foden/Grealish and undoubted rotation risks but the upside is worth it imho

Leaves 0.4m ITB too so Rudiger can become Azpi if needs be

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Currently on this.

Still a bit unsure on Foden and Antonio.

Fairly set on most of my team

Ramsdale/Foster

TAA/Cancelo/Azpi/Duffy/Livramento

Salah/Saka/Foden/Townsend/Sissoko

Lukaku/Antonio/Toney

My main choices are

Foden or Grealish, think Foden has more potential but Grealish will probably play more

Townsend/Toney vs Raphinia/Hwang, really want Raphinia but Hwang is diffucult to upgrade if he loses form/place so the first option seems safer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,775 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Who is Spacecraft?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,009 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭student7890

Currently on this team, with 4m ITB

Looking for balance with enough spare cash to upgrade to TAA in a few weeks. Double everton gives me anxiety but still they're in form, playing and striving..

I welcome comments

Beam me up Scotty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,290 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Looks good and non templatey but I would be wary of double Brentford and double Everton attack.

Pick one of each and spread your money IMO. Toney prob the better pick for Brentford, I would prefer Townsend at Everton.

Going without Lukaku is a no go.

Downgrade a GK to Foster and ditch double Everton

Going to wait till next week (or tomorrow morning) to WC

Don't mind United vs Leicester and its one more week of data/less headaches (Raphina)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Don't agree. I may end up with him, but he's far from 'essential'.

If I go Vardy instead it gives me the option of Son in midfield. Seriously tempted by it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Opinions welcome:

Ramsdale, Foster

TAA, Cancelo, Chilwell, Duffy, Livramento

Salah, Son, Raphinha, Doucoure(or Townsend), Smith Rowe

Vardy, Saint Maximin, Toney.

0.2m ITB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,772 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

I would agree with this, but I would say Lukaku is the same as TAA really (cost being the only real difference), so while people say Lukaka isn't performing and hence not essential, they will still keep TAA despite the same logic really.

Over the next four games I think it’s very important to have him.

We shall see I guess.

Lukaku, Antonio and Foden for me, Vardy, Saint Maximin and Son for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

May as well lob my own in. I'm actively laying Chelsea. This may change rapidly after one week but I've the money in the bank for that.

Meslier Foster

TAA Cancelo White Konsa Livramento

Salah Raphinha Townsend Mbuemo Brownhill

Vardy Antonio Jimenez

Advertisement