Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 3) Mod Notes and Threadbanned List in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭dudley72

Guess why people repeat it? It is a SF thread and the answer to everything is deflect to FF/FG

Whataboutery

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭CDarby

Afternoon Brendan Bendar, just on this taking responsibility lark, I seem to recall you and I exchanging posts a while ago where you seemed to make a prediction about a certain politician in Dáil Éireann, (Matt Carthy to be precise) who was about to find himself in a spot of bother because he used Dáil Privilege to name another certain politician (Simon Harris) as the victim of a fairly high tech, well organised Fine Gael "sting".

How's that going do you know?

As far as I can see, Harris has never made that complaint (despite "seriously considering" doing so), nor has he made any effort to correct the Dáil record, and Carthys still a TD in the same party he was when he named Harris as the leaker.

Do you think Brendan Bendar, in hindsight, that your post aged well so to speak?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,474 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Hmmmm …you weren’t listening to MI this morning then…….hasn’t gone away you know..

• Registered Users Posts: 27,888 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Apparently, according to Harris' interview this morning on radio, it is not dead. He is awaiting correspondence from the Ceann Comhairle, but he did make the point that he wasn't wasting too much time on nutcases like Carthy (the last bit is a bit of poetic licence).

• Registered Users Posts: 27,888 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

I hope he sues. The defendants' solicitors would be right to seek discovery of all his emails and internet activity to show whether or not he posted stuff like that. Because if he did, then there would be no libel, because there would be no damage to reputation.

It would make for an interesting case.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭BackOfMyBag

could swear youre in the thread about zappone ( and others ) banging on about gdpr any time theres a hint of mentioning varadkar, coveney or zappones emails being published !

nice to see you have seen the light 💡

The boy Darby needs to keep up…… issue was discussed this very morning and yet he seems to feel the need to drag it up here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,607 ✭✭✭Fionn1952

One would imagine a legal team receiving privileged access for the sake of defending a libel case differs significantly enough from publicly publishing that the difference wouldn't need highlighting.

I'm saying that while fully believing that the FF person in question may have received a nasty email, jumped the gun to engage in petty smearing online, then swiftly received a call informing them the email could be from absolutely anyone and if they can't convincingly link it to SF, delete it and hope it all just goes away.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭BackOfMyBag

hang on a minute here , if it " was discussed this morning " wouldnt that be the exact reason it was " dragged up " here as this forum is current affairs lol ?

from were im sitting , it looks like nothing more than you bein a bit uncomfortable with him reminding you of your stupid post , which all things considered , this one can be considered one to hahaha !

Oh I most definitely was listening alright, it's what prompted me to ask the bloody question for Gods sake! (Captain Obvious has nothing on you)

It's a full month to the day, since Harris was named as the leaker, and Harris was "considering very strongly" making his complaint. He popped up on the radio this morning, and he still hasn't made the complaint, nor has he got the Dáil record corrected.

A full month later...... You seem to be a bit "irate" at me reminding you of your earlier post, and Simon's earlier statements, despite him being on the radio this morning and so far doing neither or.

Odd behaviour I must say.

• Advertisement

The really odd behaviour is that Minister Harris gave the reason, yet you still try to drag the issue up.

You need to get your ducks in a row, a chara.

You may need to have a read of my post again "a chara"

As far as I can see, Harris has never made that complaint (despite "seriously considering" doing so), nor has he made any effort to correct the Dáil record, and Carthys still a TD in the same party he was when he named Harris as the leaker.

Has Minister Harris made the formal complaint he was strongly considering?

Has Minister Harris had the Dail record "corrected" yet?

Does it look like Matt Carthy is in a spot of bother, and his career is "in jeopardy"?

I'll give you a hint Brendan Bendar, the answer you are looking for, for the above questions is the opposite of yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Up At Fleecies

I think there's more chance of Gerry Adams becoming the Queen's second husband before Harris gets around to doing any of that stuff, Simon seems to be on a bit of a "go slow".

Varadkar himself didn't even dispute what happened, so not likely Harris is going to risk "correcting" something that's already correct 🤣

I hear Carthy roaring and shouting in support of the ‘Night Industry’

Hmmm …just the same auld populist mantra.. to hell with the ordinary citizen.. just let John Q Taxpayer pick up the tab when things go pear shaped.

Mattie will sink back into the background and draw the big wedge….sorry … average industrial wage… same as Dessie.

You know your sell..🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 5,189 ✭✭✭Brucie Bonus

The cut-up technique (or découpé in French) is an aleatory literary technique in which a written text is cut up and rearranged to create a new text. The concept can be traced to at least the Dadaists of the 1920s, but was popularized in the late 1950s and early 1960s by writer William S. Burroughs.

Is this what you do be at?

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭BKelly21

With all due respect, do you not actually know what "the night industry" is? I'd be surprised if not, because I've heard various government ministers (and Michaél Martin) on the radio over the course of the last few weeks making similar noises.

Bar staff, entertainment industry, taxis, bus drivers, etc etc, there's a complete night industry that died somewhat with covid.

Bar staff, hospitality workers, bus drivers, taxi drivers, you couldn't really get a better example of "ordinary citizens" to be honest, and I'm not entirely sure why the tax payer would have to pick up any tab, if these workers return to work and away from claiming PUP.

I don't think your post had any thought or merits put into it other than a "dig" at a political figure you appear not to like if I'm honest. Yeah, prob should have kept that as a "thought" target than posting about it.

Populist rubbish. How they going to pay for this? we started at 140k, then to 100k, what next everyone over 60k will have to pay more tax

Haven't a breeze the lot of them. Disaster

What at this stage are ordinary citizens? it seems to change by the day depending on whatever faux outrage topic SF are on that day.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭BKelly21

Pay for what exactly? I'll admit I didn't hear Carthy on about the "night industry" but I did hear both Michaél Martin on during the week, and Eamon Ryan both on the radio (most likely newstalk as I don't have anything else on in the car is I'm not streaming music)

As I said in my previous post, both were stressing the need to get our "night industry" functioning again, Ryan in particular going on about the transport industry, and if we were striving to get people back out in the evening spending money on entertainment, that these folks would need transport home.

These people will be getting of SW (PUP etc) to go back to work in the night industry.

Can you please explain what you mean by "how are they going to pay for this"? How are they going to pay for taking people off income support and get back out working? Your post isn't making much sense to be honest.

Your points are good but a little skewed.

The point I am making is that, unfair as it may seem to be to those in the ‘ Night industry’ do we risk going against professional highly qualified medical advice and risk going into lockdown again?

Do we risk clogging the hospitals and people dying ?

Do we risk for a small coterie of folk who rightly are aggrieved to sacrifice the work and risks taken over the last 19 months and go back to the beginning?

The signs are there, the trend is not good, unfortunately , time for calm heads and common sense if we are to get anything good out of this.

Roaring and shouting like your hair is on fire is not a good reaction, just pure populism.

Like it or not we need to follow the advice of those who are QUALIFIED TO GIVE IT.

Capice?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,407 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

See O Brioin was roaring and ranting like a mad man in the Dáil again yesterday when Varadkar put it up to him.

Leo really gets in the heads of some people😊

Bizzare to people on the outside of this fascination with Varadkar, Bizzare and hilarious...

Jaysus thats some stretch. Man not even on boards addresses someone in their job and he's living in heads? You feel the need to make something of it. Seems he's living in yours.

Desperate effort.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,407 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Effort of what!! ?

The only effort I heard was Eoin shouting and had to be told numerous times to stop by the CC but wouldn't.

Wouldn't let Varadkar talk for some reason.

Think he didn't like what was been put to him.

Thought Eoin would have more diplomatic from his years in Blackrock college.

Ah well.

To repeat, you seem to be the one with people living in their head. Bringing up Leo to say people can't help bringing up Leo and using a lad doing his job not even on here to explain it.

Issues there jingles.

Not so odd when you consider that he’s been on Paternity leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,622 ✭✭✭✭downcow

Sinn Fein Deputy First Minister Michelle O'Neill has condemned the murder of Sir David Amess MP. It is exactly 40 years since the IRA murdered Rev Robert Bradford MP in identical circumstances. Many will notice that she did not and never has condemned this equally awful killing of an MP serving his constituents.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,607 ✭✭✭Fionn1952

Being four years old at the time Robert Bradford was murdered, I would've been quite surprised if there was a statement from Michelle O'Neill on it.

Not that it justified murder, but you could've picked a more sympathetic character than Bradford, who's loudly espoused anti-Catholicism certainly provided the encouragement behind a great deal of Loyalist paramilitarism and who's party were heavily associated with Loyalist paramilitaries themselves.

Now I don't know a great deal about David Amness, but I doubt he was giving speeches claiming Islam was responsible for all the problems in Britain, or associated with anti-Islamic paramilitary groups, so I wouldn't say identical circumstances.

Wasn't she talking about the hunger strikes recently? which happened the same year. So which is it?

Can't have it both ways.

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Triangle

Brucie, this is coming across like its more suited to the CT forum.

In your mind, who caused the housing crisis that now need councils to stop them profiting by building more houses?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Up At Fleecies

Talking of conspiracy theories, look at this donkey on the tweeting machine who reckons (weekly) that Oliver Callan is a "Sinn Fein shill"

Even the well known satire acc "Dr Harold" mocking the buffoon 🤣

Advertisement