Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part XII *Read OP For Mod Warnings*

Options

Comments

Well really, no, you're incorrect. It's due to the Government allowing medical professionals to dictate how a country is ran which suits the government so they have someone to blame if something goes wrong.

I heard some professor on matt cooper yesterday and the vile and hatred towards unvaccinated people and it was absolutely shocking that this line of dangerous hate speech can go unchallenged, if it was someone not vaccinated they would be branded extreme right wing.

It's shocking that people like that are allowed to be professors in universities, what in Gods name is that Man teaching students ?

The Government so called health professionals though this magic vaccine would eliminate the virus yet the vaccinated are spreading the vaccine as much as ever yet the unvaccinated are branded as the disease carriers and they're creating mutations, ffs do they think we're all idiots, lets be honest, it didn't turn out the way they wanted so now they're trying to blame the unvaccinated, it's wrong, one day we'll look back and say my God, how did all that ever happen, the whole lot of it. People are now getting a bit p1ssed that they still need passports and that there's still restrictions and the agenda now is to blame the unvaccinated not the so called professionals who promised the vaccine was going to fix this nonsense. People are p1ssed that they got the vaccine and are still carriers or potential carriers, the virus is still there...........

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Parachutes

any objections to my posts or just making snide comments…?

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Nyero

And the next excuse will be its 6 months since people got the vaccine and its not effective enough.

Then a lot of people will be refusing a booster and lynch mob will be after them.

And still there will be lads washing the hands singing happy birthday because Tony told them to.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,356 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Tony back to work on Monday, what are the chances he pulls a similar trick to 12 months ago?

NPHET were never letting this go without a fight and it's down to dickless leadership from MM and co.

You mean drew "ignoring 3000 domestic battery calls" Harris?

Here's a typical sample of people exploiting this to their own ends. The gardai were given notice yesterday that the ombudsman agency will seek to override them for investigation of the back of a slew of controversies, google it..

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/courtandcrime/arid-40720563.html

This has cause uproar which is ironic because they are powers similar to those given to the gardai for covid. This agency can come in and take computers, make arrests and all sorts of uncomfortable things. The Gardaí will be the least of anyones worries if this goes ahead. So I'd imagine as they were no big fans of enforcing covid, they certainly wont be until this is put to bed...

oh the irony

If An Garda Síochána were given these sweeping unfettered powers, NGOs and the civil liberties groups would quite rightly be up in arms over it. And there’s no level of oversight in relation to these new powers being granted for these bodies.”

!

• Advertisement

Most of the journalists are bought and paid for like many media outlets, the Government included and the politicians, all big corporations etc, he who pays the piper calls the tune, Ireland.INC.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,680 ✭✭✭CorkRed93

sounds like VFI/LVI/restaurants are on board with passes once they can reopen to full capacity. if MM has any sense this is as bad as the announcement gets on tues. pubs/clubs/hotels all given weeks of notice this was the big reopening weekend. pulling back so late in the day will be a disaster given 90% of pop is jabbed. I honestly despair if we cant open up further given the state of play now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭bokale

Which ones are annoying you most? I wouldn't rule them out lifting them for the vaccinated anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭darconio

Trieste port this morning, followed by all the main ports in Italy + protest and strike in all the main cities

• Registered Users Posts: 9,050 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

No, but he should have a better idea than the foreign affairs minister

Of course it's happening all over the country, and that would be fine if the basics were being followed... I can't remember the last time i saw somebody sanitize their hands at the entrance to a shop, although to be fair to people the dispensers are usually empty

Honestly I think if the basics are followed it would make a huge difference

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,680 ✭✭✭CorkRed93

full capacity at games + indoor events. also rules around use of dressing rooms at grassroots level, we are still changing in cars ffs. hoping for the best but not too confident. have a friends wedding next weekend cancelled 3 times already. hes in limbo now waiting until tuesday as to whether he has to uninvite people. just completely ridiculous given promises made weeks and weeks ago.

boosters they will think next, then after that, oh they have altered the vaccine, you really should take this one now we promise it's better, then it won't be and then oh but you need another booster.

Seriously though if we are to move on from this People must stop getting tested, while I am aware covid can be serious for a lot of people with compromised immune systems, the majority of People won't suffer any more than a flu vaccine or not, and these people are already vaccinated but sadly a lot of them still die as I've seen myself, mostly the elderly with conditions but these are the People the vaccine was supposed to protect the most and then anyone else that wanted the vaccine got it but I suspect the majority of people were just scared silly not to get it but it's now well proven it's not all it was promised.

But we really need People to stop getting tested because it's not the unvaccinated keeping this madness going it's all those who sneeze running out getting tested, it's madness.

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭PintOfView

Care to hazard a guess how many people are alive today because you're not the CMO?

You're talking like NPHET are bent on doing harm to the country, instead of steering us without a major disaster through this morass, with much better results than many other countries such as the US, Brazil, etc.

If as a country, we lived with the threat of one day being invaded by britain, we'd have an army.

A good, fit for purpose, trained, well funded army..always in the knowledge that we may be invaded, so it we fail to prepare, we prepare to fail and all that.

if we didn't invest and didn't train and didn't retain the experts, the equipment and the supplies and by god the day came..is it mine? penfailds? rainds? responsibility to take up a post because the politicians blew our taxes on vanity project hospitals, super junior ministers and LGBTQ envoys (until they were rumbled)??

People have likened this to war and though it might sound far fetched, it draws similarities. The very people who had notice after notice after notice, ignored it, kicked the can or passed the poison chalice down the line. so now it's not theirs but the unvaccinated who hold the blame.

Tis just exposed the HSE for what it is, beurocrats, gravy train riders and snouts. Imagine our fate is in the hands of a COMPANY who dragged sick women to court..who refuse to share data and share a room with any other contra scientists..those that have on occasion have been found out, "snake oil".

The HSE has seen huge names walk away from the table in slainte care, why?? because they have no intention of changing or derailing the gravy train.

It's shocking that this is what leads us now, for no better and to worse.

I think it's the people in the hospital keeping it going.

A good few of them are vaccinated though but the "alarming" number of cases wouldn't be so alarming if People weren't getting tested but I suppose it just shows the vaccine didn't eliminate the virus or prove as effective as they thought it would so now what ?

I think they should have just concentrated on vaccinating at risk people.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,050 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Likewise those who are too sick to recover at home should refuse hospital treatment

Our hospital numbers then would drop pretty quickly

The cases would not be "alarming" if they didn't result in hospitalisations. And the unvaccinated are disproportionately ending up there.

Not sure what is wrong with admitting that the unvaccinated are currently a risk to our health system.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭floorpie

And the unvaccinated are disproportionately ending up there.

The proportion is irrelevant. ICU/hospital capacity is fixed regardless of the proportion of vaccinated/unvaccinated in the population, and the number of just vaccinated people in hospital/ICU is already too high relative to capacity. The issue is Delta, a false belief that vaccination makes you invulnerable, and hospital capacity.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,196 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

So who are we keeping out by keeping this charade of vaccine papers in place? The miniscule number of adults who are unvaccinated and who haven't had Covid in the last 6 months. That's basically it.

• Advertisement

Well I would never exclude a human being from medical treatment because they made a decision good or bad, it's unethical + they're most likely paying for it either through taxation or health plan, out health care system is bad through decades of bad decisions made by Government and so called health professionals, these same professionals shutting down the country ? get up there outa that!

Should we exclude Drug addicts or those who get p1ssed at the weekends from getting medical assistance, where does it end, if someone is injured and the cause of a car accident should they not be allowed into hospitals ? Remember, treat others as you would like to be treated, because it's the right thing to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

I can't imagine being the type of venomous nutjob who wishes death on people who do something they don't agree with. Just goes to show, humans will never change, we love a good scapegoat/sacrificial lamb.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,437 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Its even less than that.

For example that miniscule number of unvaccinated adults also includes pregnant women as well as already sick and immunocompromised people like cancer sufferers. In other words, not exactly a cohort that will be jamming pubs and clubs every weekend.

Covid passports are a sham that don't pass any smell test. When a poster can say with a straight face that they aren't a problem because nobody will check them anyway then that tells you a lot.

See a lot of vaccinated People think unvaccinated are less than human but these people are Mothers/Fathers/Sons/Daughters/ and I'm sure they wouldn't want their loved ones treated worse than animals so why should others endure it ? I always try to ask myself, would I like this done to me ? if not then why is it good for someone else ?

Classic move from the government and NPHET this week. Place the blame for potentially extended restrictions on the "unvaccinated" to keep the spotlight away from themselves. And as we can see in this thread, plenty of people are more than happy to go along with it.

Is there a date set for the announcement regarding the 22nd?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭bloopy

I can because I have met them.

Usually quite proud of how empathetic and rational they are.

Cabinet are meeting on Tuesday, but expect it to be leaked before then.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,356 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Same people will be front and central for every popular social justice pile on..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 mammychicken

This is the nub of the situation since day one well said poster, wish this was on every tv, bus, and wall of every town and village in Ireland, thank you

Advertisement