Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Sugar-coated Fat-filled Krispy Kreme Thread!

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

The novelty has worn off and it has the same manageable bustle as any other cafe or donut shop now. Like with the bread panic during the snow last year, social media created something out of nothing to generate the hype. As a nation, it seems we'd rather suffer death than FOMO.

Saying that, can they now get rid of the barriers and restrictions that have consumed a fair chunk of that car park between KK and TGIFridays?!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭DoozerT6

ongarboy wrote: »

Saying that, can they now get rid of the barriers and restrictions that have consumed a fair chunk of that car park between KK and TGIFridays?!!

All the barriers seem to be gone now thankfully. It seems like they're no longer needed, the original short drive-thru lane leading in from the car park seems to be enough, now that we're past peak doughnut.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,102 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Krispy Kreme released accounts and it shows the Dublin store is the most profitable in the world. €300k a week in revenue :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭radharc

rob316 wrote: »
    Krispy Kreme released accounts and it shows the Dublin store is the most profitable in the world. €300k a week in revenue :eek:

That was from Sep to Dec, I’d say it has reduced by maybe 75% these days?? Still a lot of dough...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,102 ✭✭✭✭rob316

radharc wrote: »
    That was from Sep to Dec, I’d say it has reduced by maybe 75% these days?? Still a lot of dough...

Still performing strong they say, might off dropped off a bit. Sure the IKEA store in Ballymun is in their Top 10 stores in the world aswell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,866 ✭✭✭ozmo

rob316 wrote: »
    Still performing strong they say, might off dropped off a bit. Sure the IKEA store in Ballymun is in their Top 10 stores in the world aswell.

Dominoes Pizza in Tallaght is the top 10 worldwide for that chain - used to be Number 1 and might still be...

Always wondered why they never opened a real Apple Store here. They would have done so well.

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭Nijmegen

ozmo wrote: »

Always wondered why they never opened a real Apple Store here. They would have done so well.

It would create more substance in the market for tax purposes. Same reason there isn't an Amazon.ie despite them being AnPost's biggest supplier of packages.

As for discretionary spend outlets doing very well in Ireland, it's a real sorbet to cleanse the palate of BS we listen to about the entire country being shagged endlessly troped around by the usual suspects. Yeah spending our cash on Dominos and Krispy Kreme is unhealthy, but it sure does (taken together) point to a lot of disposable income floating around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

There used to be lots of Apple resellers in Dublin in the 90s anyway. All gone now. More recently there was one in Blanch center also now gone.

Which suggests none of them were viable in the long run at least in the high street.

beauf wrote: »
    There used to be lots of Apple resellers in Dublin in the 90s anyway. All gone now..

Resellers are very different experience to an Apple store. There lots of resellers - but
    Eg. I wanted buy an unlocked phone and compube or pcworld couldnt selll me one. Europen headquarters here but not one shop in all Ireland!
    I think they have missed the boat though most people i know have gone android- their lack of presence here Im sure didnt help.

“Roll it back”

I really doubt a shop is going to make any difference to their sales here...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Mod Back to doughnuts please folks.

--
    Speaking of which there was a crazy queue for the drive through last night about 7pm. My friend reckoned it was for their new KitKat doughnut - surely not?

There was a queue at it last Sunday when I passed. I'm still a bit baffled by the interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

There was a queue at it last Sunday when I passed. I'm still a bit baffled by the interest.

Depending on when you were there, that might have been because they were giving away free boxes and launching new doughnuts. I agree with you though, it’s all a bit bizarre.

I twas told queues form when they turn on the red part of their main sign- means they just made a new batch and the donets are hot I think.

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users Posts: 15,987 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

In fairness they are very tasty when you get a hot one, melt in the mouth stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭daymobrew

I twas told queues form when they turn on the red part of their main sign- means they just made a new batch and the donets are hot I think.
    Mmm. Their Original Glazed seem to be constantly coming off the conveyor belt so the light would be constantly on.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

• Registered Users Posts: 24,073 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

They're super popular because they're the only store in the Country, so far. Its a bit of a destination in itself.

But I don't know why, personally I think as doughnuts go, they are awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭accensi0n

Where's best these days? Havn't been mad about donuts since Dunk'n Donuts and 911 (UCD).

• Registered Users Posts: 24,073 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

I dislike all American style doughnuts personally, I stick with an occasional indulgence of Superquinn style jam or custard doughnuts from Super Valu.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭LorelaiG

We know. You've repeated it ad nauseum over the last number of years.

To answer the question asked. Off beat is superior to KK in my opinion.

I agree if I was getting donuts in Blanchardstown I'd go to Off Beat before I'd go to Krispy Kreme too.

Advertisement