Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone charging me wrong broadband price?

Options
  • 16-10-2021 2:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭

Edit: Mods, please close. I think I'm just an idiot that read the bill incorrectly.

Hi all,

I moved last month and signed up to Vodafone Broadband as a new customer. I am 99% sure that the price advertised on the website was €30 a month for the first 12 months. About a week after I bought it my modem still hadn't arrived so I contacted their customer service team on Twitter. They sent me out a new one very quickly and as an apology they said they would give me my first month free. I have to say the person I dealt with was extremely helpful and very nice.

Fast forward to a few days ago, I got my first bill. It showed a deduction of €30, which is the free month they said they'd give me, but it also said the normal monthly price is €40 per month. I was a bit confused so I logged in to the Vodafone website and checked My Records, where the contracts and letters are. I will hold my hands up and admit I did not read them when they were originally sent, so that is 100% my own fault. However, they are still advertising the offer for all new customers to get it at €30 per month for the first 12 months, with it ending October 17th.

Do I have any recourse for this? I have absolutely no proof whatsoever that it was originally advertised at €30 per month when I went to buy it, and I can't seem to find a start date on the offer they're currently advertising on the website. If I could find that then that could potentially be evidence. What has me curious though is, if the monthly bill was indeed €40 and they said they'd give me the first month free then why did they only deduct €30 instead of €40? If it wasn't for that I'd just write it off as me misremembering the original offer.

Thanks for any advice that can be given.

Post edited by Jafin on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,976 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Maybe when they are saying on the bill "it should be €40" they are just stating this as fact and apply the special offer discount on bills, for example I'm on a discount offer with another network, bill states what full price is, but there's a discount noted of xyz and actual bill is minus the discount. Because you've a credit applied due to delays its a little confusing.

If the price was advertised at €30 during the time you signed up, that applies to everyone subject to whater T&C's are applicable. Ids get in touch ASAP to clarify what you'll be being and if not satisfied you may be within a period you can cancel ( can be 14 to 28 days) but again each provider has their own cancellation policies.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Jafin

Thanks for the quick reply! I just had another look at the bill before coming back to the thread and I think I did indeed read it all incorrectly. I signed up in the middle of the month, and the bill itself was including all charges for basically half of September and the full month of October and then did all the deductions at the end. I did see one discount of -€10 for new customers and then further down there was a second discount of -€10 for signing up online.

Seems like I completely misread the bill and jumped the gun on this. I feel like an idiot now. If it had been a normal full month bill I probably would have understood it, but the half month charges made everything look a bit off.

Either way, I'm past the cooling off period anyway so that wouldn't have made a difference. I'll see what next month's bill says and that way I'll know for sure.

Thanks again for the reply, I appreciate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,976 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Never feel like an idiot when it comes to money 💰 😒

I reckon it's fine and discount will be applied, good luck 👍

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

Advertisement