Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Opel Corsa-e

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭sekond

It was, apparently, a set up issue. The car is now charging and will be returned to me fully charged tomorrow. Apparently they only have a slow charger available for that car - their fast chargers are ChaDeMo only.:confused:

I feel like I've been a bit of a guinea pig for the dealer.

A final update. Turns out it had been left in "transport mode". I got the car back this morning, and the person who delivered it drives an electric car himself so gave me a few tips. Spent the day driving around and getting used to it. I still have over 200km range, and today was a relatively heavy days driving for me so it will be a while before I need to charge.

I'm really really pleased with it. It's beautiful to drive, very comfortable.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭Jimjay

sekond wrote: »
    A final update. Turns out it had been left in "transport mode". I got the car back this morning, and the person who delivered it drives an electric car himself so gave me a few tips. Spent the day driving around and getting used to it. I still have over 200km range, and today was a relatively heavy days driving for me so it will be a while before I need to charge.

I'm really really pleased with it. It's beautiful to drive, very comfortable.

Glad you got it sorted. Im in wicklow too and waiting on mine from the local wicklow town opel dealer. I presume thats not where you got yours as they dont sell other electric cars.

Btw how long did it take to get your car? Did it take long for the grant? Have you got your charger installation booked in? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭richardsheil

Are these the beautiful German engineered Corsas that are a copy of the French 208?

Hate those ads. Hope the car is great though

Jimjay wrote: »
    Glad you got it sorted. Im in wicklow too and waiting on mine from the local wicklow town opel dealer. I presume thats not where you got yours as they dont sell other electric cars.

Btw how long did it take to get your car? Did it take long for the grant? Have you got your charger installation booked in? Thanks

Missed this originally - car took about a week and a half, delayed by the grant that the dealer had to get sorted before it could be registered - car itself was available within 4 days (but without the mats, still waiting for those!).

Charger grant letter of offer arrived in 48 hours. Very speedy, but still waiting on installation. After my 3rd call to them today I've been told they will probably install it next week, and they will call on Monday to confirm. I'm not holding my breath!

Did you get your car yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,454 ✭✭✭Markcheese

Are these the beautiful German engineered Corsas that are a copy of the French 208?

Hate those ads. Hope the car is great though

Don't worry , the guts are chinese ...

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Have to say I drove one of these on an extended test drive last weekend and Im quite impressed.
    Range when fully charged on dash 310km. Real life I would have said I got close to 250 km over the weekend on a single charge.. I really liked the interface and it will move when it wants. Quite comfortable to drive even on a long journey.
    Great fun in sports mode :)

Really solid drive and feels stuck to the road almost like driving a go-kart due to the low centre of gravity.

The bad?
    No granny charger with it so I had to depend on public charging points. Opel haven't brought in granny chargers yet.

***Disclaimer - I do work in an Opel dealer***

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Have to say I drove one of these on an extended test drive last weekend and Im quite impressed.
    Range when fully charged on dash 310km. Real life I would have said I got close to 250 km over the weekend on a single charge.. I really liked the interface and it will move when it wants. Quite comfortable to drive even on a long journey.
    Great fun in sports mode :)

Really solid drive and feels stuck to the road almost like driving a go-kart due to the low centre of gravity.

The bad?
    No granny charger with it so I had to depend on public charging points. Opel haven't brought in granny chargers yet.

***Disclaimer - I do work in an Opel dealer***

Mine is perfect for commute to work (50km - 25 each way). Im getting 6 trips - I could get 7 but would be watching the GOM all the way home on the 7th. Looking at the kw/100km for a full charge im guessing I could get 360km if I dare go to 0%.

Did a staycation with 195km motorway drive. got an average of 18.5kwh/100KM which is a motorway range of 240KM. I could have slowed down a bit and got more, im sure.
    Obviously this will change a bit in winter too.

im still waiting on the free smart charger from Opel - which has been a pain the ass the arrange (via Energia) apparently being installed this week - won't hold my breath.

I bought a 10m granny charger from Screwfix so using that at the mo)

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Conba

I sat into one of these on Monday and I'm just wondering why I'm not seeing more interest in this car on these forums? Why is the ID.3 forum on fire right now with barely a flicker in this? I realize the ID.3 is much nicer looking, both inside and out. But the Corsa-e seems to offer some of the best value in EVs right now, no? Or am I missing something?

there will be no great marketing effort for this car or the Peugeot beyond not giving the impression that PSA is a maker of fossil fuel dinosaurs.
    They have 8 to 9 month waiting lists for production.
    e208 petrol has 12 week build wait while electric version had almost 8 month wait list. corsa-e had 7 months when I was inquiring.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Conba wrote: »
    I sat into one of these on Monday and I'm just wondering why I'm not seeing more interest in this car on these forums? Why is the ID.3 forum on fire right now with barely a flicker in this? I realize the ID.3 is much nicer looking, both inside and out. But the Corsa-e seems to offer some of the best value in EVs right now, no? Or am I missing something?

I think the Corsa-e is great value for what you get, but as a car it's not that exciting. I've always seen Opel's as the car your friend who doesn't talk about cars buys.
    there will be no great marketing effort for this car or the Peugeot beyond not giving the impression that PSA is a maker of fossil fuel dinosaurs.
    e208 petrol has 12 week build wait while electric version had almost 8 month wait list. corsa-e had 7 months when I was inquiring.

To clarify, is this in Germany, when I looked at the e208 here, it was pretty much a case of order and it would be on the next boat.

liamog wrote: »
    I think the Corsa-e is great value for what you get, but as a car it's not that exciting. I've always seen Opel's as the car your friend who doesn't talk about cars buys.

To clarify, is this in Germany, when I looked at the e208 here, it was pretty much a case of order and it would be on the next boat.
    Yes but they are coming from the same factories in Slovakia and Spain with sub-assemblies for the electric drivetrain coming from Italy which were affected by corona outbreak.
    For e208 they're giving our company 29% discount on similar petrol and only 12% on electric.
    For Corsa the difference is 23% and 12% for similar level Petrols and EVs.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Yes but they are coming from the same factories in Slovakia and Spain with sub-assemblies for the electric drivetrain coming from Italy which were affected by corona outbreak.
    For e208 they're giving our company 29% discount on similar petrol and only 12% on electric.
    For Corsa the difference is 23% and 12% for similar level Petrols and EVs.

Can you make it clear when you are talking about availability of any car that it applies to your home market which is not Ireland. We often find differences here due to us using RHD vehicles and differences in how many vehicles the importer has ordered.
    A good example was the Ioniq in 2017. It was almost impossible to get in the UK with it's 18 month waiting list, but for some reason Ireland had a steady supply so our waiting lists were only around 3-6 months.

I waited a grand total of a week and a half for mine. Most of that was waiting for the grant approval.

But liamog's assessment is probably true, it's not an exciting car and I'm most definitely "your friend who doesn't talk about cars", but a month later, I adore it. It's a lovely car to drive, it is the perfect size for me, the range is great for my purposes, and it may have turned me into someone who talks about cars...

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,033 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

liamog wrote: »
    Can you make it clear when you are talking about availability of any car that it applies to your home market which is not Ireland. We often find differences here due to us using RHD vehicles and differences in how many vehicles the importer has ordered.
    A good example was the Ioniq in 2017. It was almost impossible to get in the UK with it's 18 month waiting list, but for some reason Ireland had a steady supply so our waiting lists were only around 3-6 months.

Same with the E Niro with massive waits (and still massive waits) in the uk

I ordered in mid novemeber and could have picked up one that january, but waited for the second edition in march. i think the wait here now for a new one is fairly short.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Casati

The range calculator they have is very useful for getting a good understanding of how speed and temperature impacts range, fair play to them for showing this rather than just talking the headline 335km

At 5 degrees driving at 120kmph the range drops to 172km - almost 50% of the WLTP range. Note sure if this drop is the same for most EV’s but it’s quite a drop

When i bought mine dealer said there was plenty of stock delivered to ireland and could choose any colour. Think also in ireland (and uk) its only available in two specs with no options where as in europe its lower spec and everything is an option so takes longer.

Its funny, i think its a great looking car (better in some colours than others). Before mine arrived my friends were asking why i bought a corsa and when it came they were like oh yeah its really nice looking car.

It shifts too :-) i part chopped a year old a class merc. I miss the quality and interior but it was very under powered.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭mike_2009

Anyone who bought the Corsa e got any initial thoughts on it? Is the charging and app reliable? Any Pros/Cons after owning one for a while?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭cannco253

I saw my first Corsa e today. Looks great in red, had a quick chat with the owner and he was delighted with it.

Our nearest 6 bay charging place is getting very busy now, especially in the last 2-3 months.....

You have 6? I only have 2! Anyway, got a home charger during the week and have the Corsa-E just over two weeks now and going strong!! Put 38kW into it one night which is as much as my house uses in 1/2 a week!!!! It's working out well, stable to drive and glad I purchased.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Patmwgs

I am thinking of purchasing the electric corsa, i would appreciate all your experiences on them thus far.
    Thanks

It feels considerably less special than the Peugeot e-208 which is the same car underneath. If you can find a good driving position (which will take a few minutes of adjustment of seat height/recline, steering wheel reach/rake) in the e-208 then that will be the better car. Learning the Peugeot controls will take a day or two.
    Multiple reviewers have reported that the Corsa-e brakes are grabby and driving experience mediocre.
    If you need the space on a budget then get an ID3 45kwh or drive a hard bargain on an Ioniq/Leaf.

Thanks for the info, i will price up and compare the peugeot. the leaf or the id3 would be the preferred car, but the price is a bit much.

The hp on the peugeot is 4.9 apr alot steeper than the corsa.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭who_ru

Mokka e looks a good option.

There are good reviews on the Mokka 3 - more refined drive. Higher sitting position. Shop around and see what's the best deal you can get. I was about to go for the ID.3 but the financing was terrible compared to the fossil fuel cars they were selling right beside it! Service interval on my corsa-e is 2 years or 25K, Peugeot is yearly. I just didn't like the interior of it though but the ride from what I recall was better.

I've had mine for 9 months now and I still love it. Its a good looking car, the range and handling is perfect for me. My husband, who would be more of a car person than me constantly finds reasons to take my car instead of his, and loves how zippy it is from a standing start.

After 9 months I only have 2 tiny complaints. The app is pretty rubbish (but then I don't use it much anyway) and the seat belt doesn't have an adjuster - which for most people probably isn't an issue, but for a short curvy woman who shares a car with a tall man, means there is a lot of seat adjusting to get it to sit right.

I'd buy it again in a heartbeat.

mike_2009 wrote: »
    There are good reviews on the Mokka 3 - more refined drive. Higher sitting position. Shop around and see what's the best deal you can get. I was about to go for the ID.3 but the financing was terrible compared to the fossil fuel cars they were selling right beside it! Service interval on my corsa-e is 2 years or 25K, Peugeot is yearly. I just didn't like the interior of it though but the ride from what I recall was better.
    Peugeot e208 service interval elsewhere is after 1 year/12500km then every 2 years/25000km.

Those service intervals are taking the p1ss. Can't see how mileage has any impact, the only thing really needed after 2 years is replacing the brake fluid.

My BMW i3 is every 2 years regardless of mileage and it's even got the Rex.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,315 ✭✭✭CH3OH

The search is poor on the site.

This is the only thread that I can find on the E Corsa.

Just wondering if any owners can share an update as to how they are getting on with the car.

Considering taking the plunge on a 20 reg

Thanks

Advertisement