Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connacht Team Talk Thread VI - Some like it TOH

Options

Comments

Our block that resulted in Prendergast running through also looked a suspect call. The block looked ok and the ball then seemed to come off a Munster player rather than Prendergast rather, only got one look at it on camera though would love to see it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,341 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Looks like a serious injury for Prendergast. Hard to see what happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

Great half from Boyle so far. Prendergast down is a worry, he's been an absolute workhorse.

Tough sledging into this wind now. Can’t afford to throw away our own lineouts like that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Really odd try, but well taken. What were Munster at.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

Jack enjoyed that one

Sickening defeat especially considering the 7 points Munster were gifted by the match officials.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,498 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Connacht made silly mistakes too.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Given it looked to be reviewed in slow motion, that's one of the single worst decisions I've seen since the introduction of the TMO in this league. Connacht had a try ruled out minutes before where the correct logic was applied i.e. look at the line and the position of the relevant players.

Munster were the better team, for me....but that was an incredible decision. There's no defending it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,106 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭SqueakyKneecap

Carty was fantastic in all fairness. He put Carberry to the sword for all the plaudits Carberry will get from the media.

Oliver was very good too. Could see how up for it he was.

That Cloete try was poor officiating not to check it properly. Was Frank Murphy not a touch judge too?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭ClanofLams

Much better performance, unlucky not to win. Need to get a level of consistency though, it's ridiculous to go from performance against Dragons to that tonight.

Standard of refereeing isn't good enough in the league. It's an utterly ridiculous mistake to give that try. Frank Murphy shouldn't be involved in Connacht games.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,701 ✭✭✭clsmooth

Can feel very hard done by that non-call before half-time. Shocking that it wasn’t picked up as they seem to check most tries these days to ensure grounding and nothing obvious missed in build up.

Will Carty be selected for Ireland after that performance? Probably not.

Does he deserve to be? Yeah.

Hard to blame the ref. He obviously didn’t see it. Outrageously bad from the TMO though. It wasn’t even a difficult spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭TomsOnTheRoof

As clearcut as you can get to be honest. I genuinely thought that we were going to have it disallowed when Cloete got the ball down. It was obvious on first viewing and the replays had me waiting for it to be called back. Terrible officiating. Unlucky lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭KBurke85

But on last weeks performance does he deserve to be no. The problem with Jack as a player and Connacht as a team is consistency.

Early days but the maul defence does seem improved so far this season.

On the debit side the restarts against Munster might have cost us the game along with the TMO decision. They were awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Tommybojangles

I love Jack but A few nice touches doesn't make up for his woeful performance last week and missing that simple kick. He's a fine player but just doesn't belong at test level.

Then again I'm a negative pric 😆 heading out for a few in Limerick now. Any suggestions for where there might be a few connacht fans?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭xavier8228

I’m actually livid about the try being allowed. Everyone watching it collectively said it was offside and the replay showed it plain as day. It wasn’t a close call - it was clear. There was other things missed by the tmo for both sides after that. I am raging 😡

pendergast's try looked fine, it came off his foot, terrible decision

He really hasn't been that bad in the first 3 matches, much more good than bad.

What consistency has Carbery shown other than consistent mediocrity? Likelihood is he still gets picked.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭BENDYBINN

Connaught went ahead with 8 mins to go... They lost it themselves 8

• Registered Users Posts: 6,079 ✭✭✭OldRio

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭lenny4545

Just the two dodgy trys to sneak a win Munster didn't deserve!🙄

While that's fair enough I stand by calling him an excellent like for like Quinn Roux replacement. His scrummaging has been really top notch, completely locks out the tighthead side. Great addition to the lineout. Maul defence seems to be much improved all round, but he has had good input there too. And his offensive breakdown work has looked good too. Those are the areas where I think Roux added the most.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭ShineyShiney

It's like Clote has a secret door to the breakdown that only he can see.

I'd have porch at 15 everyday.

I'm really pissed at that tmo failure not to look at the offside.

Few big pros from last night.

Maul defence has massively improved. Defence in general, no real soft tries conceded.

Carty can take confidence from that and if he gets back into a 2018/19 run of form we're in business.

Scrum creaked but mostly held even without a bulky tighthead lock adding ballast, credit to Matty Burke, who, to be honest, I thought would be in for a long night when I saw the team sheet named.

Obviously the big con is that our restarts are still a disgrace. My party trick when watching a Connacht match in company is to say "watch this" immediately after we take a conversion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭BENDYBINN

Agree,the last two restarts needed to be won..instead cheaply given away cost us the game

as for mun dodgy try.........horrendous defending...they had a five man overlap...

a lot good last night but a lot to do

Advertisement