Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part XII *Read OP For Mod Warnings*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,410 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Tony could be thinking that way and the only option will be 'full level 5 lockdown for the rest of the year'

• Registered Users Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

There was no meeting planned until tomorrow since the last set of easing so why wouldn't he? He has a young family too and doesn't live hanging upside down in a cave!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,982 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Thank you, this individual seems addicted to posters contributions and has nothing constructive to offer, they spent most of yesterday trying and abjectly failing to twist what I said.

Disgraceful behaviour filled with insults and snide remarks

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,394 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Most people don't care about such things once they believe themselves to be inside the tent. That's reality. People will go along with any amount of bullsh*t policies as long as they only impact "others".

Same people will all be front and centre with every other popular equality campaign.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Nyero

In your opinion of course.

You were spouting waffle yesterday like closed hospitality businesses should have retained staff instead of them going on pup.

How was a closed business supposed to keep paying staff?

You then decided to call Adrian Cummins a "Well known clown"

Perfectly OK for you to throw out the snide remarks of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭normanoffside

I see Cillian De Gascun is confirming what the Conspiracy Theorists have been saying for weeks already. I know many people have been banned from SM for saying this.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,636 ✭✭✭giveitholly

If this is true then why the need for vaccine certs?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,767 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

The reopening on Friday needs to go ahead as planned or we'll never get out of this. We've done our bit to protect the health service and now it's time for the health service to protect us.

In my opinion they should also announce a ban on disseminating covid case numbers in the mainstream media. If you want to access them they're available on the covid website or whatever it's called. Constantly having them on every news and radio station front and centre has caused untold damage to people's mental health.

Just my 2c

They've been banned for claiming don't work, they do. They still stop a lot of serious illness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,688 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Don't worry, the CT'rs haven't been right about this. These numbers were known about months ago and Cillian is a bit of a sh*t for posting it the way he has. The vaxxed are less likely to have a high viral load (but it can be equal when they do) and clear the viral load faster (which would also reduce the window in which the virus can transmit). As the person is vaxxed, the high viral load is dealt with effectively by the immune system (underlying conditions not withstanding).

• Registered Users Posts: 24,394 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Amazing how these lads start getting so noisy each and every time a milestone is approaching.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,636 ✭✭✭giveitholly

And some people are still so naive not to see it

• Registered Users Posts: 18,485 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Amazing how they can give a suspiciously lengthy 2 months lead time to a reopening date, and yet just days before that date still nobody has any certainty about what will actually happen.

And people defend this horseshit.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,982 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

So before I put you on my ignore list, let's examine your absurd comment re my covid addiction.

I see you your reasonably new to boards (August) assuming you don't have other user names, accounts .

You've not started any discussions but oddly, strangely, intriguingly EVERY SINGLE POST you've made is Covid related, curious that and you have the gall & neck to say I'm addicted to covid 🤣

Not that I have to justify my contributions on Boards with you or anyone, I like most have an interest in we're we are re Covid, interested in the Politics of it and more importantly interested in the pathway forward.

In relation to the Hospitality sector comments your cleary obsessed with, I spent 28 years in this sector, I speak from experience. I spoke absolutely no waffle, invited you to look back on not just the comments but the actual podcast were quite outrageous comments were made, perhaps you've a connection with Adrian Cummins, I don't know but I'm entitled to comment, have an opinion and will either defend it or indeed apologise if I'm proven incorrect.

Over 10 years on Boards, I've always found the measure of a poster on how they interact, you've failed miserably in the mutal respect category, Rudeness, Insults, snide remarks achieve but one thing, total lack of respect for your opinion on pretty much anything. I'm not alone in being at the receiving end of your Bile.

Your now on my ignore list, you'll appear greyed out (appropriately), I won't see or care about what you post , I suspect I'm not alone.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,881 ✭✭✭Russman

So, does "learning to live with COVID" involve making any changes, be they big or small, to our behaviour/lives going forward ? or does it really just mean ignore COVID and carry on as if its 2019 ?

Seems to me we can't really have a global pandemic without some permanent or semi permanent changes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭bokale

I guess it's because if we have pubs/clubs full of people spreading it, that's it better they are vaccinated as less chance of hospitalisation.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭Ozvaldo

Made up poll to accommodate the media agenda of keeping covid restrictions

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭Ozvaldo

Rte are now going with mandatory vaccination for health workers which will extend to everyone else.They have been promoting this all weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭floorpie

They weren't made to stop serious illness, and weren't assessed just on this basis as almost nobody died during large trials. They were assessed on incidence of COVID-19 only, in other words, any symptoms arising from sars-cov-2.

Measures such as COVID-19 certs and travel restrictions are predicated on vaccination preventing the spread of COVID-19, not on personal incidence of severe symptoms. They are absurd if vaccination doesn't prevent spread.

Cillian's admission, citing a paper from October 2021, has been obvious based on manufacturer data going back 1+ years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭darconio

How can they spread it if they are vaccinated? It seem to be the general consensus that if you are vaccinated your viral load is insignificant, and even if it isn't, their augmented immune system will be able to deal with it like nothing happened. So why the green pass? to keep out from the pub an insignificant number of customers? Let's not forget the way the "droplets" are spread and the amount of time required for anybody to get infected, let's not forget that all the vulnerable are vaccinated. We are talking about a bunch of people between the age of 18 and 45/50 spread nationwide, the chances for anybody to meet a boogeyman unvaccinated on a night out are so irrelevant that they are not even worth to mention, the chances for this person to get infected are close to 0, the chances for the same person to be hospitalized for covid are close to 0, the chances for the same person to infect somebody else are close to 0. But if that's what would reassure everybody's safety, then let's go ahead with it: In that case I would expect to see the hospitalization/infected and ICU numbers to drop dramatically

You could always send your paper onto him for peer review!

BTW this is the HSE on it.

All COVID-19 vaccines give you good protection from severe illness from COVID-19 when you are fully vaccinated. 

What paper?

Proper peer reviews are usually double blinded.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭bokale

You can spread it if vaccinated.

I think green pass is to stop unvaccinated being in areas prone to the spread of Covid as they have more chance ending up in hospital because of it. And maybe to convince them to move on with the rest of society and get on with life.

Well, you seem to have set up your own platform of opinion, very much at odds with everyone else on vaccines so where's your paper on it?

Once again the HSE on it.

All COVID-19 vaccines give you good protection from severe illness from COVID-19 when you are fully vaccinated. 

HSE and NPHET are meaningless here. They adapt their position and pretend it was always their position (like posters on here). Go back through the archives of that same page:

Pfizer/BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine - Overview - HSE.ie (archive.org)

Here's that section in May:

All vaccines are tested for safety and effectiveness before they can be used. The HSE only uses a vaccine if it meets the required standards of safety and effectiveness. You should get any vaccine that is offered to you.

They modified that section at the end of July 2021. It was NOT intended that vaccination only prevents serious illness. Again, this was not assessed in order to approve them.

Well, you seem to have set up your own platform of opinion, very much at odds with everyone else on vaccines so where's your paper on it?

I have posts on here going back half a year pointing this out. My opinion isn't at odds even with the manufacturers of the vaccines.

What exactly are you trying to say about vaccines? I mean, this is your third post and it's still as clear as mud. Do you accept that they work? Do you dispute the efficacy of them or do you just have a totally different opinion of what they do? Or do you have a bone to pick with anybody in this country that's administering vaccines?

You could just be a crank and there are many of those on the forum. And the point here is what?

• Advertisement

Wait, you said that vaccines work because they prevent serious illness. You posted HSE info to say they're meant to prevent serious illness. But they switched to this position a couple of months ago. Vaccines were instead approved on the basis that they prevent COVID-19. Efficacy is defined by the manufacturers as prevention of COVID-19, not prevention of serious illness or death.

My position is consistent, so the better question is do YOU dispute their efficacy?

Advertisement