Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 - V3.0

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,324 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,962 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Website is access to all, the only relevant folk that want to know are Tesla owners. Also, pricing is dynamic and can change without notice at any stage from the mothership so much easier just have to do a map update and push that to car than also worry about websites etc

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Sam W

Maybe it's just a thing for new users, but I'd expect that it at least shows up on my Tesla app or website after login... Pushing prices to car maps only means you have to plan things inside the car.

Anyway, just came back home from a day out in Donegal. Pretty pleased with the SuC in Castlebellingham. Car gets fully charged before I could finish ordering my lunch.

Donegal, on the other hand, definitely needs a much better charging infrastructure...

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭mobyduck

Hello have a 2019 M3LR. In last week the car has started making loud noises at low speeds - somewhere between a squeak and a groan like something rubbing together. Seems to be within/under the cabin and not from wheels/suspension - but no obvious candidates in the cabin itself. I have a service appointment coming up next week so will get them to check it out. But if anyone here has had similar, I’d love to know what it turned out to be. Thanks!

Post edited by mobyduck on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,501 ✭✭✭wassie

If you are likely to have muddy shoes or kids, I highly recommend these deep sided floor mats. A bit pricey but perfect fit and keeps the muck contained. Just double check whenever ordering floor mats that they are for RHD model, as lot of suppliers have mats designed for EU market (LHD) but are not labelled as such.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭spudulike

Looking for some advice.

We have ordered a Model 3 SR+ model. Originally this was supposed to be delivered in early November. That has now moved to mid-late December. We asked if it's possible to then hold off taking delivery until January. They came back saying that the car would have to be registered in December, even if it's the last week of December.

Does anyone have any advice on this scenario. Is there any way of holding off on registering the car until January? Should we defer to a 221 model instead?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭MightyMunster

I saw a rumor this week that the Seai grant may be stopping in December so the price would go up 5k in January. Not confirmed yet.

Also they will sell your car in December to the next person on the list and you might have to wait until February/March for the next shipment

• Registered Users Posts: 28,033 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

The grant was confirmed to be continuing until 2023.

The thread on it says they won't know for 2 weeks as are in negotiations with Dept of Finance. Looks like the OP mixed up VRT and SEAI grants

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058212774/5000-vrt-relief-for-evs-to-remain-until-end-of-2023/p2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭sh81722

We were in the same situation 211 vs 212 and our delivery was originally scheduled for 31st June. Uncle Elon wants the deliveries to hit by end of the quarter whatever it takes. Some people obviously have been able to delay their registration as there have always been a small number of TM3 registered outside between the ends of Dec/Mar/Jun/Sep.

The way I see it is that I'm buying a car not a number plate. If it really matters to you in what order the numbers 1 2 and 2 appear at the start of your plate then you might need to wait until end of March for the next shipment. But I'm kind of starting to get a feeling that the car buying population is finally starting to see the forest from the trees and some random "order your 221 plate attached to a random banger" is not such a big thing anymore. And a tesla between 212 plates early is better than waiting for exactly the same car for up to 3 months so that it can be fitted between 221 plates.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

The way I see it is that I'm buying a car not a number plate. If it really matters to you in what order the numbers 1 2 and 2 appear at the start of your plate then you might need to wait until end of March for the next shipment.

Unfortunately, the reg plate does affect used values & as someone who changes cars frequently, residual value is an important consideration for me. If I was keeping the car several years, I wouldn't be greatly concerned.

It too is unfortunate Elon decided on the criteria for his quarterly deliveries as being fully documented & delivered.

Ultimately if I take delivery in December & sell on in 2/3 years, I'll likely lose several thousand euros over a car registered in January. Similarly, a car registered in Clare will be worth less than a car registered in Dublin.

It's the way we are here - reg plate (what year is it), is the tax cheap & will she pull a box!!!

Anybody else have had issues with the toll tag with model 3? Possibly some glass coating issue. I have mine mounted rhs the camera module but it's really hit and miss. I have also tried just to leave it on the dash but again it is unreliable. The tag company reckons ours is too new to have a battery issue.

I see online that some folk have better luck mounting it on glass roof instead of windscreen but how are yours working out?

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭JandS

Never had any issue with mine mounted LHS of mirror.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

The current mix of regs like 201 , 211 ,222, 202 help as they are not as obvious to glance at.

Indeed. 192 vs. 202 was quite obvious I have to admit but if I was shopping for an used car, say Dec 152 vs Jan 161, I would buy solely on condition and miles and spec over the newer reg.

The days of "What do you drive?" - "A 09 D!" hopefully is getting less relevant with the current twice yearly plate changes. Just buy the car when you need it and have a new car for the trip home for Xmas.

SIMI have certainly done a number on this country when it comes to reg plates & marketing BS.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Am I Evil?

In the same position, my SR+ is due in November but being realistic it's likely to be the last possible week of December. I've been rattling my head for weeks on if I'll accept it or not but I'd rather have the car now then wait until March 22 for it. It is what it is, I plan on keeping this car for 4ish years and Tesla's really do seemingly hold value well.

Probably worth to note that I'm also trading in my current car which I bought while living in the UK in 2018. Tesla trade in is the same price I paid for it! So I don't want to risk that flat lining either...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭reni10

Why would people consider a "D" reg plate worth more than a "G" or "C" or "W" or whatever else plate?

I don't understand the logic there at all?

I would be thinking if it is a D plate it would have been used for commuting and being in lots of traffic in Dublin and the condition would not be as good as someone who drives 10 mins to work on the W plate and is not stuck in traffic all day, every day!

• Advertisement

Whether justified or not, the thinking goes that a rural, say KY reg, would be more likely to be traveling on bad/bumpy roads compared to an average D reg that will do easier miles.

No idea if this leads to huge price diffs or not, or if there are price diffs, if other factors are at play too e.g. size of local used car market. 🤷

Also people can be parochial for their home counties and don't wish to be seen with another counties plate. 'D' reg is the only one that can be considered generic in that regard, regardless of the county. This suggests that there are more potential buyers in the used car market.

Also majority of lease vehicles are D reg.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭AmberGold

Anyone selling a Model 3 before I place an order?

With my 2019 M3LR, when I occasionally charge to 100% for a trip, I see a predicted range of 460-470kms. I typically charge to 90% and see 410-420kms here.

Do these numbers seen low? Apart from temperature, and slow battery degradation over time, does this predicted range take into account recent driving and real world range seen? I have 28K kms on the clock.

What predicted range do you all see for your LR?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭innrain

Got 36.5.5 today.

Current limit

Preconditioning and charging schedule within the app

That’s quite a lot more range than I am seeing. How old is your car and how many kms on it?

PS also got 36.5.5 today - the new charging options in the app are useful. Roll on 36.8 for the live Sentry view on the app.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,816 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Mines a 2020 model 3 performance. Used to show just over 500kms at 100%. Now it's 468 at the last check. 19k on the clock.

Yep so that is close to what I am seeing although the Perf generally gets a little less range than LR anyway. I believe the predicted range takes into account recent efficiency i.e. including style of driving. I’ll admit to not being the lightest of foot when driving …

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭innrain

It is LR made in China 5 months and 11k km old

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭reni10

I have a 2021 SR+ MIC and it shows 424km range at 100% charge but realistically max range is about 300-350km and no more.

Advertisement