Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The PGA Tour Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭hold my beer

Boring enough in the Tour Championship so far. Probably expected with it effectively being a 2 horse race

• Registered Users Posts: 38,517 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Yeah, they need to come up with a better format I think. Very unexciting way to end the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,011 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Bad idea to put it on the same week as the solheim as it seems everyone is watching that.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

I haven't watched a minute of the Solheim and I watch plenty of women's golf.

I am watching the tour championship but haven't watched that much if it tbh.

Cantlay has always been a decent putter but he's improved this year. If he can stay at that level he'll go down as one of the greatest putters in history and he'll win majors.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

no need for the handicap system in the tour championship. Anyone who qualifies for the tour champ by finishing in the top 30 deserves to start on level scores .

the handicap system effectively ends most of the 30 players chance of winning the fed ex in my view.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,412 ✭✭✭kowloonkev

I also feel that it shouldn't count as an official PGA Tour win as it is highly likely that the player who shoots the lowest total over four days won't be on top of the leaderboard. It is not a real win for Cantlay in my opinion although he did what was required to take the FedEx Cup.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,767 ✭✭✭abff

The OWGR doesn’t show it as a win for Cantlay. Rahm and Na are shown as joint winners with Cantlay tied 4th.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,767 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Fowler and McIlroy in the final group tomorrow, should be a good watch. Very tough course!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Heighway61

Pathetic coverage by Sky. Could be nearly over by the time they start showing it. Why so little coverage?

I think they’re showing an LPGA event as their main coverage. You may be able to see the PGA coverage on the red button.

• Advertisement

They said last night that the next coverage is 10pm tonight. No mention of the red button - where they did mention it before. Hope that was an oversight. By 10pm most will be finished and the leading group will be half way round.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,672 ✭✭✭Speak Now

• Registered Users Posts: 20,362 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

There was an LPGA event last night and it was excellent. The playoff in the dark under floodlights was class :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭joebloggs32

I believe its a Ladies European tour event, even though its on stateside

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

No red button. Curious to know why coverage will not start till the final group are half way around.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,672 ✭✭✭Speak Now

I've seen them do this before for some of the more low key PGA your events.

This is hardly a low key event. Pretty much a WGC equivalent.

Ye it’s a good field - no Rahm or Bryson only big names missing

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

This is just hilarious really. Four ties at the top now. Rory and Rickie joined by Morikawa who is 7 under for his first 9 holes!!!

and none of it on TV. Just unfathomable really. The golf tv coverage in the states is abysmal at the best of times but this Sunday is taking the piss altogether

and now Taylor gooch shoots 62 to take the clubhouse lead.

may least it should be a brilliant back 9 with a million commercials thrown in

• Advertisement

Rickie with a 7 at a par 5 - ouch !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭joebloggs32

The 3d tourcast thing on the pga app is riveting 🙈🙈

Chap in Bermuda shot 88 - 92 to finish last, I know conditions were tough on Thursday. Must be one of the highest ever.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Motivator

Was he one of the Korn Ferry lads? There’s a few of them in this event.

Brian Morris, suffering with cancer, given a sponsors exemption.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

He has terminal cancer, so it’s a great achievement just to play, high score ok, but irrelevant

Pendrith has a nice lead and a great chance to get himself a nice bonus. His aubin 2019/20 got him a promotion to the PGA tour but it's a limited enough one where he doesn't get into many events. This would set him up if he can hang on.

He's a massive hitter of the ball, very talented player, from Canada, He's blown leads before though but hopefully he can hold on this time. I think he's a player we could hear a lot about over the next couple of years.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Close leaderboard in Bermuda - Pendrith struggling plus 2 so far . Three way tie at the top.

went out early cos bad weather forecast

• Advertisement

Weather deteriorating quickly

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Advertisement