Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 22 Ultimate Team discussion thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

The latest patch has really changed everything. Not only is pace the most important thing now, it's feels more important than ever. It's all about counter attacks now. You can attack the entire game, but at some point, the opponent will break and play a pin point accurate 60 yard through ball to his striker running in on goal.

It feels like if you haven't had a shot for a while, it's infinitely more likely that your next shot will be a goal.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I actually had noticed Kane seems waaaaaay less effective today. Swapped him out for Tralee and noticed my results improved a bit. Shame. Was fun while it lasted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

What's he like under a high ball? 😅

I recommend that Fekir card btw. They certainly haven't nerfed his finesse shots at least anyway, considering playing him as a striker tbh. Bought TOTW Benzema for chemistry reasons to finish the weekend league today to replace Kane, and he doesn't feel that effective. I'm a bit hamstrung for French/La Liga attacking link options though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

I was 8/8 this evening, somehow managed to win the last four games to get rank II. Got Theo Hernandez in my red picks. That's definitely a win.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭dmigsy

Still haven't tried out WL. Chipping away slowly at rivals games. Up to div 2. Think I went through div 4 and 3 without losing and with only a couple of draws. Changed up my team again too. This midfield is fantastic.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 54,069 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I need to find some technique for achieving mental zen in fifa cause sometimes I feel like I’m losing the plot completely.

How do you lot cope with the frustration?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Usually just stop playing for a couple hours and come back to it later in the evening… not worth your time getting frustrated over and it’ll only lead to worse results.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

I've been trying out Neal Guides 4321 formation and I'm having a good bit of fun with it. Can leave you open for counters but I'm definitely scoring more goals and winning more games.

https://youtu.be/oBxGPUTeRmk

Been trying this too. Not sure its viable to play for a full game. Going to try out his other formations.

Im either winning well or getting well beaten, it’s really down to if the opponent is good enough to recognise you have 3 stay forwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭BrentMused

I've been using FIFA Analyst's version of same and it has transformed my game.

I've gone from struggling to create chances in almost every game and failing to qualify twice for WL, to flying through division 3, going 5-1 in the playoffs, and hitting 8 wins in WL.

Another positive with it is say you go a couple of goals up, or are holding on to a lead with 10-15 minutes to go, it's an easy switch in-game to a more defensive 4-2-3-1 for example without needing to change personnel.

I have found that some opponents know exactly what to do against it and kill you on counter attacks, but if they don't cop on to it it's hugely effective.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Just bought 30 contracts, 28 games, and they have disappeared, coins taken but no contracts

As for formations, still using the fifa analysts 532 from fifa 21 with some alterations from me, still works very well

I had told myself I wasn't going to bother with IF trading this year.

But IF Elyounoussi is going at discard. An 81 rated PL player at discard is literally the safest investment anyone is going to make this year. I'm genuinely tempted to pump all 700k in my coin pile into him....

EDIT: Ah, here. Hause is also gettable at discard, and he's bloody English too. Smith Rowe too. That's nearly printing money if you've got some patience...

What would you expect these guys to rise to in the coming months?

I purchased a lot of Azpilicueta's at around 13k last week which seemed way to good to be true.

My only worry is that so many people are getting the TOTW packs from Champs rewards now, which were unachievable for most last year (myself included). Also, the drop rate for IF's in packs seems hugely buffed this year too.

They'll go up the second a decent SBC drops. That's the nature of IF trading.

The Ronaldo POTM SBC was so expensive that it really didn't dent anything, and there's not really been a solid PL player SBC yet, but if an SBC drops for a more achievable, popular player, the prices will go up. I actually think Azp (85 rated, Pl and Spanish) for 13k will be a phenomenal investment. He's so easy to link and has a great rating. One or two decent SBCs and he'll clear 20k easily. A bit like I mentioned about Maguire yesterday, he's the type of player they'll put into SBC solutions.

They might not go up to the 30k mark, but that's also why I stay around discards. If they don't jump, you'll get 99% of your coins back.

I usually get a 2 goal lead and switch back to 4231 to play a possession, slow build up or counter attacking game. Going well so far for me!

This is where I'm at at the moment. Need to find a replacement for Saul cause he's not great. Azpilicueta and Digne are also wrecking my head, and Chiellini is too slow now.

Any recommendations?

Don't know what your chemistry situation or budget is, but Koulibaly or even Skriniar would be a huge upgrade on Chellini.

Theo Hernandez at LB.

If you're using OTW Locatelli as a purely defensive CM, gold Kessie would be better for a few thousand coins.

There are some great full backs in the Serie A that are far better than those 2. Spinazzola and Lazzari for instance!

Chemistry is ~85-90 if I remember right. I have Skriniar on the bench, drops the chem a bit but probably worth dropping him in anyway.

I have Locatelli on defensive yes, he drops back between defenders.

I have about 150k in coins, but probably about another 50k in fodder sitting there too.

Yea I think I'm going to pick them up. Azpilicueta gasses really early and Digne is just not great.

Any recommendations on replacements for Saul? I have Kroos but he's too slow and kills the chem.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Up in division 2 at the minute and have a m8 telling me the horrors he is facing every game in the elite division.

I think my plan is to win a few and then before reaching promotion just quit out of a few.....pretty much just stay in division 2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

This looks good for only 24k. Fred can be replaced with Fabinho if you prefer the height.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,709 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

At this point I've stopped trading fodder. Its been on the floor so long, whilst it should go up, taking this long is just hurting my club as the top players are rising at a higher rate.

Having more joy trading usable players that look undervalued e.g. picked up a few IF Tchoumanénis when he was 10k. Got a few Gravenberch's for cheap too, he might be a bit riskier but his card looks ridiculous and Ajax have a decent chance of qualifying for the knock outs. Cards also seem to fluctuate quite a bit throughout the day, you can pick up most cards a lot cheaper in the morning than the evening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I find that slow build up is way too negative for me. I love free attacking football so switched all of his formations to use long ball instead of it. Makes a massive difference and I've jumped up 2 divs now to 5 where I was seriously struggling in Div 7 to put wins together.

Thinking I might now get Van Dijk and Kante for my squad now as I feel they'd be more of an upgrade over Di Natale when I already have Mbappe as ST.

Can bring in De Light and work him in too to strength up the defence if needed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,158 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Honestly I think I'd just switch completely to some form of Serie A squad and for the coins you have you could put something lovely together.

Normal Koulibaly is 10k and arguably the best gold CB in the game right now. Kessie is 3.7k and miles better than OTW Locatelli, gold Barella is 2k and much better than OTW Saul. I've used Sancho a bit as I packed him early on and have found Chiesa (2.4k) to be way better as another example.

Casemiro could be used to get Vinicius in on 9 chem.

Something like the below maybe? Everyone on full chem. Have Casemiro as CDM in game, Barella box to box, Dybala CAM.

You're looking at about 70k due to the cost of Dybala and Casemiro:

https://www.futbin.com/22/squad/1812477

Good shout, I'll take a look at that. A lot of my current better players are untradeable unfortunately.

On the question of tactics, is there a way to set it so that certain players go to certain positions when you change game plan? Like when I go from Balanced (4-2-3-1), where KDB plays as the CAM, to Attacking (4-3-2-1) where I want KDB on the left of the 3, is there a way to set that?

By default it puts Sancho on the left of the 3 and KDB in the RW/RF slot.

yes,

goto tactics, change mentality, then in formation edit positioning.

Yep that's possible.

If you go to the custom tactics, select the situation you want (e.g. attacking, ultra attacking etc), then go across to player instructions. If you press triangle on PS or Y on Xbox, you can move them around to be in the positions you want.

I can do this in the squad menu outside of a match?

• Advertisement

that looks good and if you want to upgrade a few of the positions you could go IF barrella maybe, or try immobile instead of martinez (he isnt expensive), TOTW Felipe Andersen is good on the right aswell.

Deffo an upgrade on the current team.

Advertisement