Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What does the future hold for Donald Trump? - threadbans in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I’d pay good money to be able to see trump’s video testimony on Monday coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,679 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

It would be great in my opinion, if anyone who wanted to defend a trump position, was first made defend one of these statements before being allowed to do so.

It would help establish what their reality is before we engage with them and ensure that the usual "isn't trump great" posts would be whittled down and only those willing to properly engage would be left.

I don't like that they can just ignore this stuff and get to post away just as if he is just another politician. He isn't, and before we talk about him in regular political terms, this stuff needs to be addressed.

It's incredible and a complete injustice that this stuff is brushed away as "Trump being trump" and people are actually serious about him being able or suitable to run again in 2024.

What the hell is that? Why does he get such a pass when absolutely no one else comes even close?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,359 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Really big lie! Anyone falling for this is a moron. Using small words to convince idiots.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,596 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Unfortunately Theres 76 million idiots in the US that Lap up this scutter

• Registered Users Posts: 11,359 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

To be fair a huge amount of them would vote R no matter what and what he says is irrelevant, that’s a different type of foolishness. But anyone lapping up these unsubstantiated phrases like a child is a moron.

• Advertisement

I notice folk on various social media platforms have adopted the approach of saying biden is just as bad as a means of having a go, rather than bragging about how good trump was.

You see the same approach here. "Trump was awful, but....."

What an indictment of your tenure. Zero accomplishments in 4 years.

Sadly, social media is conducive to that kind of shallow statement, as you don't have to stick around and prove your point. (Same thing happens here. Soundbite comment then vamos before you have to explain yourself.)

• Subscribers Posts: 41,596 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

I fully agree, but it may shock to you to consider that there is a significant majority of American people who are not well educated, who actually speak like Donald does, who get their news from Facebook and YouTube, and for whom the dons words read as gospel.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Happy Deposition Day!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,825 ✭✭✭✭briany

People can only maintain outrage for so long. You can call it apathy if you want, but I think it would be more accurate to say that people just get tired. It's a scary path America is going down. It can be tired to make comparisons with the Nazis but the similarities are there with Trump and the Republicans - a cult of personality, a paranoid mindset, fear of minorities, prioritising power over Democracy, attempted takeover with force, telling massive obvious lies repeatedly and gross populism. You have groups like the Proud Boys as well who'd love to become Trump's personal SS, if given the chance, and being that there were leaders of that group at 6/1, incited by Trump, that's what they were trying to be. But you still have Trump sycophants going, "no, u" in reference to Joe Biden's government supporting things like mask mandates. Give Trump and his family the chance to regain/consolidate power in the USA, and you'll see what true authoritarianism looks like.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,363 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

For all intents and purposes, the proud boys _are_ trump's brownshirts

• Advertisement

They're still wannabes at this stage. Too many daytrippers, too disorganised and under too much scrutiny. Trump's not so dumb as to openly endorse such an outfit right now, but all it would take would be one major bust up at one of Trump's rallies and he would welcome in such a group to provide some protection, and that would be a direct echo of history.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,437 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

The Proud Boys want to read a bit of history if they think of themselves as Trumps Brownshirts.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,251 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Trump will not testify. His lawyers will tie this up forever with every possible technicality. Correct me if I am in error, but the last time Trump was deposed was for Trump University. Read the transcript. It was an absolute legal disaster for him. He dug himself deeper and deeper with just about everything he said. He was forced to pay $25 million.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,251 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Saw something posted in my California city like this. Also another that stated Trump: America’s Poorest Loser.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Breaking:

"Trump sues to keep White House records secret, claiming executive privilege"

Why would someone need to do that? What's he got to hide?

He testified today.

""The President was exactly how you would expect him to be, he answered questions the way you would expect Mr. Trump to answer questions and conducted himself in a manner that you would expect Mr. Trump to conduct himself," Dictor said."

Sounds like you are right about digging a hole

Jan 6 was just an innocent day out according to the Trump fans on here. Maybe they can explain why he's acting so guilty then?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,555 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Trump will throw obstacle after obstacle in the way, he will be dead and buried before the truth comes out and never face any justice....his kids on the other hand?

What a sad little man.

Colin Powell: "Trump is a national disgrace and an international pariah."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I’d say given what we know(and as has been pointed out there is video of him under oath) I’d say his legal counsel visited their drinks cabinet last night because I’d say it was a legal mess.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

His proxies also used his death to spout anti-vax nonsense.

Bunch of degenerate scumbags

And by equivocating. They'll say that Colin Powell was a war criminal and so forth. His complicity in the military action against Iraq was wrong, and this has been discussed at length, but of all the days to take a pop at him over it, it should not be in the days immediately following his death. There is usually an understood protocol around that, known to most people and honoured by most people. He cannot help himself. I wouldn't be surprised if self-penned memoirs constantly contained the Partridgian, "...And, needless to say, I had the last laugh..."

Also, we've lost count of the amount of hypocritical statements by Trump but another one has to be calling Colin Powell a 'RINO' when Trump has no regard for traditional Republican politics and has essentially hijacked the party, and has even called for the marginalisation and primarying of several Republican politicians who refused to go along with his incessant lies?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,437 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

The criticism of Powell in regards to WMDs (and not forgetting his involvement in the coverup of the Mai Lai massacre) is not the issue for me. the issue for me is the childish manner in which it was done. A 10 year old would be embarrassed to write something like that.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

I saw articles from a few different sources yesterday about Colin Powell, and they all mentioned Iraq and WMD. None were mentioning it in a distasteful way though, just giving the major talking points about his life and what he did.

Trump can't say anything without making it about how great he is himself, and without lying about the media who did mention the negative side about Powell.

Reminder of Trump's narcissism -

CNN/MSNBC/BBC/Sky News/Even Fox News, sometimes - "And Trump said this today, but it doesn't tabulate with the facts."

Trump: FAKE NEWS! ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE!

OAN/Newsmaxx/Breitbart - "If you remove all the dead people who voted, Trump actually won all fifty states."

Trump: Wonderful guardians of truth and liberty...

Has Trump ever heard a negative news story about him and said, "Actually, that's fair. I may have made a mistake, there."?

His instinct is to try and discredit any outlet which ever makes out like he's less than great. How is that not fascistic behaviour?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,363 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Just remembered what he said about John McCain

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Didn't he say something about allowing McCain to lie in repose in the Capitol as if he was doing his family a favour?

It might not be that specific scenario, but he definitely tweet something about how he was the bigger man after McCain died because he allowed something.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement