Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Clay Farm, Leopardstown, Dublin 18

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35 decorfali9

KG_2020 wrote: »
    Hi all,
    I just wondering to know if the clay farm houses and apartments the whole complex will have its own gates and surrounded by walls as a court for more privacy

There are some walls on the outside of the development separating the phase 1 from Ballyogan Rd but they are just a visual separation kind of thing. The rest of phase 2 houses and appartments have no such walls. In fact the entire development will be taken by the council when complete so it'll be public access roads.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Newbiehousehunt

Anyone have an update on the upcoming launch in September? Heard the mid-terraced 3 beds will be selling at mid 500's mark. Does anyone else think it is highly overpriced considering that the 3 beds are practically a 2 beds + 1 Study.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 lapsang

Can anyone sum up the concerns regarding the ESB substation, the mobile phone tower, and the recycling center?

Not many options around to find a new home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

3 beds will be mid 500s and 4 beds will be mid to late 600s is what we’ve been told.

3 beds in phase 2 were 490k, so it looks like a potential price increase of about 60k plus losing out on the HTB scheme so an overall price increase of about 90k to the buyer 🤢

• Registered Users Posts: 2 tappat

Got similar price estimates, but launch will be late September/October.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 c00114110

Did anyone get more accurate figure for the prices?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

No, not a peep yet about the exact prices or release date

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭JDD

That's quite the hike within a year, but I suppose not much of a hike in the overall scheme. If I remember right, the very first phase of houses (on the left as you come in) had the three bed mid terraces at 470k, and they went on sale in September 2017. Then when they moved to phase 1B and 1C those prices moved up to 490k - those were sold between February 2018 and June 2019. The prices have remained steady since then, as I think the developers were reluctant to price the three beds over the Help to Buy Scheme threshold.

It seems to be clear now that there's enough buyers who do not need access to the Help to Buy scheme - possibly from certain cohorts being able to save higher deposits during the pandemic - so the developers have upped the price of the cheapest three beds to 550k-ish.

So it's about a 15% hike over 3.5 years, or just under 4% a year. I'm not counting the hike between 470k and 490k, because the houses from the very first phase are closer to the ESB station, so were probably priced accordingly.

Now, I'm not saying the developers aren't making a decent wedge of profit on these sales. But I do know from builder/electrician friends that the price of raw materials has spiked, plus the cost of covid measures, and that has probably led to a jump in cost for the house build price. I doubt they're making much more of a profit after the price hike.

What I would want to ask the question on is.... Planning permission for Phase 2 of the estate was granted under the accelerated process. I was under the impression that the accelerated process was only for "affordable" housing. Now, we all know that the definition of "affordable" is murky at best, and in the DLR area "affordable" probably means a much higher price than other areas of the city/country. But surely pricing the cheapest houses outside of the Help to Buy scheme takes the estate out of the "affordable" category. Is there any definition, or guidance, given on what affordable means in any of the planning legislation?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 commanjoe

None or very few I would say.

Firstly I don’t know what concerns anyone would have about the recycling center, it’s a recycling centre not a dump so everything is removed. If you’ve ever been in there it’s spotless and really well managed, on top of this it’s really far away from CF.

on radiation I think most links to any sort of harm have been debunked at this stage and are pretty tenuous. Also the insulation in the houses is so good people have difficulty getting signal at times.

We have Virgin. They just connect outside the front door and this feeds directly to the utility room. The points in each room are fed from the utility so you can have your router wherever you like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Mr Burny

Very pricey when there are small 3 bed semis selling in the Gallops for 500k. Older houses granted but much more spaced out with front and back gardens and away from Dump/ESB substation and the spicier end of ballyogan road

Thanks for the response. Since I've written I managed to find out from a neighbour how it is setup. The tricky bit is that to allow for a single "main" line back to the utility room, while allowing both SIRO and non-SIRO providers, you have 2 lines coming into the house so you need to connect the right line from the outside to your main line, by connecting 2 cables with an RJ45 coupler. Otherwise the signal never gets to the utility room.

Another difficulty is, in my house at least, I see in the utility room 2 cables too many. Still trying to figure where each of them come from ^^U

• Registered Users Posts: 47 c00114110

About the recycling center, I found it is really convenience.

First, the recycling centre is well managed. It is very clean, things are organised brilliantly, alway have staff guide and observe people. It is a few mins drive distance to clay farm, make my live much easy. When we moved in, buying lots of thing and need to dump lots of things. It is so convenience to have a recycling centre nearby, I nearly went to there once a day for two weeks. Never have bad smell or anything make me unconformable in the centre. I actually glad it near to my house.

I agree. They only reason might be that those Gallops houses might be listed at 490/500 but might be selling for 10% more. You'd know from the property price register.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

Got the email from Savilles a few days ago for the houses finally coming online. Viewings held from today. Prices have gone up to minimum of €535k for a 3-bed. I remember many months ago, the entire reason I was interested in this development was that one of the agents specifically called up to say they'd be releasing the next round in "the summer", and it was about the only property I could find in Dublin eligible for HTB (with the lower-end ones going for around €490k). I even specifically asked her on the phone about whether or not we could get HTB for them as this was a big selling point for us and she said that yes, the cheaper middle-units would be. I lobbied hard with my partner for us to wait for these to come around because it seemed like such a great opportunity and would save us so much money compared to what else was on the market.

Very glad I relented now though. Delivered way later than expected, and despite stupidly going and giving them our entire proof of funds many months ago, and registering to view just 3 minutes after the email was sent out (I checked the email timestamp after I finished my registration), I was promptly responded to and told that I did not even get a viewing because they were all booked. Honestly, I wasn't planning to go anyway and would have immediately cancelled to let someone else have it, as we have gone sale agreed elsewhere, just wanted to see if I could have.

Very glad I didn't wait for it now. I can't fathom what you would actually have to do to secure one of these considering the many efforts we went to to try and get our own foot in the door and staying in contact with the agent for months. Would have been sickened if we waited this long to find out we never had a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 TVtomato

The sales people of Clay Farm are so bad! Absolutely horrendous! They cheat and lie about everything to get a house sold.

When you register you think it's a good way to establish type of friendly working relation with the frontline sales people. The thing is THEY DON'T GIVE A FXXK AT ALL! The people leading the sales team is called Darren. Haven't met one this bad for so long!

They have a noisy substation just next to the development. You could hear it houndreds of metres away. The afordable housing stands in the middle of the development. The biggest council estate is just across the road. Moreover there're more apartments in this development and the giant signal tower. The exterial design of these houses are as ugly as hell.

Buy ELSEWHERE!

If you don't like the look of the development then that's your personal taste. I have to say I find the look of the houses much nicer than the nearby Belarmine and certainly nicer than some of the older estates in Stillorgan. The houses are quite close together, but that's DLRR's fault, not the builders. Every new estate is going to have the density of Clay Farm, and every new estate is going to have more apartments than houses. That's the only way developments get approved nowadays. And on a bigger picture basis, I agree with it. We need a certain amount of units, whether that's apartments or houses, over the next ten years if we are to stem the rising prices.

The nearby ESB station is an eyesore, I don't disagree. We live about 400m back from it, and don't hear it at all - either inside or outside the house. But if you lived within 100m of it, you'd definitely hear the hum of it in your back garden. Yes, Ballyogan estate is not far up the road. We haven't found any unsociable behaviour within the estate as a result, but outside Spar/Dunnes can be not great after dark. I haven't experienced anything negative myself, but just the presence of gangs of teenagers can be a bit intimating.

You clearly have had a negative experience with the agents, and that has coloured your view of the estate. I suppose I came to the process with a very low expectation of how the estate agents would try to sell the houses (I mean, does anyone believe what they write on myhome.ie/the Clay Farm website? I've always taken those things as works of fiction) but I actually found Darren very personable and very decent to deal with, surprisingly for an estate agent. But I get it if you had a negative experience that can be really frustrating, especially in the current environment when supply of decent houses are few and far between.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 googlewhack

+1 to the above. No noise from the substation in phase 2 at least and zero signs of anti social behaviour so far. The development is coming along quite nicely and offers quite a bit in terms of green space, transport links and location at the foot of the Dublin hills/ mountains. Like anywhere else it’s not perfect and yes it is expensive, but so is everywhere today.

Sorry to hear you had a poor experience with the estate agent. The lottery of viewings slots isn’t ideal or perhaps not fair. We had a mixed experience ourselves but got there in the end.

If I were Park Developments, I would fire this agent, Savills, right way. How could you ask a bunch of monkies to run a project?

It's not easy for everybody to secure a house nowdays I understand. But to do a sales job and make somebody hate you, hate the products, they are quite something. You can feel the evil gushing from their veins. SO BAD!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 cash4clothes

I am a resident in Clay Farm. I found Savill is very professional, So is Darren. Clay Farm has very limited supply for new homes, of course they cannot keep the huge demand from every purchasers. There are thousands of people registered, only 36 houses for sale!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

I wouldn't go that far, personally. I mean, they do still seem like fairly nice houses to me at least, and there's nothing wrong with apartments in the complex imo, especially since they've clearly been a part of the plan a long time. I do feel like I was pretty misled on these by the agents with the long delays and prices going up considerably from what they were initially advertised to me, and I've learned a lesson in not relying on getting on any new build lists no matter what you do in terms of early registration and having all of your ducks lined up, but I can imagine that they don't really care because in this market these places probably basically sell themselves.

I have heard through the grapevine that some private investors did buy up some of the apartments though, which I'm not a fan of at all. Not buying out a whole block like the controversial case in Maynooth, but still taking a few off the market all the same, and doing so outside of the normal lottery channels that the rest of us have to go through.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Leonardohann

ok

Post edited by Leonardohann on

I can concur with the last few people that posted on a more positive note. Regarding Savills, the bottom line is that there is an awful more demand than offer in this market, at least in D18 (don't know about the greater Dublin area). So whatever method they choose to put the houses in the market is going to be flawed in the eyes of a lot of people. Up until the releases from mid 2019 they were doing first-come-first-served based on a queue. Some people may think that's more fair but it lead to dreadfully long queues forming a day before the launch overnight. There are plenty accounts in this thread. That's when they decided to preapprove buyers. I do agree that this new method can lead to profiling.

As for the houses or the development it is nothing but positives from me. Great neighborhood. Nicely finished houses with optimal usage of space for their size. True that the 3 beds Fern are really more like '2 and a quarter' because one of the bedrooms is a bit on the small size. As for the power substation I live about 300 from it and can't hear a thing. And as for the housing state across Ballyogan road that's not something I've experienced (whatever that is supposed to mean). There's the odd group of teenegers hanging around the Dunnes area doing goofy things but for all I know they could be coming from anywhere. That Dunnes/Spar area is the only "commercial" area we have around.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 happyhippy2019

I never felt the need to post here but I find your comments disgusting and mean. A lot of us are residents in Clay Farm and we are really happy here. I have only good things to say about our community and our houses. Why be so negative towards everyone? Why look in the estate if you hate it?

Darren has helped me and many my friends!! He pointed me towards my dream home (yes in Clay Farm). I was going for different houses and he helped me choose the right one. I went with his recommendation and it was good. As for the rest of the staff I always found professional.

A friend couldn't get a house either this time because demand. Savill always said it was going to be extremely difficult because of a lottery system 100s or 1000s of people going for 36 houses

What bad is bad! No matter how you sugar-coat it!

Everyone is entitled to an opinion! You choose to ignore it. It's your problem.

I found the experience really bad! I found them lying. That's a fact. Nothing you said matters.

Mean and disgusting should be kept for the agent and who are still encouraging them to treat other clients this way!

To future buyers of the project, if you still have a chance, BUY ELSEWHERE!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 Qwert6

We moved in during the summer 2021 so this is first winter in the estate. Just wondering who has had success figuring out the heating? Should it be left on all day at same temperature using thee confort levels? Its set at 22 for all levels and still find it cold at times especially kitchen and third floor room. I often don't believe the temp on the thermostat. Would be great to get thoughts of others. It's the Rowan house btw. Thanks

How much was 2 bed apartments sold for? I could never new apartments being built. Are those sold off or will come to market.

a 2 bed apartment worth 470-500K at CF??? Entering territory of 2 Bed Houses it seems

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭mohm.kamal

I know that contracts with Clayfarm (Park) is legally binding, so what if I paid 10% of a unit and the bank for some reasons didn’t close the mortgage (didn’t allow for final withdrawal), can I ask for my 10% then and they release the house to someone in the waiting list for example?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Sia Ng

Hi Mohm, not sure if you figure out your issue or not. I assume you already sign contract with Clayfarm's solicitor and then you pay the 10% of the property price, if that is the case, take a look of your contract if it subjects to your loan (mortgage), if this clause has been removed, then unfortually you can't get your 10% back, It is really tricky that majority of purchase contract in Ireland should allow you to subject to mortgage (ie, if you lose your job before mortgage draw down, you should be able to take ur 10% deposite back) but ClayFarm removed this clause from the standard contract. So take a look of your contract before giving up, and give your solicitor a shot if you really need to do so.

• Advertisement

This has been a longstanding issue with Clay Farm contracts. We bought our house back in 2018, and our solicitor tried her best to get the "subject to mortgage approval" clause inserted into the contract, but was not successful. The Law Society even recommends it as a standard part of any property contract, but its not a legal obligation to include it so they don't.

Legally, that means that - for whatever reason - if the bank decides not to give you the mortgage at drawdown Park Developments are not required to return your 10% deposit. Now, in reality there is massive demand out there and they would likely find another buyer immediately, in which case they would return the 10% deposit. There would be no benefit for them, really, to hold onto it in case the rejected buyer came on Boards or on the radio to call them out on it. I think Park know that their ready supply of buyers would dry up fairly quickly if people thought they would hold on to the 10% deposit despite finding another buyer.

I suspect that Park got burned badly at the start of the recession when banks tightened their mortgage lending considerably over a very short number of months. It meant that large swathes of buyers could not draw down the mortgages they had initially been approved for, and were able to get their deposits back.

I know it's an extra stress for you - the fear that the bank might change their criteria, or god help us if one of your lost our job or whatever. My husband had been going through a tough phase at work but knew he couldn't leave until after drawdown (at which point work improved anyway).

Good luck with it all in any case!

• Registered Users Posts: 38 sharkufc

Hi folks, thanks for putting this thread together.. I was looking into ClayFarm estate and I fell in love with the house so I'd like to ask some questions to the residents that may have much more experience.

• I like the Rowan type of house from what I've seen in person. Anyone that has that house can share if there is anything that is not "ideal" compared to the other types?
    • Looking at the area there is "just" the luas outside and in the area there will be many ppl.. I wonder if you are aware of any plans for increase the services like commuting, restaurants etc?
    • I've noticed that apart from Dunnes, the other supermarket are quite "far" any supermarket planned to be built in the area?
    • I've read many positive feedback regarding on living in the area, I wonder if that's still the same? Is this an area you recommend living in for a family with babies/dog?

Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 29 googlewhack

Hi there,

living in Clay Farm for 18 months so I’ll address what I can:

• - House type is on preference. No particular comment between types.
    • - LUAS is pretty good; I haven’t had issues with it being overcrowded etc yet, but I’m not a frequent user. Carrickmines Park is being expanded significantly; that will add amenities to the area. Already though, most things you could want are within easy reach by car. It’s super well located & access is very good between LUAS & M50.
    • - None being built that I’m aware. Dunnes is recently renovated & is a top quality supermarket though. Aldi is located in Sandyford, access by LUAS or car.
    • - There are plenty of young families & dogs living here already 🙂 It is a great area for both with the green space available. Come visit on a nice day and you’ll find loads of people enjoying the area. We also benefit quite a bit from being located at the foot of the Dublin mountains. I’m often hiking or biking up there right from the front door.

Overall, for Dublin it is an extremely high quality development with great location, connectivity and facilities. It is certainly not perfect, but we struggled to see better alternatives out there & I think you will conclude the same 🙂

Best of luck with your decision!

Agree with all of the above. In terms of amenities, there will be a new supermarket in Carrickmines along with a cinema and restaurants when they complete the ongoing works as far as I know. Dunnes is top quality though.

This will be accessible via a walkway, a continuation of the one that goes through the Eco Park currently.

Right in the middle of the ongoing new phase, next to the park they built for it, they have a small retail area, downstairs from the own door appartmentd that are almost done now. Supossedly it'll have another creche (there's one already in phase 1) and a small convenience store (like a londis or centra). This info is supposed to be in the planning documents for phase 2 but I can't remember reading it, it's been a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭mohm.kamal

I wonder how people able to secure a house with Saville? I was told that I'm in the registration list last release (in May) and I would be sent a mail for viewing but nothing happened, and I ended up in the viewing date with all the houses gone!

I have put myself in the cancellation list from May, and they told me they will prioritise those in this list for the next release, but I don't think this will happen!

Is there any tricks I don't know?

I don't know any tricks as such, but if I were you I would try and stay in contact with the agent over the next few weeks (is it still Darren Clendennan?). It's a fine line, you want him to keep you in mind but not get irritated by loads of messages. If you are on the cancellation list and have not been contacted then it's unlikely that a house will come up now. I only say this as most cancellations are between putting down the €5000 booking deposits on the day of the viewings, and six weeks later when the contracts are being signed. The €5000 is fully refundable if you change your mind between those dates. After the contracts are signed, the full 10% deposit is payable and is not refundable, so there's very little chance of a buyer pulling out after that unless their bank has ultimately turned them down for a mortgage. That being said, there's a possibility a house might come up. I would send a very polite message to the agent and ask whether any houses have come up through cancellations, and if not whether he could let you know what number you are on the cancellation list. No.2? No.10? If no cancellations have come up, just thank him for getting back to you and hold off for at least another two months before sending another message. If he doesn't reply, wait at least a week and send a very gentle reminder acknowledging that he can't be replying to every potential buyer but you'd just really like to know for your own sanity!

Is there any houses coming up in another phase? Presumably, if there are, that will be next year? Are you on the list for the next phase? Being on the cancellation list does not necessarily mean that you are on the registration list for the next phase.

As I understand it, the email system goes like this. You stay in contact with the agent, he gives you the ballpark time (between x date and x date) that the viewing email will go out. Take those days off work. Make sure every Savills email address will come into your inbox and not to your junk or spam folders. Anyone else you can get to rope in (sisters, brothers, best mate, parents) do it. Get them to register for viewings (even if they don't want a house) then they can reply and request a viewing for you, if they happen to get the email first. Then sit with your finger over the reply button while refreshing your gmail every two seconds for the relevant few days (office hours only thank God). The second that viewing email comes in hit reply and request a viewing. There may only be 30 houses and it's first come first served on replies, and you can be sure that there are hundreds like you, with their fingers hovering over reply. You basically get a viewing ticket, and then you come down on viewing day and queue up at the show office to put down your €5000 deposit. That's why, on viewing day, all the units were already gone.

It's not fair, I know, but it's the best Savills can do. It wasn't fair with the old queuing system where you'd be out with a flask of tea overnight in the middle of winter either.

Your only other option is to wait for second hand sales. The benefit of these is that the house usually has flooring and/or carpets, shelving etc already installed. You'd miss out on your new house grant though, so perhaps that isn't an option for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭ARJn

They released new houses today I guess , got an email

prices did not change from last phase it seems (5k increase on 4 beds and no increase in 3 beds)

I passed the Mulberry show house this morning, which it seems they were furiously cleaning and hoovering. So that explains it. They must have viewings later in the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 clay123

Hi Everyone,

I just purchased a house in clayfarm. I would like to know what primary and secondary school options are available for clayfarm residents. I am more interested in to know about boys/mixed school(private and public). How difficult it is enrol kids?

Thanks,

• Advertisement

Hi Clay123

Local primary schools seem to be mainly mixed:

1. Holy Trinity is just behind the Dunnes Shopping Centre - about a 10 minute walk from Phase 2. Its a large "catholic" national school (though the religious aspect seems to be virtually non-existent in comparison to a previous national school my children were in. No harm, given the mix of kids in the school).
    2. Stepaside Educate Together Primary School: about a 15/20 minute walk with kids, or a 5/10 minute drive (depending on morning traffic). It's in Belarmine rather than Stepaside really.
    3. Gaelscoil Sliabh Rua: About a ten minute walk up the Ballyogan Road.
    4. Gaelscoil Taobh na Coille: Beside the Educate Together school in Belarmine.

There's also St Mary's in Stepaside/Sandyford, but that would be a definite drive.

As for secondary schools, there is a dearth of public boys/mixed secondary schools in South Dublin. As far as I can see there are the following:

Public Mixed:

1. Stepaside Educate Together Secondary: Confusingly, this is not beside the primary school in Belarmine, but actually beside Holy Trinity behind the Dunnes. The kids are in prefabs at the moment, but the permanent school buildings are in the process of being built.
    2. St Tiernans Community School: Near the Balally Luas stop. Historically that was the only secondary for boys in the area, before the Educate Together, and serviced a good few disadvantaged areas such as Ballyogan. That has led to it not having the best reputation but I can't vouch for what its like now. I saw some of the kids last week handing out flyers for their open evening near Dunnes and they seemed like a nice, polite bunch.

Public Boys Only

The only one I can think of that is in any way nearby is Oatlands in Stillorgan. A 20 minute cycle or drive for sure. It's a good school though, I have come across a lot of professionals over the years who went there.

Private Mixed

Wesley College in Dundrum. Good school - good sports facilities. It is protestant in ethos and will give priority to children of a protestant faith, so it may be hard to get into if you are another religion (or none).

Nord Anglia: Close to the Central Park Luas stop. Super expensive as they don't follow the national curriculum (they do the Bac, instead of the Leaving Cert). It seems to be only kids from ex-pats overseas, or kids of people who have relocated here from other countries and are working high up in the tech industry.

Private Boys Only

There's literally nothing close by. Your options would be Sandford Park or Gonzaga in Ranelagh, accessible via the Luas. Belvedere College in town again accessible via the O'Connell St Luas stop. I can't think of any others that might be on a public transport route or would be within reasonable cycling distance. There is of course Blackrock College, St Michaels etc but they would have to be accessed by car, and would be at least 30/40 minutes in the morning time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 ClarmerFaye

Hi Everyone,

I have a question for those who live in Clay Farm.

I bought in a launch earlier in the year and Park have said that I should snag in November.

Can anyone recommend a snagging company/person that they had a good experience with?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Sleepy Joseph

The clay farm houses seem very on top of each other and are more expensive that the traditional (front & back garden) Gallops estate across the road

• Registered Users Posts: 2 tappat

Yes but that applies not only to Clay Farm. Most of new developments in the area maximizes number of units, by downsizing back gardens and providing only car park spaces to the front. Houses in Gallops are much smaller i.e. 85-100 sqm and BER D or C band. Smallest type of house in Clay Farm is 116 sqm and BER A rated. You would have to invest into energy upgrading house in Gallops and possible extension to compare them like for like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,344 ✭✭✭markpb

The nearby housing estates that were built in the 90s were fine for the time but now we realise that we need to make more use of scarce urban land near rail transport.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 sharkufc

maybe a little OT but haven't found a better thread. Does anyone know how big is the attic in the rowan type? Can you walk stand inside? Does anyone have any pictures even to share via pm?

Post edited by sharkufc on

• Registered Users Posts: 3 potentialbuyer1234

Does anyone know if you can use the westwood bridge that crosses over the m50 to get to the shopping center? I think there's some construction ongoing atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Trotters

Benildus College (Upr Kilmacud Road) has always had an intake of students from Stepaside area, and Leopardstown. It even has a Luas stop!

Good school imo

You used to be able to squeeze through a fence and cross the field to get to the end of the road on the Gallops side, but now that they are building the new school at the side of the field that fence bit has been closed off. I haven't seen any other way through to it yet. It seems ridiculous that you have a ready built road there, that just needs to be joined to the back of the ballyogan estate and no one has bothered. I'd love if that road opened because it would be SO much easier to get to Westwood.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭questions007

Appointments for houses out!

Advertisement