Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2021 NFL season - Week 6 thread

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,343 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

The answer to this question is the ref was not looking at Fields when he tried to call a time out, so he turned around to try to take the snap before the playclock ran out. 🙄

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,898 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Dak lost control of the ball before he got to the line. That was quite clear and I've watched it again because of your post.

I agree there's some mistakes but we're all human and it happens. I agree with technology being used for TD reviews but the world has gone nuts looking for perfection all the time.

Next you'll want robots playing the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,299 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Eagle eye I wasn’t talking about that one where he clearly lost the ball I was talking about the one where he was at the bottom of the pile just before that and he looked to be over the line. And go back and read my posts from last night and not the last one and you’ll see what I was referring to because I mentioned the one where he fumbled it at the goal line.

no I don’t want robots playing the game because that would be a stupid thing to happen.

Post edited by Itssoeasy on

And here’s my comment from last night to which I referred to in my post earlier about thinking dak got in.

Apologies, I didn't think he got in on the ground either.

I wasn't intending to say you would want robots, that was really a comment as to the constant demand from many people for absolute perfection all the time. It wasn't meant as a comment about you personally.

• Advertisement

Serious red zone defense from the Titans to this point. Bills have been deep in it twice and they've six points to show for it.

It's 6-0, Bills defense has been awesome so far. Derrick Henry has 8 yards on four runs, Ryan Tannehill 16 passing yards to this point.

Scratch that, as I was about to post Henry breaks out for 76 yards and a TD. 7-6 Titans.

I'm shocked, Bills down by three with a 4th and 1 and 22 seconds left and they go for it instead of sending the game to overtime.

I just don't get it.

Obviously Titans win 34-31.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭collybyrne

9 - 5 this week takes me to 62 - 32 for the season.

Bit of a shocker with my picks this week, all my close calls went the other way and then the Bills really blew it for me last night. Can't believe how one sided Ravens Chargers was, really thought that would be the game of the weekend. Ravens are truly scary looking this year. Great win for the Cards on the road who are consistently backing it up week after week and against a tough schedule too. Steelers Seahawks was a tough watch Sunday night, don't know why they didn't flex that one out of there. Two teams that look devoid of identity at the minute but two great coaches who you wouldn't back against turning it around.

Another close loss for the Pats as well but I don't think they can have any complaints. They've had chances to win all these games so far and the reality of it is they're not good enough to take them. There's definitely some promise there for the future but it's not gonna be this season. Happy to see Lawrence get his first W in the NFL as well, regardless of what I might think of Urban Meyer. It's tough to see how Flores keeps the Dolphins job if this season doesn't take a serious turn-around. Great guy but really looks like he needed another few years experience before taking a head coaching role.

9-5 so 55-39. The chargers loss was the most surprising because they have hitting on all cylinders and looked very average on Sunday and I heard a stat that Justin Herbert was pressured on 34 of his 43 passes which shows how much the ravens defense was getting to him.

At least in my mind there seems to be way more games going to OT this season compared to previous seasons and because of that a good few games I picked went the other way. Anyway not a bad outing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,050 ✭✭✭Christy42

Titans scored on about 6 straight drives. If Titans won the toss in ot it was over. They figured they had a better than 50% chance to score there.

• Advertisement

They were stopped in the red zone a couple of times. Like you have a 50% of winning the toss. Makes no sense at all. Only 22 seconds left which lessens your chances.

If they were stopped on the redzone a few times they could be stopped again the next drive even if they win the toss. You figure you will have to score at some point. May as well try when you are close.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,123 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Yeah and they could stop the Titans too.

It made absolutely no sense that I can see going for it there from a math or football perspective.

Sure but we're not able to stop the Titans in quite some time and the defenses were tired. Tannehill had just made a load of passes in a row, Henry was running rampant. Again if you think you are more than 50% to score from there then why not go for it?

But you are not more than 50%, you've got 22 seconds, with a timeout, so running the ball is a one time thing and you've already failed running it twice. You've been stopped in the red zone three times already too. Odds of a TD are at most 33% given all those factors but really only around 16%.

Also you've held them to a field goal on two of their last four drives.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭Paleface

Advertisement