Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

24 Hours in Police Custody - Channel 4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,972 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

• Registered Users Posts: 17,526 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Weird......still an awful lot of unanswered questions!!!!!!! Perhaps it was totally unprovoked & random............. very hard to 'buy' that though

Sick sick sick individual - thank god he finally got his comeuppance, alas far too late in life

Wrecked so many peoples lives

Dunno how those detectives deal with listening to those stories from the victims and we don't even hear half of it

Yep, old Carter is a "bad one" through & through............ he slipped through the net so many times he must've thought he was teflon

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,222 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

How creepy was he telling them to give the (now adult) child he had raped 'a hug from me'?

Disgusting.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,064 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Strange that the sentencing was done between Episodes 1 and 2.

I'm not feeling it for this series so far. Has nothing on episodes from previous series.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,510 ✭✭✭dobman88

Was he not telling the police woman at the desk to give the detective a hug for bringing his things out? Just before she did, he was asking about stuff he had left there.

It was the "banter" he was trying to have at the desk that got me. Imagine having to pretend to be nice to absolute sub human scum like him. Couldnt do the job they do tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭Housefree

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭Green Peter

If they don't the civil liberty brigade are there waiting to pounce and politicians from opposition parties will scream to high heaven about police corruption. The public get a real picture of policing from programmes like this not media biased stories.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,222 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Oh I may have misunderstood that.

He was very odd wasn't he? Not a flicker when being accused of rape and drugging people etc. and then flips at the idea that he ever used drugs himself.

I don't know what was going on with the jury that acquitted him of the earlier rape of the young man. Just shows you never know with juries.

Yeah, a really really sick individual. In the 1st ep when he ran his finger over the photo of a victim too was chilling.

And like you said, not an ounce of emotion but lost the head when defending himself against using drugs. Fcked up.

Only watching episode 2 this week.

Good to see a proper sentence, I would say the cases it highlighted are only tip of the iceberg, countless lives ruined.

I am still in shock about that rape of the 30 year old man....tbh even more confused how he got off with that in court with all the evidence...bizarre

Anyone watching tonight's episode.......seperated dad drops off son, the new "buck" & himself get into an altercation ........ex -partner ( dad) ends up getting stabbed......... the buck goes on the 'lamb' for all of about 8hrs.

Felt sorry for the killers dad tbh. Seemed like a proper aul lad, decent skin. His Mam seemed to be a bit more on the wilder side and probably where the son got it from.

15 stab wounds isnt self defence and thankfully the life sentence for murder reflected that.

Looks like it's not the first time he's encountered a knife going by his face

I had no love for the mother either

Seriously 15 stab wounds all over the body - sounds like he was a raving lunatic attacking him

Well deserved sentence!

• Registered Users Posts: 82,777 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

2 or 3 stabs to the stomach could be perhaps angled as some kind of self defence if they occured at the doorstep, 15 wounds was no case of self defence.

The mother should have been locked up for 6 months as a deterrent, the father though was co-operative when questioned.

Yeah was very surprised she wasn't charged. Said nothing til they told her he had already been found and arrested and was like ok I'll tell you everything to try and cover her own back

Terrific episode this week.

Self defence?....he stabbed him 15 times when the guy was across the road....

The fact he instructed the mum to get "my solicitor"...asking who "grassed" on him he clearly has a past.

The mum seemed rough and aggressive (the no comment thing was dropped pretty quickly about helping the son)....the dad seemed a tad bewildered. They were both very lucky to get no sentence at all!

• Advertisement

Don't think that lad/murderer was the sharpest tool in the box in any event. Felt sorry for the Father, seemed genuinely gutted that a life had been taken....the Mother was/is a right bitch.......she seemed more concerned that neighbours were saying ' oh, is that the estate where the murderer lives' than the fact a guy was dead. The deceased guys mother was far more decent/ civilised. I assume the 19yr sentence he got is a GENUINE 19yrs....... as in ' 19 before remission/parole'?????

It was a minimum of 19 years.

The mum was seriously rough.

Did you notice how she kept puffing away on her ciggie with the husband in the room......poor guy has COPD, that'll do him the world of good

• Registered Users Posts: 6,189 ✭✭✭Be right back

And probably an oxygen tank nearby too. She came across as a cold, tough piece of work, particularly in her first police interview.

Jeez, this is shaping up to be a "nasty" one tonight, I'm hoping this isn't going down the road I think it's going to go....not an easy watch

• Registered Users Posts: 82,777 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Yes it was a rough one, so hard for police to actually come to any conclusion when there's little or no evidence to guide them as to how the injuries actually occured. The 2 parents were absolute scummers, the father in particular trying to put the blame on the mother during his 'toilet break'. 3 years is nothing when the child's life is destroyed, he should have got 10 years to send out a signal that it's not acceptable. Hopefully the child was not given back to the mother.

Whilst the father was willing to shift blame to the mother the mother seemed very lacking in emotion in the interviews whilst being told all the injuries

Unfortunately this episode has hit close to home for me, a deep seated hatred I carry to this day

A 3yr sentence!!!!!!!! When I think of that poor toddlers lifelong injuries / brain damage......it brought a tear to my eye.....im not a vindictive/ violent kinda guy but I would like to give my own 'sentence' involving Hurley & baseball bat.....hoping he gest 'sorted' inside- you could see on cops faces they were thinking along same lines as me when that piece of sxxt came up with the 'I had to go for a weewee' palace. That poor little guy is going to need full time care for rest of his life so I think there's zero chance he'll be returned to mother.......lets be honest, she seemed incapable of making a ham sandwich on her own.

I like that show when it's good ol fashioned burglars, pimps, blackmailers, car thieves, smugglers etc. Tonight's episode DID NOT like, kudos to the cops....they tried their best

Seemed like post natal depression I thought. The fact she was so spaced out and cold worked against her but its also common to feel detatched from your child as a first time mother with PND. The father was definitely a scummer though. That video of him holding the baby in the hospital on Facebook really fcked me off because he was clearly doing it knowing he was under investigation and would need a defence. Landed himself in hot water when he admitted to being the last one with the child. Really paints that FB video in a more obvious light. Scummer trying to game the system for some sympathy and I've a feeling it worked considering the sentence at the end.

• Advertisement

Yes I thought the mother was completely out of her depth, perhaps even on medication.

His attitude of 'well would I be visiting him in the hospital if I had done it?' was interesting.

The police officer's face when the out of the blue toilet visit was announced said it all. It was unravelling for him from then on.

That 'no comment' nonsense must really piss police off.

Three years for leaving what was a perfectly normal baby deaf, blind, palsied and brain damaged? Jesus Christ.

Advertisement