Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Covid-19 measures are permanent, don't be a boiling frog!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

CQD, do you believe that asymptomatic infection exists, yes or no?

Watch now as you aren't able to answer a simple yes or no question of how your worldview forces you to be dishonest.

that gave me a good laugh, thanks!

What part exactly was I lying about?

You said:

"Nothing about that response is scientific and everything about it is to exert total control over a population and erase their rights."

I responded with my post...

On top of my post, there are actually some figures coming out that COVID and all it's associated elements (again, lockdowns, preventative measures, treatments, vaccines etc...) has surpassed research into Cancer and HIV over the last year and a half....

so to say their is no scientific merit behind it, is just blatant ignorance... but I'd expect no less in this thread

It's nice the world is black and white to you, but in reality, it's a big grey area...

The stories you keep alluding to are mostly from Israel, why do you think they are rolling out a booster?

Because their stance is to eliminate COVID, not live with some cases, eliminate it...

Vaccines will always wane, so the only way to eliminate it is to have everyone with as high an immunity possible....

What's happening elsewhere? They have accepted there will be cases, but will be protecting hospital surges... how do you do that?

That's right, you give boosters to the people who make up most of the hospital admissions, over 65's and immune compromised ..

Leaving everyone else to go about their day (UK, a lot of continental Europe)..

Italy was mentioned earlier in the thread, and was found their green pass is update with a lateral flow test if not vaccinated, so yes, another sensational headline you believed without researching...

good work, I look forward to your response, I'll need some more laughs to get through the morning slump after my totalitarian pints last night

• Subscribers Posts: 41,582 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

there used to be... all we get these days are lazy link dumps from well known grifters making it large off the backs of those vulnerable enough to swallow their tripe

• Registered Users Posts: 16,641 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Coming back to restrictions (i.e. mask wearing and COVID certs as everything else has been dropped or being dropped).

If either cases dropped to 0 or hospital and ICU cases due to COVID-19 dropped to zero, does everyone agree that masks and COVID certificates would be dropped in their entirety?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,425 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

if covid disappears then we have no need for masks or covid certs.

• Advertisement

I think the go is that governments and health organisations are going to keep lying and inflating numbers to make it so that there's never zero covid even when it had dropped to zero.

Several of our local conspiracy theorists have claimed that covid never existed in the first place.

How and why these disparate organisations are working together? We've yet to hear.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,960 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Another silly quip

Do you thank posters for patiently explaining things to you? Nope, you laugh at them. Do you challenge posters who believe that satellites don't exist, or that the "NWO" controls the world, or that preach pseudo-science about medicine? Nope, you side with them. Do you make any effort to find out basic information? Nope, you continually spout false information.

Does it ever cross your mind that all this spite is generated from your faulty beliefs, not the actual people pointing it out? I doubt it. I've seen anti-vaxxers and conspiracy theorists literally lose friends, even break bonds with families over their idiotic beliefs, and still they grind on and come to forums like this and try to create echo chambers and people wonder why it's toxic in here.

Well, it's a conspiracy theories forum..

It's pretty much where you should expect to see people claiming the NWO controls the world..and satellites don't exist..

And the forum was toxic before covid..

talk about missing the point completely... good work !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭CruelSummer

Your quote is so full of misinformation while trying to pretend mine is. But that seems to be the way it works around here.

Firstly, it’s not scientifically possible to eliminate Covid. Please show the scientific evidence demonstrating which or what vaccine leads to the “elimination” of Covid 19 as a circulating disease in society.

Secondly, Italians who don’t take the vaccine will be forced to take tests every two days at their own expense. While I agree there should be widespread testing in workplaces, even here in Ireland. I don’t think it should just be for unvaccinated - as vaccinated can also spread and transmit Covid. The vaccine does lessen the impact thankfully in the vast majority of cases. This is my issue with the Covid certs, if it was truly about infection control - testing as a requirement to enter should still be an option for people. It would help limit spread & make people aware they’re carrying the virus. Instead it seems to be used as a coercion tool to force vaccination & then boosters down the line.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

And if someone told you that satellites didn't exist would your response be "OK, you've posted it in a conspiracy forum so it must be true".

Or would you want to know a bit more about why that person thinks satellites don't exist and how TV, GPS and weather predictions happen, just for starters?

so the forum should be considered as part of fictional writing then?

since you claim it only musing from the back or someone's head....

Ok. So you're claiming that all of the conspiracy theories presented here are just made up fantasies then?

And why does this mean that people can't ask questions about conspiracies like these?

Are all the theories presented here, yours included all as equally valid as NWO and the idea that space programs are fake?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,544 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Erm what?

"England. Forcing people to use a vaccine passport, or making it impossible to live without one"

I live in England and I've never been asked for any proof that I am vaccinated.

Would I spend the day arguing with someone who thought satellites don't exist?..hardly..

Another nice strawman by the way..

Can I point out too that people who throw around names like anti vaxxer and conspiracy theorist in here seem to be just using them as slurs, and seem to be operating from a place of hate..

Hardly an environment for a reasonable debate on whether or not satellites exist..

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Why would you not discus the topic with the person who states that satellites don't exist?

Vaccine passports are looking like they will remain here now, and of all measures that's probably the most sinister, leading to a two teir society..

Had the vaccines worked things should have been OK once we reached the 'new herd immunity' of 70% injected..

Why not? Is it somehow ridiculous to suggest that space programs are faked?

And yes. If you are proposing conspiracy theories and believe them, you are a conspiracy theorist.

Because you'd have to be some sad bastard to spend your day trying to convince someone in a conspiracy theories forum that satellites exist..

I think it's reasonable to suggest we didn't go to the moon..

• Advertisement

You understand that that's exactly what one of your fellow conspiracy theorists on this forum believes, right?

Thank you for finally stating that you don't believe other conspiracy theorists mad cap ideas.

Now why should we belive yours?

You lot are tiresome..

But that's also pretty ridiculous.

To most, such an idea would be ridiculous to the point that they would dismiss you as a crazy person.

And kinda rightly as the idea is insane.

So why is your prefered conspiracy here acceptable, but the one proposed by your buddy Markus, that all space flight is faked not acceptable?

What's the difference?

I don't see one besides scale. They're both equally ridiculous.

Similarly the claims we're seeing here and similar to those ideas despite the whinging we're hearing. It's all the same poor logic and lazy thinking.

not its not... its ignorant, foolish and results in you coming across as a loon.

Didn't NASA say they'd have trouble getting past the van Allen belt a few years ago?..

Oh!

For a brief moment there I thought you were acknowledging that space flight and satellites were real things.

could you point out that mis-information please?

Yes, I do agree, lots of smoke a mirrors in here, your post I quoted being one of them...

It is possible to eliminate COVID cases in a controlled population, controlled being the key word, and yes, there are studies backing this up (from your good friends in China, but there is recent research from other countries who attempted it and a lot of new research coming from New Zealand and Australia also, Yeah Science Bitch !)....

I do agree Israel's tactic is a bit of a lost cause, but hey ho, it's their policy, if they want to attempt to eliminate cases, leave them to it...

They may as well be an island with the amount of control they have on boarders, so it may get to a point where they have net zero cases... but cases will inevitably get in if you have international travel still present, which they do.

You do realise the Italian green pass is only in place due to a state of national emergency, and is due to expire in December (21st if I remember correctly)?

Meaning you are asking people to lateral flow test twice a week for about 10 weeks or so? It's not a huge ask to be honest, and they are cheap, even cheaper if bought in bulk, but again, you are asking Italian's, the people notorious for not paying for public services and taxes, to part with any money, of course there'll be uproar ...

No. They didn't.

You are again just going off a random nonseniscal tangent because you are once again upset and huffy that people are challenging conspiracy theories and showing that they aren't true.

But thank you for demonstrating how ridiculous this argument is.

How many times has it been now we've heard "How dare you compare what I believe to those ridiculous conspiracy theories!" Only to have that same person claim something obviously ridiculous like the moon missions might have been faked.

And note again how you have completely ignored and dodged a simple yes or no question about your beliefs.

• Advertisement

do you understand what the van allen belts are?

if you did youd know they dont have the same density of radiation through them, and its possible to travel through them safely if you chart through the less dense areas and do it at speed.

so for nasa to say that its difficult to traverse the van allen belts, then 100% yes it is.

is it impossible? 100% no its not.

even a little knowledge on this stuff will go a long way towards your understanding

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement