Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,441 ✭✭✭JoeA3

The reason is very obvious. Cost cutting.

They're not the first to do it. BMW were even guilty of it with a previous gen (E60) 5 series. French manufacturers have been doing it for years too - Peugeot, Citroen.

They should be made install the wipers for us as would be suitable for their home countries.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Hurley6969

I've been looking at a few cars, petrol and electric over the last few weeks and had some test drives at the weekend. Have to say the id3 was the most fun to drive. Not a slight against VW as it's my impression across the board but I feel like committing to spending 30 odd thousand on a car is a big deal but dealers treat is as if they are doing you a favour...

Anyway, up to mid 30's would be budget the Life is just under 34 and Comfort is about 36. I believe the Comfort is a "new" trim to replace the Style. Only notable differences between the 2 trims are alloys, keyless and rear view camera. Is there anything else I'm missing? Has anyone got the Life trim and feel like they are missing out?

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭rocketspocket

Yea - mine start displaying these errors this morning however got the update pushed through (think its part2). car is updating now so i'll take for a spin this evening..

Fully charged all for free from 10%, took from around 9:20 ish to around 4 Pm, @ 11 Kw, that's a big battery lol!

Nice range on the Gom! lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,521 ✭✭✭eagerv

Arrived in Belfast earlier from south co Wexford. Left home with 70%. Topped up 20 mins Ionity and 20 mins e-cars dc outside Banbridge. Couldn’t have been easier. Needed a coffee and break anyway. A fella in an etron was charging on the ac at Banbridge and said I was lucky with the dc. Wouldn’t work for him and others! Didn’t need to stop so long but need car up here for next few days and don’t trust the charging.

Will probably do similar when returning. Couldn’t be much easier

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭rocketspocket

sounds like you have been lucky as i've sat for an hour waiting for that charger at banbridge.. the sprucefield DC is also broke so its the only fast charger north of the border on the belfast-dublin route so when heading up to belfast i do my charging south of the border as more chance of not having to wait..

Ye

yes. Saw that on the app. I can charge with the granny up here if needed. But should have enough now to get back to ionity city north. But will try the Banbridge one again on way back. Would get me home for free lol

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Bif

Question for ID3 owners…which drive do you use, D or B, and why?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,295 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Usually D, although I do prefer stronger regen.

Sport mode is perfect as it has all the bite I like but with strong regen, sadly the car is an asshole and won't stay in sport and I wouldn't be bothered changing it every time.

• Advertisement

D. Prefer car free wheels when ever possible. Will slow up with the smart regen if needs to.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,041 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

D (comfort) on main roads and B (sport) on twisty back roads.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,456 ✭✭✭✭fits

Same. B is great on the hills around here. Saves the brakes a bit.

Would you not get the same saving on brakes using D?

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭coward

On the subject of brakes, they feel weak to slow down the car. Like as if it is just the electric motor. Not sure if you would get harder braking if the car sensed the situation required it. I have tried pressing the brake when in N and braking feels very strong, probably just using drum/disc here. Usually drive in D/Comfort.

Yeah I noticed a lot less bite in the brakes too compared to the i3.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,041 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I can say the breaks definitely work. Had an idiot run a stop sign today as I was coming into a junction with the right of way to me.

I'd to slam on the breaks to stop and given the wet road I'm very surprised how quick I did manage to stop.

I test drove two ID3’s before ordering and thought the brakes were on the weak side. On the car I got the brakes feel much more powerful and better in all aspects.

I am happy with my brakes. Takes a little getting used to because of the combination of regen and normal braking. But more powerful and better feel than our Ioniq. The car is fairly heavy, so if you need to stop in an emergency you can activate the abs easily enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,391 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

Between navigation the ACC and the eco mode, I hardly use the brakes at all: Did Cahirsiveen to Nenagh, 200km, at speed limit speeds and I think I braked twice

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,189 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

how does the KM left actually work in relation to battery remaining , I was up at Roundwood at the weekend, the KM left had dropped to 97KM but knew it would go up on the downhill, so by the time I was on the N11 it had gone up to 107KM, then when it got near 100KM after that the charge battery light came on. So was just wondering is the range not exactly calculated as a % of Battery?

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

It's a best guess based on your speed and the conditions.

No 2 people will get the same range, and you won't even get the same range if you're driving chilled one day and horsing it the next. Warm weather vs driving rain etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,456 ✭✭✭✭fits

there are a good few life owners in the uk Facebook group. if the smaller battery had met our needs the life spec would have been fine for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭VWPAT

Drive in B all the time. Better control of the car. You can get the best of both worlds with B. By feathering the throttle you can use coasting which is a great way of getting better range.

Folks. Can anyone suggest how I get eFlow to apply the EV discount to my account. I have messaged them and emailed them but no luck or reply yet! Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭remoteboy

Probably not the answer you’re looking for but I use a 3rd party provider rather than deal directly with M50. I’ve registered with them as an EV and they refund me in real time.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,298 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

I've only ever had success when I called them, I'm fairly sure the email account just goes direct to trash

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭cannco253

Call them.

Wait 50 minutes.

Hope someone answers who knows something about EVs, and doesn't hang up on you.

Receive the "you should get an email in about a week" spiel.

Wait a week/month

...rinse and repeat...

Dunno how they didn't get named in the customer service report published today.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Sam the Sham

I see that the Patara is due in Dublin this Friday (who ever thought I'd be religiously checking marine traffic?).

My VIN has been up on MyVolkswagen for at least 2 weeks now, so I'm going to assume my car is on that boat.

Question for those who have been through this: how long should I expect between the arrival of the boat and the day I can collect the car?

• Advertisement

Longer than you'd think. Mine arrived in on Monday I think, didn't get to the dealer until Friday afternoon.

Advertisement