Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part XII *Read OP For Mod Warnings*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭darconio

But...but... how can that happen when the unvaccinated, the very reason why we didn't fully reopen, have been left out? Coming friday Covid is going to disappear, the ICU and hospital beds will be only occupied by the few hardcore anti-vaxxers engaging in private party and cans in the park events: that will teach them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭landofthetree

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,136 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Minimum of 5 months after initial vaccination (2nd jab where appropriate) for the over 60s, so if the extend it to under 60s I would imagine a similar timescale

• Registered Users Posts: 18,211 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

But only the vaccinated will be in there due to the need for covid certs so the unvaccinated can't be blamed for these superspeader events. What is the actual end game here? If vaccinated people can't now gather anywhere without people freaking out over superspeader events then we're goosed altogether and there will never be an end to this even if we had 100% vaccinated in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Whocanibe

Someone asked about Covid Certs and Boosters. I had a booster two weeks ago because of health issues.

I got a little card, there's two boxes to be ticked on it, one is Extra shot, the other is Booster. If that means a fourth Booster I'm not sure. I'm done with it now. The extra shot does not show up on the cert.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,511 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Only home from work and haven't heard anything about the re-opening until 15 minutes ago, very confusing and I've a lot of questions.

1. Are pub opening hours back to normal or does everywhere have to close at 11.30pm still? Has anyone a link to where they have read about this?
    2. Will pubs, restaurants, indoor concerts still have capacity restrictions?
    3. Do late bars fall into the pub or nightclub category?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭bokale

VFI on matt Cooper saying the unvaccinated are punishing the vaccinated.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

• Registered Users Posts: 15,069 ✭✭✭✭charlie14

You mention smokers ,if you are a smoker you have been restricted from doing so wherever you feel like for the past 17 years. Do you believe all those restrictions should be lifted as well.

The figures show that for both ICU and hospital beds, the numbers occupying both are are disproportionally greater by those unvaccinated compared to those vaccinated.

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭foxsake

you've been lied to from the start.

flatten the curve , vaccine the vulnerable , vaccinate everybody

that has been done.

common sense would tell you at some stage we will need to face up to covid and live with it. but these decisions aren't common sense.

the truth is NPHET and the cabinet have no idea how to proceed and never had but led by the most dithering donkey of a Taoiseach ever - we have fallen into a cycle of indecision and pussyfooting about. Next Spring is 2 years of this . That's insane.

Its' clear the vaccines aren't great and NPHET don't have that much confidence in them.

The vaccine was the solution so what is with the delay in moving on.

For NPHET to be blaming the unvaxx'd is pure distraction , when the reality is everybody who is vulnerable and willing is vaxx'd .

so who is left? the unwilling and the young .

none of whom number greatly in a population terms and who aren't at that much of a risk

shambles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭foxsake

a load of gimps, they did fcuk all for their member the last near 2 years.

wrongly picking on a demonised group is society is lame.

It's not the unvaxx'd it's the government made this decision. plain and simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

No , they don't. Another utter lie, as demonstrated by the post just above yours.

I'd be ok for these restrictions if establishments could choose if they were for only allowing vaccinated people to be admitted entry.

That way, anyone who was hesitant to be around the unvaccinated could chose to be in a place where only vaccinated people were admitted.

It's mad to think that that people who are fully vaccinated and have no issue with boosters still mingle with people whose children go to school with kids whose parents are unvaccinated

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭B2021M

So nightclubs will reopen with mingling but pubs are table service only? And in both cases only vaccinated people inside? Unbelievable

I dunno what they did or didn't do to their member haha

• Registered Users Posts: 5,621 ✭✭✭giveitholly

In all fairness that was what the Government and NHPET were pushing last week on the airwaves and their agenda has worked because various groups and associations have picked up on it. Their deflection from their combined incompetence has worked a treat

Didn't think the vintners would turn on the unvaccinated like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Someone gave an example of smokers earlier on in the thread. Those who are currently unvaccinated and can be vaccinated would be similar in attitude and many are probably very firm in their views so no amount of abuse is going to shift them. As some less reactionary heads have suggested it's a question of trying to figure out why people have such positions and to see if some can be persuaded to change their minds. There are no guarantees they will but that is all you can do. 

• Registered Users Posts: 2,841 ✭✭✭TomTomTim

Whatever about hate speech laws, I wonder about general "right to refuse" standards:

"The right to refuse a person to enter your licensed premises may be found to be discrimination if based on one of the following: - Not allowing males/females enter i.e. gender ground - Person is of different marital status i.e. marital status ground - Person has different family background i.e. family status ground - Person has different sexual orientation i.e. sexual orientation ground - Person has different religious belief i.e. religion ground - Person is of different age than another i.e. age ground - Person has a disability i.e. disability ground - Person is of different race, colour, nationality or ethnic origins i.e. ground of race - Person is a member of the Traveller Community - Person has made a complaint or co-operated with investigation under the Equal Status Acts i.e. the victimisation ground"

Many thing on that list surround choices and not immutable things, so I don't see how being unvaccinated wouldn't fit in there somewhere, especially when you consider the fact that unvaccinated people really aren't anymore of a risk to anyone than the vaccinated, regardless of what the zealots scream. In a just country, with good judges, a legal challenge could bare some fruit, but in modern Ireland you'd sadly be wasting your time.

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

• Registered Users Posts: 13,317 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Irish solution to an Irish problem stuff.

Conservatives being dragged kicking and screaming to this point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,977 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

That shower along with the RAI adept at apportioning blame, two reps interviewed on virgin media news just now, tiresome moaning and whinging.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,857 ✭✭✭growleaves

Very lame propaganda I wonder does anyone really fall for it? You can waltz over to countries with 70% vaxx'd and sit in nightclubs all night.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,621 ✭✭✭giveitholly

They want to keep their business open,isn't it funny ,previous to this day last week there wasn't one peep out of anyone about the unvaccinated preventing us from removing all restrictions next friday(bar masks of course). Then suddenly there is a media campaign from Government and NHPET officials blaming the unvaccinated for the country not opening. And now you have a lot of people falling over themselves blaming the unvaccinated.

Look at the Claire Byrne show last night,they had someone planted in the audience looking for passports to come in for supermarkets and the lot. The Joe O'Shea was on with a tirade against the unvaccinated

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Parachutes

2399 new cases, what a way to end what has to be the most surreal day of this pandemic, utter confusion, bizzare statements it's just beggars belief really 😳

Think they'd be clever and sit on the fence.. no need to be losing future customers!

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Parachutes

How long until they will start calling people who won’t take boosters “anti-vaccine” even though they’ve had two doses. Beyond a joke at this stage.

Clever is unfortunately not a trait often portrayed by representative bodies 😏

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,317 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Advertisement