Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

Ffs, poxed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,044 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Holy sht that bounce could've gone so badly!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭jebidiah

Wow, if you see Henderson and Milner fluffing things you know there is a problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

whats going on at the back lads???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Van Dijk looks jaded out there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,672 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

The ball over the top is just opening the defence up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Lamar running off Keita every single time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

That kid Felix looks class.

First time I've watched him. Big price they paid for him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,949 ✭✭✭dogbert27

Half time can't come fast enough for us

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Ottoman_1000

It's so simple and it's doing us everytime!! We need half time badly....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

Midfield getting roasted the last while. Fab is, and always will be, a loss when he doesn't play.

He's playing well in their half - I'm not sure why he's even being put in the position of covering so deep in our own half, he should be the last to be back in that sort of position, after both Hendo and Milner.

Fabinho for Keita the obvious change.

they allowing Robertson free all the time...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Fair play to Madrid for coming back into it but Liverpool seemed to completely lose the run of themselves.

• Advertisement

Have we had a shot at goal since Naby's goal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,110 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

A half of two halves, epitomised by none more so than Keita. Playing really well for 20 mins and then completely buckles under the pressure of the home fans and players and is losing every challenge and being soft in general. Fabinho needed.

Even just swapping Milner for Keita would be huge - Milner's the midfielder staying furthest forward for some crazy reason. Would much rather Keita be that out ball, and Milner be the one covering.

Is Keita supposed to be right midfield? TAA being left exposed every time against Lamar and Felix.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,931 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Fab badly missed in the DM role I don't think either of there goals happen if he's on the pitch.

• Advertisement

they are steaming into the back of our players and leaving the foot in.... it's time to start going down once or twice... we are very green..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Lets not forget these are the Spanish champions so its going to be a tough game

Good job we took those two chances, we could be four down at HT.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

We were the kings of game management the year we won the league (and the year previous). We'd get a goal and the game was done, we'd slow it down and keep the ball. I'd be shocked if we gave up more than a handful of leads across each of those season but since then we just don't adjust when we get a lead. Just continue as if we need to keep scoring. We need to get back to killing games after getting a lead, just shut it down for 20 minutes.

Madrid are no mugs but that second goal was a gift, think they had 2-3 players in our half versus the 6 or 7 we had but no one got close to either Felix or Griezmann. Alisson keeping us in this half, could easily have been four for Madrid without him.

I always think we play well straight after half time so hopefully same again and Klopp sorts them out. Simone will be sending them out for the win after the last 25 minutes, a draw is a good result, no need to fly forward and leave gaps.

I think so. Henderson in Fabs position tonight.

Fab on and Henderson right should balance out the midfield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Yeah I think he's on the right and Henderson is playing DM. Obvious more is to move Henderson out there and bring on Fabinho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Feels like the Milan game again

I've been wondering that too....what's going on down the right? it's basically 2on1 everytime!!!

Keita doesn’t track runners. Gonna lead to 2 on 1’s. Lamar is running and Keita follows him for a bit then just lets him go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭Zak Flaps

He was on the pitch vs Brentford, they scored 3 and could have easily scored more.

• Advertisement

Looking at the second goal again Naby should have clipped Felix's legs early and taken a yellow

Sami Hyppia highlighting VVD not getting close enough to Griezmann on a number of occasions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

They seem to be overloading and concentrating their play down their left/our right. Trent and Matip under a lot of pressure, and next to no protection from Kieta, who is too easy pushed off the ball for both goals. They are also bypassing the press with long balls behind the full backs rather than playing through the midfield.

Obvious change is Fabinho on for Kieta, but Bobby is anonymous, neither attacking effectively or dropping onto koke when they have the ball, they have a lot of time on the ball in midfield.

The problem is tho we don't look near as comfortable defensively as we did that season. VVD barley allow a player get a shot away let alone a goal that season....the reality is we are just giving away way too many chances against decent opposition this season. The best teams we have played Chelsea until they went to 10, City and now Madrid are creating clear cut chances at will. Even Brentford because they decided to have a go unlike some of the drose we played in the PL this season could have had 5 against us... We need to get back to some serious basics defensively if we are to be successful this season!

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Bloc Party!

Hopefully same as Milan again and we come out the same as that game in second half. A draw wouldn’t be a bad result but not too confident in not conceding again with the way we’re defending

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

So poor structurally.

Midfield bypassed at will.

Poor enough analysis from Didi there... Keita fcked up, but there was a lot more on top to talk about. Like for the first, Keita's man beat him to pull it back outside the box - but Koke is standing there completely unmarked to take a free shot, totally unchallenged. Not a mention of it.

Suarez still to come off the bench 🙈

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 775 ✭✭✭RonanG86

Sorry mate, but he's been poor. I don't understand why there's always an excuse for him. What use is a midfielder who can't play in his own half? Hendo's the deepest tonight, Milner (who hasn't been spectacular either, btw. I think he's getting too far forward) and Keita are either side. Covering the fullback's forward runs is part of their job, that's the system we use. If they can't do it we have no use of them.

The reality is, as so many times in the past, Keita checked out of the game in the 25th minute and has barely tried a leg since. There was one moment in the first half where he was wandering around marking no one in midfield whilst Firmino was bursting a gut to get back and cover the space on the right flank. And another where he jogged slowly at their right center back when he was looking to clear from near their right corner flag instead of really going after him to force a bad pass or block it down. I really thought that excellent goal he scored would give him some confidence and he'd go on to have a good game, but after he got roasted on the first goal by Lemar he's not done a thing. We mock United relentlessly for, among other things, persisting with Pogba, a player who's potentially world class but doesn't bother most of the time, yet we have our own version of Pogba in Keita, who continues to pull the wool over the eyes of a significant portion of the fanbase.

Now here's hoping he makes me eat my words by tearing Athletico a new one in the second half.

I think I my player would beat your player in Top Trumps! 😄

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

Fab on for Naby

Klopp looking at Fab preparing himself. A change is coming

• Administrators Posts: 54,114 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Klopp doesn't do half time subs so he must have a fairly low opinion of Keita's first half showing...

It was obvious that that change was needed. Happy Klopp called it at half time instead of waiting any longer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Fab already showing the improvement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Ah fuccccccck

Ohh Bollox.....

Oh no, he's been rubbish defensively - I'm just confused as to why he's the one coming deeper than Milner, when Milner's a much better covering midfielder, and Keita's a much better attacking midfielder. Consistently, Keita's been the one coming back with Hendo, finding himself right by our own touchline, while Milner is staying out as the out-ball. Keita's just not the guy you want in that position, and we all know that, so I'm not sure why it's happening. It's just asking for trouble.

(I just fundamentally disagree with the second paragraph, but sure we've had this conversation before, and the fact that Keita consistently has the highest pressing stats in the team seems to make no difference)

Some ball watching going on at the back there. They play and 1-2 and nobody tracks the first player.

• Advertisement
Advertisement