Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long does it usually take in bank to transfer funds from one account to new account?

• 16-10-2021 4:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭

Intend to transfer money from my old bank account (Ulster Bank) to new bank account in AIB.

Does this take long to do in the bank generally?

Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,009 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

I'm assuming you've done this via ETF ,electronic transfer 🤔

It very much depends on how you processed the transfer , for example if you've done this electronically anything up to 48 hrs but most banks 24 hours and some on the same day. Its very dependent on what time of day you processed request.

So for example if I transfer from my KBC to An Post or N26 early , it will reach other accounts by 5pm approx same day. I believe ETFs are done in batches twice/ three times daily, if you processed after lunch, it will be the next day. Finally, if you did this on Sat/Sun, it may not be processed until Monday and most likely reach new account late Monday, possibly Tuesday.

Keep in mind you may have a daily limit permitted to be transferred.

As you've not been specific, I'm assuming you've done the transfer electronically.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭I am me123

Thanks.

Forgot to mention I wish to transfer everything in my current account in Ulster Bank to newly opened AIB current account. Are transfers of money between accounts allowed to be carried out altogether or will it require more than one appointment with existing bank to do this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,146 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Before 10am on a working day it will be in the Ulster Bank account the next working day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,967 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

I changed over from ulsterbank recently, just transferred using my phone to the new account. Would only let you transfer max 25K each day.

Thanks. Is it difficult to transfer via the banking app? If doing this via appointment in bank will I need more than one appointment to transfer?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭dotsman

No, this is a very simple thing. Along with the rest of the modern world, you transfer via website or via app. I don't know why you would think you need an "appointment". How have you been transferring money up to this stage of your life?

Thanks. Does that mean that all monies in my account cannot be transferred at once if above 25k?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,967 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

No idea if you can do larger transfers through the bank but I could only transfer 25K each day, also sorry it was online not on the phone. I just setup a transfer for the first day for 25k then straight away made another transfer and put the next day on it for 25k and then again made another one with the following day until I had all transfers set up.

So if you have 54k in the bank - just setup your transfers all in one go as below.

E.G, 10th - 25k, 11th - 25k, 12th - 4k

Money was always in the new account next working day.

Advertisement