Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Pixel 6/Pixel 6 Pro

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Am I Evil?

Managed to finally grab the green that I wanted! Delivery for the end of the month. Picked up a case too which is delivered the week after! Very helpful

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Rattlehead_ie

God dammit, pay day hurry up!

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭LeeroyJ.

Ordered Black Pro 256GB, Delivery showing 26/27 Oktober, lets see what happens. Anyone been charged yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭micks_address

Definitely winning. Last 3 hours was joke shop. These aren’t ps5s..

Anyone have suggestions for a screen protector? Also do they have face unlock like the pixel 4 had?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭wassie

Probably timing to do with phone not available instore in US until 28th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭beardo81

Went ahead and ordered the 6 in green. Can cancel if the reviews aren't too hot but I think it looks like a good phone. The free headphones make it a bit of a steal...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Won't be charged until it ships according to confirmation email

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,225 ✭✭✭✭flazio

According to Tech Spurt, no face unlock, screen mounted fingerprint scanner.

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Silver-Tiger

Left it for a while. Went for a run. Order of 6 Seafoam went through right away. Delivery 27/28 Oct

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭d0157063

most of the options in 6/pro are back and available to order now......in case someone is still trying...no 256 in Pixel 6 option though.......ordered 6 sorta seafoam.....cant wait......

Black standard 6 ordered without much fuss

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

Anyone know if Android 12 has a desktop mode?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,087 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Ordered the black 6 without any fuss, headphones make it a no brainer. Annoying that you have to buy the charger separately.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 429 ✭✭WezzyB

Ordered both the pixel 6 pro 256 and pixel 6 128, not sure which one I'll go with, won't hang on to both! Took over an hour of refreshing, during kids bedtime.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Also ordered a 6 and 6 pro both 128gb. One will be cancelled and hopefully the review embargo lifts before they are dispatched.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,086 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

No face unlock. I'll miss that from my 4XL. Didn't like it at first but now I think it's great.

Ordered a 256GB Pro. My wife got the Bose headphones with her 5 last year. Now I can stop robbing them :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,156 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

I've ordered the Pro 128gb in white. The review embargo is making me a tad nervous, it's estimated for delivery in a week so not sure if the reviews will be out before I can cancel. They have a 15 day return policy anyway but you need to pay for return shipping.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

I'd expect it's probably due to the fact the final software is not released yet and the pixel is always heavily dependent on software magic. Also some tech YouTubers are getting too powerful now (mkbhd, whostheboss, Lew) and they've pretty much sold out and are 100% marketing for the big companies rather than a true reviewer and when they don't get that premier review before the rest they obviously don't like it.

Let's see what the reviews say on the 25th 🤞

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,320 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I just put in an order for the Seafoam 6 there now. Delivery date of 28 October.

Wipl sell my P30 Pro and either the Bose 700 or my QC35ii and hopefully recover €400 towards the phone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,497 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Yes, left it alone around 8 and didn't bother anymore. Kinda gave up!

Went back there a few mins ago and seen the Pro in stock again.

Went for the 128Gb Black version as I have a 256GB Nord here and have 190 gigs free, so 128 will be plenty!

My delivery date was 27/28 for phone and charger and 9/10 Nov for the fooking case 😆

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭biebiebie

Android 12 stable got released today. Received it on my Pixel 3a.

Like you say. Google wants reviews based on the stable version. Although the Beta worked very nicely for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭walshy_c

I see the UK site is offering a trade in. Giving me an estimated value of £210 for my Pixel 5. I have an address I can use in the north. Will there be any issues with buying on the UK site with the trade in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭TheRona

You should be able to sell the Pixel 5 yourself for around €300 without too much bother. That's what I'll probably do if the other half doesn't want it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,480 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Tempted.

Someone mentioned 10% off when signing up to Google One storage.. Can't see this advertised on the sign up page though? Is it working?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,475 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Gah, tempted by this now. I have a Pixel 4a which is fine. I wonder would this be worth the upgrade. Might wait until the reviews on Monday. Liking Android 12 though so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

I pre ordered the seafoam version. Had planned to get the pro but the extras do not justify the extra price, plus I prefer the Matt finishes to the regular 6.

Might use the savings for a new WearOS watch next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 699 ✭✭✭dazzday

I assume that it being available on Vodafone means we might get WiFi calling for Vodafone network?

Any other networks planning to have it available?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭opus

Interesting to see this morning that the delivery date has changed to 26/27th Oct from 15/16th Nov yesterday. Hopefully the former is correct 🙂

• Advertisement

Advertisement