Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭micks_address

• Registered Users Posts: 7,185 ✭✭✭pad199207

I see the yellow colour is no longer available

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Decoda

I was given a build week 49 and a provisional delivery date near the end of Februray. Hard to know if its realistic or not. Would anyone know at what stage can i start the homecharger application process? When will the dealer be able to provide me with the application ID?

Any aassistance appreciated.

D.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭crassusg

For the SEAI grant for the home charger you need to apply for that as soon as you get the application number from the dealer (after you pay deposit). The SEAI grant is good for 6 months after you apply so just be confident the car is arriving within that time before you apply i made it by 3 weeks. Youll need to have the SEAI grant sorted before installing the charger.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

hey all

looking at possibly purchasing one of these , moving from diesel

what grants are available ? i've no idea what the financial outlay would be on a monthly basis , i have the obvious car cost per month , but what government discount if any would be available ? cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,372 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Any grants for the purchase price will be factored in by the dealership already

You can get €600 towards a home charger if you have a driveway, and also 50% off tolls

This is on top of low road tax (€120) and very low fuel costs. Maintainence is also pretty cheap, ID cars only require inspection every 2 years, no mileage limits

Insurance will generally be the same compared to an ICE car

I have a calculator for working out the savings, if you put in your annual mileage, fuel consumption, tax and insurance amounts then you can work out the savings

Alternatively you can send on your numbers and I'll have a bash at it. Earlier I found that once guy doing 100,000km per year would save €6000 compared to a diesel 😲

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Depends on the price of the car you end up with, but the ID.4 brochure tells you the prices with the current grants applied.

The higher specd/priced car you buy, the lower PCP rate VW can offer. The big high range ID.4 have 1.9% APR vs 3.9%/4.9% APR for the City or Family specs. All here - https://www.volkswagen.ie/en/new-cars/ID4.html#offers

Your monthly costs are your finance, if you go that route. Any government grants will be taken off the principal immediately on purchase. Your day to day running costs will be about 1c-2c/km given a good night rate electricity rate. Depending on annual mileage it can save you thousands a year vs Diesel, but you'd need to do the math - annual mileage, max daily miles driven, cost of charging (can you charge at home, can you get a night rate, can you charge for free at work).

currently spend €50 a week diesel and get about 400-450km out of that

now i'm looking at going down the pcp route ( not sure on model yet as it depends on price incl grants )

i'll be using my car ( 152 gtd ) as the deposit

then i'll be putting money aside to either pay the baloon payment and keep car or roll into new pcp

so i spend about €7800 on diesel over 3 years and €570 so all in all €8370 on fuel and tax over 3 years

so while i don't want the top of the range ( would love one but $$$ ) i don't want entry level either , so i'm not sure which one to get

has anybody gone down the pcp route and whats it costing you per month ?

I took a rough stab at it and here's what the calculator spat out

You'd be looking to save around €1500 per year by going electric. You didn't mention any tolls as part of your commute, but if there are then you'd get 50% off those toll fees as well

Sounds like your regaulr commute is around 80km, an ID.4 can manage several days of this without needing a recharge. So you won't need to deal with public charging unless you're taking a long trip. There was a smaller battery version, but VW have paused orders of that because of the chip shortages

I'd say even the base level ID.4 is pretty well specced, but it's up to you what creature comforts you're willing to spend money on. In general the better PCP rates are more the more expensive models, so it's worth talking to the dealership

One way of looking at it is that you can afford up to €120 a month and break even considering the savings on running costs

Also, not to put you off, but there is quite a long waiting list for delivery of ID.4s (and cars in general). You'd probably be looking at 6 months from order date to delivery. I'd recommend trying to lock in your trade in value on your current car as it will likely have lost some more value between you ordering and delivery day

• Advertisement

yeah will speak to them again on saturday and see what my options are

so gov grants are included at source ? so if the car is €45k and grant is €5k i'd only be paying €40k ???

I'm guessing you're looking at the ID.4 Life? I'm afraid the €45k is the price after the subsidies, so that's the price you pay

• Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

It's wrong. Scroll down to where they list the trimlines. Starts at €50110 for the Life spec. That's pre grants, of which you'd be entitled to €5000 from SEAI. There's no VRT relief because the car costs more than €50k. On the road price would be €45110 before any dealing.

EDIT: For some reason when you select that model, the base price goes up to 51445. Probably some BS delivery charge, and metalic paint is extra. On the road is more like €46500 before any deals.

PCP APR on the life is 4.9% APR

• Registered Users Posts: 16,048 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Want to buy the best electric vehicle available from a mainstream manufacturer as well as the best looking one then the KIA EV6 is what you should be looking at especially if you want a desirable electric car

it the new electric crossover to have?

It rather depends what else you’re considering, such is the difficulty in pinning down segment straddlers such as this. It’s cheaper than the Jaguar I-Pace but just as enjoyable to drive, it’s got more sporting appeal than the Ioniq 5 but is equally well equipped, and it has bags more kerb appeal than a Volkswagen ID 4 GTX but costs only slightly more. 

A back-to-back test with its closest rivals will be the ultimate decider, obviously, but perhaps it suffices to say that this is an electric car that brings not just pace, efficiency and utility to the table, but also character and desirability.There are a good many more cars to come from Hyundai's and Kia’s E-GMP architecture, and the EV6 has continued the good work of the Ioniq 5 in ensuring we’re very excited about those yet to be unwrapped.

and it has bags more kerb appeal than a Volkswagen ID 4 GTX but costs only slightly more. 

but also character and desirability.There are a good many more cars to come

Note Character, desirability and way more Kerp appeal than a dull VW.

I bet ye never though ye would see the day a Kia is better and more desireablie than a VW.

Well today is that day.

HOME› TOPICS› MOTORING & TRANSPORT› MOTORS› ELECTRIC VEHICLES & HYBRIDS› KIA EV6

×How to add spoiler tags, edit posts, add images etc. How to - a user's guide to the new version of Boards

Unbookmark

Kia EV6

«123456»

Comments

• Casperbhoy
    • Registered Users
    • From the EV6 spec sheet - its 60k for the GT line and 55k for the earth model.
    • uestion would the BIK be calculated after the grant is removed (retail value) or is it the gross price?

• pdpmur
    • Registered Users
    • Kia hasn't said anything about importing to Ireland the version with the lower capacity battery.
    • Presumably Kia wants to maximise the number of high value sales first.
    • Kia might also be worried about cannabilising sales from the eNiro.
    • Flag
    •  Quote 2
    • Thanks!
    •  
    • Advertisement

• graememk
    • Registered Users
    • pdpmurOct 6, 2021
    • Kia hasn't said anything about importing to Ireland the version with the lower capacity battery.
    • Presumably Kia wants to maximise the number of high value sales first.
    • Kia might also be worried about cannabilising sales from the eNiro.

• It's a big car, much bigger than the e niro.
    • The ev 4 or 5 is rumoured to be e niro size, I can't remember.
    • Flag
    •  Quote 1
    • Thanks!
    •  
    • Pivot Eoin
    • Registered Users
    • Don't understand, everyone saying I'll wait for the EV6 over Ioniq 5. Seems at base price level they're gonna be €12k apart. Are people expecting some version of EV6 in or around €45k on the road?
    • Flag
    •  Quote Thanks!
    •  
    • Advertisement

• Miscreant
    • Registered Users
    • Pivot EoinOct 17, 2021
    • Don't understand, everyone saying I'll wait for the EV6 over Ioniq 5. Seems at base price level they're gonna be €12k apart. Are people expecting some version of EV6 in or around €45k on the road?

• I was thinking this myself. I actually prefer the look of the inside and outside of the EV6 over the Ioniq 5 but the price of the Kia is eye wateringly expensive in comparison. I doubt it will come down to the same price level TBH.
    • Flag
    •  Quote Thanks!
    •  
    • unkel
    • Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators
    • Pivot EoinOct 17, 2021

• Ioniq 5 is from €38k on the road.
    • Flag
    •  Quote Thanks!
    •  
    • Bandana boy
    • Registered Users
    • They are near identical priding though at similar specs , the EV6 is only offering a higher spec of car
    • Flag
    •  Quote Thanks!
    •  
    • Bandana boy
    • Registered Users
    • Not Quite
    • The Hyundai 73kw premium is 49K
    • The 73KW premium plus is 53.5K
    • The 73KW PP AWD is 65K
    • For Kia
    • they are offering a 77KW at 50K and the GT line at 54.3K
    • Certainly the extras on the GT line and the Premium plus look very similar
    • Flag
    •  Quote 1
    • Thanks!
    •  

• Is it the new electric crossover to have?
    • It rather depends what else you’re considering, such is the difficulty in pinning down segment straddlers such as this. It’s cheaper than the Jaguar I-Pace but just as enjoyable to drive, it’s got more sporting appeal than the Ioniq 5 but is equally well equipped, and it has bags more kerb appeal than a Volkswagen ID 4 GTX but costs only slightly more. 
    • A back-to-back test with its closest rivals will be the ultimate decider, obviously, but perhaps it suffices to say that this is an electric car that brings not just pace, efficiency and utility to the table, but also character and desirability.There are a good many more cars to come from Hyundai's and Kia’s E-GMP architecture, and the EV6 has continued the good work of the Ioniq 5 in ensuring we’re very excited about those yet to be unwrapped.
    • and it has bags more kerb appeal than a Volkswagen ID 4 GTX but costs only slightly more. but also character and desirability.
    • The most important words there more appeal than a VW ID4 GTX and Desirability on a KIA.
    • I agree with that all. It certainly does indeed.
    • Going to post this in the VW ID4 post too lol they will be up in arms lol not believing there inferior ID4 is worse than a KIA lol

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

but its a kia

enough said

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭hold my beer

What in the name of jaysus is that post. My eyes hurt

• Registered Users Posts: 9,563 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

That price is for the base model 52kWh (smaller battery) version......which isn't actually available currently!

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Summer2020

you might get lucky and get a cancellation on one of the smaller battery versions. Ask your dealer to put you on a cancellation list if that’s what you want.

Ms

YE because VW are so great. A company that was founded by a fascist. A company that cheats and makes cars that pollute way more than they say. A company that said there cars were safe when they were not safe. The only thing VW ever made good is Van's.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement
    Ms

Want to buy the best electric vehicle available from a mainstream manufacturer as well as the best looking one then the KIA EV6 is what you should be looking at especially if you want a desirable electric car

it the new electric crossover to have?

It rather depends what else you’re considering, such is the difficulty in pinning down segment straddlers such as this. It’s cheaper than the Jaguar I-Pace but just as enjoyable to drive, it’s got more sporting appeal than the Ioniq 5 but is equally well equipped, and it has bags more kerb appeal than a Volkswagen ID 4 GTX but costs only slightly more. 

A back-to-back test with its closest rivals will be the ultimate decider, obviously, but perhaps it suffices to say that this is an electric car that brings not just pace,efficiency and utility to the table, but also character and desirability.There are a good many more cars to come from Hyundai's and Kia’s E-GMP architecture, and the EV6 has continued the good work of the Ioniq 5 in ensuring we’re very excited about those yet to be unwrapped.

Note Quate: and it has bags more kerb appeal than a Volkswagen ID 4 GTX but costs only slightly more. 

Quote: but also character and desirability.There are a good many more cars to come

Note Character, desirability and way more Kerp appeal than a dull VW.

I bet ye never though ye would see the day a Kia is better and more desireablie than a VW.

Well today is that day.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Ms

So small-minded.

You stay with your unreliable fascist VW then.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,079 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

WTF is going on

• Registered Users Posts: 23,516 ✭✭✭✭ted1

I have no idea, but it looks like we're being invaded by a Kia salesman

• Registered Users Posts: 9,563 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

• Registered Users Posts: 14,971 ✭✭✭✭elperello

I was in town this AM and saw an ID4 and thought that looks nice so I came onto this thread to check out the info.

Looks like I got ye on a bad day 🙂

Will check back tomorrow !

Yeah we were having a decent run before Godwin's law got broken 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Looks like we need to restart the Internet Debate Safety Counter😄

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 tippbiffo

Have pulled the trigger on an id4 life 3 weeks ago. Was in two minds if i was making the right call. But since handing over €400 to service the van and seeing the price of fuel go up 40 cent in the last year I’m more that happy to enter the world of the EV. I commute 220 km a day plus m50 tolls. However it will look strange with my EV charging outside my house while I burn turf in my open fire.

Advertisement