Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Pixel 6/Pixel 6 Pro

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,381 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Caved and ordered one this morning. Won't be that big of an upgrade on the xiaomi mi 9 I've had for the last 2 and a half years but, eh, I like shiny new things and the headphones make it a no brainer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭micks_address

i kinda like the look of the sorta sunny model after watching some videos this morning.. was tempted to change order but they out of stock on the ireland store at least... best not fudge the order anyway.. anyone have experience of in screen finger print sensors and screen protectors?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,381 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

My xiaomi is an in screen sensor and has had no issues working with a tempered glass screen protector.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭henke

Ordered the Sorta Seafoam Pixel 6 and a case. Expected Delivery 28/29th October. Been looking forward to this phone for a while and was so disappointed it apparently wasn't going to be available in the Irish Play Store and thought I would have to go up North. Delighted when I discovered this morning it was available on the Irish store. The price is excellent when you consider the headphones included also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,320 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I actually need to get a case for my one. I didn't want the leather one and the €29 one is see through I think which doesn't appeal to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭MoodeRator

Online chat with Vodafone says that they MIGHT also have the Pro available next week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭wassie

Eir has Wifi calling (on billpay) but as they dont sell Google phones its not supported. For Wifi calling to work, the device must have the be capable but the network must also support the device. Wifi calling has been around since 2015, but Irish networks operators are very slow to bring these helpful technologies to market. I dont think Three even offer it still (I stand to be corrected on this).

let us know what you order. i ordered the stormy grey see through one for my black pro... but doesnt look that awesome

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭beardo81

Ordered the Sorta Seafoam 6 but the Stormy Black in this video actually looks great.....Too many nice options!!

Are people gonna hold onto the Bose Headphones or sell on to help with the cost of the phone? Think that is what I will do, not sure I need high end cans.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,087 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭MoodeRator

I never knew Vodafone offered wifi calling :)

I already have the Sony xm3 over ear so don’t need both. Will comp and sell one on

Its offered for the Pixel 4A 5G & 5 so safe to assume the 6 & 6 PRO will be supported.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,320 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I've got someone to buy my P30 Pro for €280 and will sell the Bose 700 as I already have QC35ii. Think I'll list them around €225 and take a bit less.

New phone for around €200 hopefully.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,156 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

There's going to be an awful lot of unopened Bose 700s for sale in a few months, the price might take a bit of a hit. I had the original QC35s which broke last year and Bose replaced them with a brand new pair of QC35 ii, I looked into selling them and getting the Sony's instead but there were too many going on Adverts because of last year's Pixel deal and it just wasn't worth it.

I don’t think there’s going to be a lot of pixel owners here in general. It’s a niche market. If you are not Apple you are probably Samsung or one plus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,137 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

What's the story with esim in Ireland? I currently have a oneplus 7Pro dual SIM (Work and personal). This hs dual SIM in that it has nano-SIM and esim. A quick google suggests only Vodafone in Ireland have option. Anyone had any experience with esim?

I use an overseas eSIM and a physical SIM for Ireland - easy to setup, use and swap between the two services. You can also fully customizse & control how the phone uses the two services (eg default SIM for calls & sms, limit data services to one or both etc

Again Irish networks are late to the party with eSIMs, despite them constantly telling us how advanced their networks are. Ive had my overseas eSIM for over 2 years.

Only aware of VF at the moment. Three were proposing to use it but not sure yet. VF details here https://n.vodafone.ie/support/mobile/esim-support-faqs.html

Good article here about eSIMs in Ireland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,497 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Currently I have a dual sim OP Nord with a chip for 48 as the main SIM and VF as the second SIM.

I'm assuming that I can have the same setup with the Pixel? 48 as the physical SIM and then the VF provisioned on eSIM!

Does it matter that I'm PAYG with VF?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 789 ✭✭✭RonnieL

I have some one4all vouchers I would love to use to buy one of these. I see vodafone take the vouchers. Anyone know if I'd be able to go into a shop and pre-order with one4all's? I tried ringing vodafone, but it just goes through to a central number, and the girl didn't have a clue.

Should be able to, but Ive had a lot of problems with One4all in the past. May also depends on if its a physical or digital voucher. I always end up using them on groceries at Tesco and redirect that money towards what ever I want to purchase and save the hassle - YMMV.

VF support eSim on both Bill pay or Pay as you.

Just remove the eSIM on your old device first, then follow the steps as if you were activating a new eSIM (i.e. get the QR code from My Vodafone). Ive done this with Pixel 3A & 4A, and will do the same with the 6.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Scorp8397

I ordered pixel 6 pro black. But my card hasn't been charged.(Not even for authorisation) is it normal?

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Chibs

Same for me. They charge the card when they are ready to ship. I'm with PTSB but didn't have to do the authorization for some reason i normally always have to do it. I also ordered one for the wife on her AIB and i had to do the authorization on her card. So I'm hoping mine will still go through.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Scorp8397

Yeah im with ptsb too. Friend of mine with Boi and his authorisation went through. Hopefully it went through.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭beardo81

I had to authorize on N26 (Mastercard) but not charged yet. Have to keep an eye on it (Delivery Oct 28-29)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭Ryath

Had a quick look into this looks like it's not available here.

Get rewarded for your Google Store purchases

Google One members on certain plans get a percentage back on eligible Google Store purchases in the form of Google Store credit:

• Google One members with 200 GB plans: 3% back in Google Store credit
    • Google One members with 2 TB, 5 TB, 10 TB, 20 TB, or 30 TB plans: 10% back in Google Store credit

Notes:

• This benefit is only available in the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Germany, and Australia.
    • Google One trial memberships and plan family members are not eligible.

Any one on the 200GB or 2TB or above plan able to check if it's a listed benefit for them? I've only the 100GB membership and don't quite need to upgrade yet but if I can get the cash back it might be worth my while.

I have the 6 ordered but not sure yet if I'll cancel or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Cina

I'm torn. I like the look of them but my S10+ still works so well, really fast and battery is still good. Phones just aren't improving enough to justify upgrading under 3 years anymore.

But also, shiny new thing...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,087 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

You'd get a nice trade in on that s10, the pixel is very shiny and it's also very shiny.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Advertisement