Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion] contd

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,077 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭Sparko

Oh yes maybe. If it is I hope she brought her taser 😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭Shakyfan

The whole thing is a mess! As well as being so dark that half the time you were struggling to make out which characters were onscreen, the sound was piss poor and you couldn't make out a lot of the dialogue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭lmahoney79

So that was an hour wasted looking at rain and sinkholes...nothing of any significance actually happened!...I really hope the outcome of all this is not predictably boring, like nobody dies and all bad guys get their comeuppance and go to jail.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,337 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,337 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭threetrees

Ah dark rainy scenes full of with shouting or moaning made it a bit boring for me. And to think of the budget for this, looking forward to the aftermath rather than more sewer scenes.

These sewers anyway, are they old passages and tunnels belonging to the brewery? Very nice redbrick sewers if you ask me!!

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Leonita

The scene with Roy and Abi and Corey was so obviously filmed on a set. There was a few shots where it looked like Roy was reaching into a tank. And despite the heavy rain some characters seemed to be bone dry. Very unrealistic and badly filmed. Emmerdale is streets ahead of them this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,614 ✭✭✭prunudo

"The scene with Roy and Abi and Corey was so obviously filmed on a set. There was a few shots where it looked like Roy was reaching into a tank."

Agreed although I thought the scene at the end where he managed to pull her out was touching. The writers do great work with both Roy and Rita where they are often the voice of reason and defuse a situation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 872 ✭✭✭magicray

I found it very hard to understand what Abi was saying most of the time, her accent along with the noise of the water made it impossible to hear

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,268 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I.missed it. Is Adai dead?

Don't think I'll bother rewatching it.

The darkness would irk me.

To thine own self be true

Just catching up now. Bad lighting, coupled with inaudible dialogue made a silly story more ridiculous. Roy is a brilliant actor, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Leonita

Also the car Dev was in blew up on Monday. It looked perfect to me last night not a mark on it and Adi standing outside. They are having obvious continuity problems with this "big week".

I have to agree with other posters Roy is a brilliant actor. Himself and Ken has been fantastic recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

So funny when Summer and Amy arrived into the pub bone dry after being outside in torrential rain. Adi also had bone dry clothes and hair when the ambulance arrived. David and Shona were outside standing in the garden for ages in lashing rain but both were bone dry. Shona was even holding her umbrella backwards on her shoulder like a sun umbrella🤣 The best bits though were Leanne hopping around tied up (why didn’t she hop to the Rovers) and Kevin lying in the middle of the road all night but remained miraculously unharmed. I’m really sick of Abi too such a bad actress.

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭Lennox Gilbey

But it would take two hands to use a bolt cutters. He'd have had to use his feet. Even then you'd need very strong feet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,201 ✭✭✭jos28

I thought the entire thing was cartoonish and farcical. Some of the scenes made me laugh out loud, it was like watching an episode of Scooby Doo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

So the sink hole I real now ?

Wasn't it just a normal hole ray put there , with his fake engineer saying it was a sink hole.

Not sure I'd even call them sinkholes, the one's that the generator, Abi/Corry and Harvey fell into just seemed like the roof of the sewer collapsed. Not surprising really if they're are that close to the surface that an out stretched hand can pull them back out.

The garden could be classed as one, but all depends where Jenny or Johnny end up. As you say though, I thought it was just Ray looking to pull a fast one. Speaking of Ray, nobody seems to mention Faye anymore. Has she just been abandoned in a remand prison?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭Lennox Gilbey

With trains rumbling by as they are so close to the station surely they'd need to evacuate the street for engineering checks?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭Kauto0709

The whole street is literally falling apart and all the police care about is Corey's accusation against Abby???

And who the helll celebrates halloween in the middle of October..

So who was shot?

How could these episodes have cost so much money?

A dark room and some dialogue is all I see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

They had time to arrest her. Interview her and Roy. Release her. She goes to the hospital. All before the fire brigade turns up on the street.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,752 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

I know Jenny's screams were not meant to be funny...

Is she dead?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

How can so many dumb, thick fcuks live on one street, absolutely stupid writing and story lines

Advertisement