Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What PlayStation games are you playing ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,961 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

@The Phantom Pain picked up Scarlet Nexus shortly after it came out, seems like the combat would be fun, but there's a lot of teen anime crap in the beginning and it bored me to stop playing...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Forgotten City. A mystery timeloop adventure game set in Roman times. Very well executed, I'm about 6 hours in and have no idea if I'm near the end or just scratching the surface. Each dialogue or exploration of a new area has the possibility of opening up new routes to explore or twists in the tale. I've no doubt this will be on my mind until I get chance to return to it tomorrow evening - always the sign of a good game

• Registered Users Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭Dazler97

Call of duty, Warzone on playstation 4 and also playing the original spyro on ps1

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭scottygee

I'm way behind but I just bought COD BlackOps LOL

it was on sale :)

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Xofpod

Went on to Far Cry 5 after finishing the Horizon Zero Dawn DLC. Enjoying the reasonably relaxed mayhem. Awful lot of hipsters for a hillbilly cult though....

• Advertisement

Also playing a bit of Inside, picked up fairly cheap in a deal with Limbo. Basic gameplay but they really nail the mood and atmosphere. That section with the submarine is lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭bmorrissey

Just finished Far Cry 5, stopped playing horizon for now so now im gonna start kingdom hearts 2 and slip in a little PGA 2K21 also

• Registered Users Posts: 33,580 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I tried PGA 2K21 for about 20 minutes and deleted it. Every single fibre of it just felt tedious to me.

Started Life Is Strange True Colours last night. Didn't get too far I don't think, but seems okay. Goes overboard on the haptics though. The controller doesn't need to rumble like Psycho Mantis is trying to move it with his mind every time Alex shakes hands with someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,758 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Working through Horizon Zero Dawn at the moment. Enjoyable enough. Far Cry 6 will be next.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Dying Light currently, played before but never finished it and picked it up with all dlc on the store for 25 quid I think.

The Medium, liking it a lot.

Gave Kentucky Route Zero a spin earlier, not sure on it yet.

Also started The Sinking City, will probably like the story as enjoyed Call of Cthulhu.

Eh, have to play Deathloop, only put an hour in the other week.

Alan Wake, will probably enjoy that, played the first chapter earlier.

Couple of others I need to start or get back to and to stay off the ps store 😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭puzl

Finished Kena. I really enjoyed it and found it much more difficult than I expected... not quite a souls game but definitely not a kids game.

Gave the PGA Tour game a lash for an hour or two.. good fun for a golf game but not my thing

Now I'm restarting spiderman.. having bought it to play on my PS4/Jet Engine I'm trying again at 60fps on my PS5....much much better.. 30fps gives me eyestrain and I find timing stuff like perfect dodges much much easier at 60fps.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Completed Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden last week, and then got the DLC, which I havent since had a chance to play much.

Had MYZ there in the back catalogue for over a year before giving it a fair crack. It was really very good, very enjoyable.

If you like X-COM (one of my favourite games ever), you will like this game. And as there are very few actually decent TBS games to be found, this would be a must play.

Started Batman Return to Arkham City last night, given that it's the 10th anniversary of the original (and my favourite of the series).

Man, I am struggling to get used to the controls. No button seems to do what I naturally assume it'll do. We've been too spoiled by control layouts becoming so homogenised over the last 10 years.

Finished City and jumped into Arkham Knight (which I tried to get back into last year but gave up). Powered through, and a lot of it is really fantastic, particularly new enemy types and abilities which really make the stealth/predator sections more interesting, having mastered them from previous games. But f*ck me, those Batmobile battles are just horrendous, plus how it's shoehorned into several main missions where you need to remote control it to do something, then back to Batman, then back to the Batmobile, then back to Batman....

The story is great though. I went back to it because it was the only Rocksteady one I've only played once and couldn't remember a lot of the story, but it really works so well. A great ending to the series, with absolutely sublime performances as ever from Mark Hamill and Kevin Conroy, as well as John Noble who did fantastic.

I mean, the story isn't perfect by any stretch Obviously Arkham Knight was going to be Jason. Absolutely everyone knew that from the very start. They dragged out the reveal that everyone knew way too long, and it didn't take the World's Greatest Detective to figure out. And Batman is the World's Greatest Detective.

Now, onto Guardians of the Galaxy.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Finished Dying Light's DLC The Following over the weekend, was great, thoroughly enjoyed the game overall!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,266 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

I'm playing The Last of Us Part 2. I'm pretty underwhelmed so far. I'm enjoying the brutality and violence of the game but the story is your bog standard B-Movie revenge plot and the it is far too long, it seems as if the game will never end! I'm near the end now but it should have ended 5 hours ago. The combat is incredibly repetitive so far too with very few standout set pieces.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭H3llR4iser

Yup, way way way too long - although the real problem, likely, is that the story is boring / predictable; especially if, like me, you didn't play the first game and don't give a sh!te about the characters. Found myself sorta drifting to sleep during the overly long cutscenes.

Got a PS5 some months ago, it's unbelievably underwhelming. I've been following a bunch of console launches since the NES, but outside of the abject failures (cough Jaguar cough...), I can't remember another launch that was so devoid of actual games. Neither "new" platforms have anything that's a "killer app", most are slightly updated PS4/Xbox one games. Why the consoles are selling to well is beyond me - power of the marketing and people wanting shiny stuff, I guess...then again, I got one myself, so there's the issue, probably 🤣.

That said, on PS5 I'm currently enjoying Yakuza: Like a Dragon a lot, it's the old Yakuza formula but with a new take - gotta say I didn't expect to like the "RPG" turn-style combat much but I ended up enjoying it even better than the old system. Got Fifa 22 a few days ago since I usually play online with my brother, but damn, there should be a law against selling the exact same game year after year.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭bmwfan

Is call of duty available already I’ve noticed people playing it this evening

Started Mafia Definitive edition. Wouldn't have played it since back in the day, and tbh, this is the level of remake I was expecting from GTA. Gonna make GTA a hard pill to swallow I reckon. Stunning looking game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Mafia 1 is a class game, really enjoyed it when they first released the remake last year. Gave it another go in last few nights since its on PSNow, trying it on classic diffulculty. Most of it isn't too bad but not sure I'll make it through the race, the handling is ridculously tough.

Also started Alan Wake. Love the story and atmosphere, and didn't mind the gamplay in the first chapter or so. But the combat is becoming unbelieveabley tedious now (on chapter 3) thats its sucking out the enjoyment completely - does anyone know if it gets any better? cos if not i've no interest in slogging through if its gonne be the same flashlight/shoot/run combination with the same enemies (just a few more each time) and no fun for the rest of the game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭bmorrissey

Anyone know if the Kingdom Come : Deliverance DLC is worth it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Fat_Fingers

InFamous Second Son and Sackboy: A Big Adventure

Started another playthrough of Sekiro, having not played it in over a year. Muscle memory came back within an hour and I'm cruising through it. Goddamn this has to be one of my top 10 of all time. The gameplay is just so f*cking good, and nearly every miniboss/boss, rather than depending on your build or items like other Soulsborne games, mostly just comes down to pure skill. A proper clash of steel, deflecting and parrying, waiting for a chance to hit, building up their posture damage rather than chipping down their health. Such a great game. And the update that came last year to allow for fighting the main bosses again is so much fun.

Picked up Pine and Risk of Rain 2 the other day. Played a bit of Pine, and it seems like a grand ARPG survival town building kinda game, but the framerate (I think) is bad that with motion blur off it makes me nauseous. With it on it's kinda painful to look at. So I had to stop.

Risk of Rain 2 is good craic. Thought it was quite hard, but also unaware of the systems and literally no help other than look it up in the log. Took a while to get used to things, and then realised I can play it on easy so threw that on and got near the end (I think). Have gotten very close twice, once running out of time at what I believe is the last step/charge. Will keep at it for another while. My nearly at the end 1 hour game turned into a 110 minute bullet hell after I got teleported back to the first stage again... By the time I got to the 5th stage a second time, I wasn't even doing damage to enemies anymore... Crazy game. Quite fun in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭brady12

finished horizon zero dawn start july . said i would leave frozen wilds until closer to release date of forbidden west . started frozen wilds tonight and getting my ass kicked 😅and i'm like level 40

Yep, whole ramp-up in terms of opponent toughness. Absolutely necessary to keep a level of challenge in the game though. No spoilers but there's a couple of weapon upgrades - one up around the top of the map if I remember - that help a bit

• Registered Users Posts: 5,859 ✭✭✭KH25

About 98 hours into Assassins Creed Odyssey. Really enjoying it and graphically it still looks stunning. I've yet to complete the main story, but picked up the DLCs at the weekend so I'll be at it for another while yet!

Advertisement