Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lenovo Smart Clock / Smart Clock Essential

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,932 ✭✭✭JDxtra

CWF wrote: »
    The original is €39.99 (black) in curry's and the essential is €59.99.

Which one is better? Does original have a night light

They are very different units - the essential is not worth €59.99. Think of it like your normal bedside clock radio, but with a smart speaker. Wait and it'll be on sale again if this is the unit you want.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭CWF

JDxtra wrote: »
    They are very different units - the essential is not worth €59.99. Think of it like your normal bedside clock radio, but with a smart speaker. Wait and it'll be on sale again if this is the unit you want.

Is the original worth €40?

CWF wrote: »
    Is the original worth €40?

Yes, €39.99 is a decent price for those.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,150 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Echo Show 5 (1st gen) for €46.76 for Amazon Prime Day(s) deal. You need to have Prime- link

I prefer Alexa than Google Assist, considering buying one and selling my Lenovo Smart clock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,884 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

dinneenp wrote: »
    Echo Show 5 (1st gen) for €46.76 for Amazon Prime Day(s) deal. You need to have Prime- link

I prefer Alexa than Google Assist, considering buying one and selling my Lenovo Smart clock.

I bought a Show 5 myself as the Lenovo one was very unstable on WiFi I found and the dependency on the link to a mobile didn't help.

The Show 5 connects directly to WiFi and is a lot more reliable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭Snotty

Anyone else really disappointed in the clock, I bought it on the original bargain alert but last week I just unplugged it and took out my only alarm clock.
    The routines starting in the morning is hit and miss and the Good Morning alarm is terrible and not customisable enough. Am I alone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

If anyone is getting rid of a clock let me know, cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Mines worked perfectly since i got it last year.

Routines all work fine, alarm goes off when its supposed to and its great for playing music.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 404 ✭✭PreCocious

brightkane wrote: »
    If anyone is getting rid of a clock let me know, cheers

I've an essential (new, unboxed) available if you're interested.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Doodah7

The Smart Clock Essential is reduced to €20 plus €6.73 shipping until midnight tonight for anyone interested.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,498 ✭✭✭Masala

Many thanks ... needed another one for kitchen!

Mine came in as €28.27. Won't fall out over it!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

Why did I buy one? 😂

These are quite unique devices, I do like them. There are some downsides (slow to charge devices from USB, thin audio) - but for a bedside clock radio, they are perfect due to the display (it's not a screen).

You'd hardly buy a normal bedside clock at that price!

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Gah, said there were a few items left, but then went out of stock when I was finishing my order! Ah well.

Thanks @Doodah7 for the heads-up!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Got stung for €16.52 customs charge from UPS today. Luckily I had some cash but he only had change in 10c and 20c coins. Bit of a mess all in all.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 lesterburnham

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Doodah7

I ordered two and they both arrived today in the one box. No issues although the box very battered and the customs papers were missing (torn from its plastic covering). It actually looked like the box had been opened and re-sealed as there was 'Security'-worded tape holding it together. No other documentation included either although the padded packaging was still there.

Checking the tracking, my dispatch email came from Lenovo EU although the parcel was shipped from Preston in the UK.

I would pursue with Lenovo if it was me. Their Irish online store is operated by Digital River Ireland Ltd. so that would be my first port of call.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Yes, have the receipt, bit of a joke that they can't accept card payments, can't give change, he had to go raiding the coins I assume he uses for paying tolls etc.

I was onto Digital River and they said they would refund, was on the call for 20+ mins, they are saying the attachment is too big and are looking for a file size less than 0.4MB. Apparently a 2MB file crashed their system.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,884 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I really wouldn't bother with these guys.

I got the better of the two but had constant problems with it disconnecting from WiFi /my phone so it's now in a press and I replaced it with an Echo Show 5 which at least is a standalone device.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,059 ✭✭✭Genghis

• Advertisement

Mine never arrived despite UPS saying it was delivered. Getting a refund. I'm probably better off.

probably for the best!!!!!

Other half laughs at me shouting 'Alexa ... no Google .... no HELLO Google .... sorry Hi Google ..... Jaysus what is her name again!..'

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭JethroC

Smart clock is back on sale now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Dubl07

Getting a refund? You'd better be prepared for a LONG wait. They're notorious for apologising for the inconvenience, but seem to hold on to other people's money.

Ah I've already received my refund. Don't think I'll find out what happened but someone has a free smart clock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,910 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

So the Essential is €60 & the Smart clock €40 ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,910 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Essential now €23.99 in Currys

• Advertisement

LENOVO Smart Clock 2 is €39.99 on Currys.ie (blue only for some reason).

Advertisement