Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Covid-19 measures are permanent, don't be a boiling frog!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭PintOfView

That's not an explanation of why the statement "a disproportionate amount are unvaccinated" is meaningless!

If unvaccinated are admitted to hospital at 5 times the rate of vaccinated, and admitted to ICU at 9 times the rate of vaccinated, then that statement is correct.

You seem to be unable to explain why you said it was meaningless, unless you were just saying stuff without thinking, or without worrying about whether it was true or not!

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭brianhere

Anyway just to address what Gortanna and some others have been talking about on this forum, the trolls!

There is no need to be disheartened by their activities, this blaze of useless questions and endless talk about world controlling lizards and Qanon etc etc is not designed to be persuasive to readers, and isn't. Probably the idea is just to turn people off the subject in general and lengthen out the thread to make the interesting and informative posts few and far between. What they cannot have is an interesting thread where people would post their experiences of serious ill health from the vaccines and endless mask wearing, and how they were fooled by the government once too often with this idea that these compulsory measures were only temporary.

Again it is social engineering, breaking up community structures which are so important in the science of political control, and setting up the structures of an all powerful surveillance state, like China, hence why should it all go away?

In any case the frog boiling system is in full swing, they managed to get about two months of total acquiescence in Ireland on the basis that they were going to lift everything on Oct 22, trust me that was a lie all along. Of course actually on that date they will be turning the screw further on the unvaxed, as was always in the script.

http://www.orwellianireland.com

Does Markus actually believe the world is flat?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

He believes that the entire space program is faked, that there are no photos of Earth from space and that "Newton was wrong".

He's been asked several times if he is a flat earther or to otherwise explain what shape he believes it to be. He has never answered the question.

For contrast notice how in his last post he quickly and directly stated his position about the efficacy of vaccines when he believed he was being false accused of being anti vaxx.

It's gotten to the point that other conspiracy theorists won't even acknowledge his claims because it's gotten so embarrassing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,232 ✭✭✭Markus Antonius

It is an explanation. The proportions given now are only a snapshot at a time where the case numbers are not problematic. The only reason it's plastered all over the headlines is because the government/nphet/niac etc. are using it as a beating stick for those who are unvaccinated.

The proportions next week, next month, next year, in all likelihood will be completely different and frankly meaningless when the ICU bed situation can't even handle the annual flu, let alone covid patients.

• Advertisement

Sorry man, but again this orwellian notion that asking people to explain and support their beliefs and pointing out when they lie is not trolling not matter how much you want to frame it as such.

Newspeak like that doesn't really fly here.

What ill health from vaccines and masks are you referring to?

Please inform us.

Also could you explain how making masks permanent is of benefit to the people behind the conspiracy?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,232 ✭✭✭Markus Antonius

This is why I focus on them being from and/or living in the US. We saw it during the gay marriage and abortion referendums - outside influences trying to sway the voters - videos of foreigners tearing down 'no' signs. What we are seeing in this forum is no different - an outside influence trying to control what we can or cannot talk about.

Lol.

Again false accusations based on pure paranoia.

Who is American here?

Man up and make your accusations directly rather than cowering behind vague innuendo.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,665 ✭✭✭storker

Exactly. Working from home is something that should have been a lot more normal a long time ago, long before COVID. It's a pity it took a pandemic to make work practices finally catch up with the technology. Just because a measure is COVID-related doesn't mean it's (a) a bad thing, or (b) an indicator of a The Big Conspiracy™. Hospital and GP visits have become a lot more efficient since COVID arrived - you actually are seen much closer to your appointment time and there's much less hanging around in waiting rooms. I sure hope that becomes part of the dreaded "New Normal" too.

Edit: Regarding the "hated" mask-wearing. I do expect that to become part of the new normal - just like it has been in the Far East since long before COVID. Normal not in the sense that everyone is wearing them or is required to, but that it's considered good manners to wear one if you're carrying a dose of something and would rather not infect others. Ditto staying away from work if you've got something.

Post edited by storker on

We're talking about COVID, yes the majority of COVID hospitalisations are unvaccinated.. you have been presented with numerous pieces of evidence showing this

If you want to take it that all admissions was meant, work away

You've also been given countless pieces of evidence showing people being treated for COVID in ICU's around the world ranges from 65 to 95%

you chose to ignore that also

and yes, you will see more vaccinated people in hospital, because the sample size will be larger, because most people will be vaccinated

It will never fully stop people with weak immune systems (immune compromised, elderly, cancer patients etc...) from possibly deteriorating... you are giving them the best chance possible though by being vaccinated... There is also lots of evidence out there showing this, that the majority of vaccinated people in ICU fall into these categories.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭PintOfView

"It is an explanation. The proportions given now are only a snapshot at a time where the case numbers are not problematic. The only reason it's plastered all over the headlines is because the government/nphet/niac etc. are using it as a beating stick for those who are unvaccinated.

The proportions next week, next month, next year, in all likelihood will be completely different and frankly meaningless when the ICU bed situation can't even handle the annual flu, let alone covid patients."

If you can't see that the proportions at a snap shot in time are indicative of what one can expect at other times then you don't understand how basic reasoning and logic works. If the situation gets twice as bad, as could happen in the coming months, would you expect the unvaccinated to somehow stop catching the virus, and to stop making up a disproportionate percentage of hospital admissions?

If you look at public health Scotland's recent report. in the 4 weeks to 18th Sept a total of 510 unvaccinated were admitted to hospital with acute Covid, and 521 vaccinated were admitted with acute Covid. How does that work, when only a small percentage of people are unvaccinated yet make up equal numbers of acute admissions?

Saying these numbers are being thrown around to beat the unvaccinated might be your way of looking at it. However there are two good reasons why the numbers deserve to be highlighted, a) to help unvaccinated understand the risks and encourage them to help themselves, and b) to help minimise hospital admissions if it persuades some of them to get vaccinated.

(and, by the way, I'm Irish, and living in Ireland !!! despite quoting public health Scotland !!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,960 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Nope. I am referring to nefarious fantasy ideas, that e.g. the Irish government is secretly working to usher in a tyrannical form of Communism, which is what the original poster believes.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,425 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

He thinks NASA faked the space race and that Newton got his physics wrong. Yeah, THAT Newton.

You have a theory you can't support, so you just label everyone as trolls.

Markus had a theory he couldn't support (space program is fake), so he just labelled everyone as trolls.

According to the poster who claimed the NWO were putting their symbolism on baby clothes, the posters who questioned that were, you guessed it, trolls

Interesting pattern..

• Registered Users Posts: 25,544 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

So yet again making idiotic baseless claims without a shred of evidence, seems to be your go to place at this stage 🤣

wouldn't surprise me if some of these usernames are the same people

He has evidence.

Someone used the word "dude".

Everyone knows that only Americans would use such uncouth language.

Yup

It was me

And when I told him I live in Cheshire he ignored me 🤣

That amount of paranoia really can't be good for someone's health.

I dread to think how many friends/family these people have alienated with these types of extreme views.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

• Advertisement

I think that's how some people have learned to be evasive about their beliefs. They've learned that if they're direct or open about exactly what they believe, they find people will just turn off and shut out anything they say as crazy. (In most cases, this is probably justified.)

But they have also learned that if they keep the extent of their beliefs quiet, they can make points and ask questions that superficially sound clever and impressive.

The fact that someone has to be evasive about their view and dodge scrutiny from the get-go shows they know it's ultimately not true

Imagine that, going to a public discussion forum, with something you know is a lie, projecting it, then basically having meltdowns and claiming everyone is a out to get you for pointing out it's not true, then soapboxing and lecturing others about the "truth". Then trying to change the discussion forum so no one can question what you know is a lie. It's equal parts hilarious and disturbing

considering the numbers mentioned in previous posts .... freeing up potentially 40 to 60 ICU beds taken up by unvaccinated people there with COVID, yes, it would definitely give a fighting chance against overflowing in January...

Foiled!!!

Nahhhh I did say Cheshire, England so he wouldn't get too confused 🤣

So basically, I think we can comfortably say that the number of unvaccinated make up a disproportionate number of the ICU cases given that they account for a tiny number of the population. The outlier being the fellow who thinks people on the internet saying "dude" makes them an American shill.... I myself an based in Cork, not to be mistaken for Corktown, Detroit.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

See that just adds to the confusion as there are three places called England in the USA.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,665 ✭✭✭storker

• Advertisement

Just don't see it. Too much damage has been done. The country's close to 100% vaccinated (of those that are eligible) and they're set to be mandatory in nightclubs soon.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement