Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 22 Ultimate Team discussion thread

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Went with untradeable packs and coins too.

Memphis, IF Carlitos, Thiago silva. Not bad, not great. I really need a strong SBC to pump fodder into, I have a crazy amount of high rated cards I’ll never use now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Qualified for Champs Finals for the first time. Went 5-1 before giving away three games.

It’s an amazing turnaround from my first try a few weeks back when I went 1-4 and ended it in disgust. Narrowly missed out last week on a 4-5.

That RTTK Fekir is so good at striker next to POTM Benzema. He has a stocky body type but feels great on the ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Untradeable, Division 3, Rank 1:

First pack - duplicate Kane. My other was tradeable so stashed him on the transfer list as his price will fly up when the big SBC's come.

Second pack - duplicate Pogba. My other is untradeable, FFS.

Then opened my daily preview pack. Who is in that - Pogba AGAIN? 😅 At least I could sell that one!

So about 105k from the rewards not including Kane, and I only played to 7 wins this week so can't complain at all.

That's the third time I've packed both Kane and Pogba but have had no other pack pulls of note. Very strange.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,158 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Folks whats the crack with the qualifiers, need to win 5 out of 8?

I have played 5 so far, and im 3 w / 2 L, one loss was very tight and one was a spanking, the wins were all tight as well.

So i need 2 wins out of the last 3?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

It’s out of 9 matches. You need two more wins to secure your place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭Ronan

Anyone else coming up against people in the Past Glory friendlies who either don't get the requirements or are just being D**ks.

Several times now coming up against icons or non-qualifying countries, usually as subs when teams are behind drawing.... Guess I shouldn't be all that suprised.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

I go for the coins & untradeable packs. I used to go for that in other years because my pack luck is generally **** but even more so this year because very few 86+ players are actually worth anything.

TOTW Ndombele is slightly intriguing, actually really liked his gold card. Will wait a few days for his price to drop and then try him.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

There’s milestone rewards for winning friendly matches too, so I guess it’s easy and quick to rack them up when you’re facing people doing some objectives, and you are unburdened by a weaker team. I’d guess a lot of people quit quickly against them.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Packed Ramos from the champions league MM, he looks a beast if a bit slow. Has anyone used him, is his pace a big problem?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,158 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Finished the de ligt SBC and decided to add Vidal and Tonali as well given their prices have dropped so much,

Hopefully will help me win 2 more qualifiers!

Any shouts on best Serie A keeper?

Been using Maignan as i needed a kimpembe link but dont need that now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,455 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Theo Hernandez from my rivals rewards (if only it was a week earlier) and an untradeable RTTK Mukiele from a 75+ pick. Pity Leipzig have no chance of getting through, they’d do well to even win another game or two in that group.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

I found Handanovic to be terrible, constantly palm shots straight at him into the side of the net. I was only using him as I needed chemistry for Skrinar.

I picked up Szczesny when I was club stocking high rated fodder. I've ended up using him and he has been OK. Definitely has made one or two of those very good saves that the opponents keeper seems to pull off routinely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Lads im still in div.4, ranked 1st, im probably not good enough to reach 3 but it seems, i need to get to 3 for more rewards, am i stuck in limbo forever 😄 cos it seems i cant get relegated or get to div.3

Disregard, rank 3 says i get rewards, just need to win 7 games cos im not getting to 3

What type of link do Hero cards have with each other? Thinking of pairing Morientes with Solskjaer up front for a laugh, and I can’t afford Robbie.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Thanks. Puts an end to that idea so, might just have to save up for Robbie in that case. Getting a bit bored of Lukaku even though he’s still doing the job for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Decided to invest in my team with the hopes of qualifying for WL so this is what I have now:

Start with Vidal and Dybala swapped so everyone bar merino is on full chem.

Wanted to try out Isak RTTF as I enjoyed his gold card and he's dropped a good bit in price since he released. Picked up Vidal because he seems a great card for 45k and still has a decent chance of getting an upgrade since I doubt Sheriff will make the knockout.

Got Martinez because he was the best striker I could fit in on full chem but I've been surprised at how good he is in the few rivals matches I've played.

Have to try and figure out how to stop my whole team rushing forward during my opponent's kick off as it's costing me badly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Boulders8

Just a reminder for those who ain’t aware or only playing for the first time this year that the FGS swap token rewards start tonight at 7pm - just make sure you link your Twitch and EA accounts.

Last year it was just watch an hour of the stream to be eligible for the token, but I’m not 100% sure if it’s the same this time around

Top reward is 4 tokens for a Jumbo Rare Players pack and repeatable

Wouldn’t be linking anything important to a Twitch account given their enormous data breach/leak in recent weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,825 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

What’s needed after linking the Twitch and EA accounts? Wait for next thing to do pretty much?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

I just packed Messi from MM mixed player pack 😳 thought it was going to be DiMaria. That’s the first time I’ve packed any of the big 4 on any Fifa game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Was delighted to pack Ferland Mendy from MM until I saw that 😅

Honestly lads if any of you can get RTTK Vidal into your team as a box-to-box midfielder, I would highly encourage you to do so.

43k for him is daylight robbery and there's a chance he'll get an upgrade too.

My favourite card so far this year.

• Administrators Posts: 54,069 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

My rivals rewards were pure scutter. Fodder central. Griezman was the best, and he's no use to me.

Pack luck has to change soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Boulders8

Yeah, you’ll get a notification in the Twitch app and can claim it from there and will appear in your store.

just got a Addidas stadium theme and ball for watching half an hour, the token will come after an hour of watching and then there is something for watching 1.5 hours.

you can check the twitch app to see how far along you are to getting the token/items - by watching I mean just leave it running and go and do something else

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,825 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Damn - no motivation came for me at all - checked twitch app too.

An annoying 60 seconds wasted ha

Packed RTTK Mukiele. Untradeable. Pity he’s no use to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Think i have hit a wall, conceded 11 goals in 3 games, where i win the ball in tackles around my area that will clearly leave me with a great chance to counter, but it "deflects" to an opposition player to score, could happen up to 3 times in an attack until he scores

• Advertisement

Getting absolutely fcuking pumped in qualifiers yet again.

This is maddening. Finals seem completely out of reach.

Advertisement