Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should we in Ireland be concerned about Jihad?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,622 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

No, they used to plant bombs in places where civilians would be, I would say they were more cowardly than the suicide bombers. Oh and let's not forget thier use of proxy bombs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,448 ✭✭✭✭Flinty997

That's because there was very little targeting of unassociated civilians in Dublin.

That not true of Jihadism. But Ireland the risk is low for a variety of reasons. Ireland would be more likely used as a base than a target.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,830 ✭✭✭buried

Well there is no point in discussing who was more cowardly or braver, they are both murderous fascist extremists. The problem with modern Islamic extremism is that it can utilise their religious tenets of some sort of voodoo afterlife, or glory if the atrocity is carried out to the religious tenets of whatever ragtag of the thousands of extremist Iman's call for it. That is the major problem. And the religion of Islam has never addressed this.

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,622 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Are you kidding me? Are you really claiming that neither side targeted innocent civilians?

It does matter. The brainwashing effect utilised on the susceptible killers and murderers is far more severe and serious if their ultimate crimes are sanctioned by some make of divine almighty God.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,956 ✭✭✭enricoh

I'm confused, who's the angry man ranting on the internet? It's not u by any chance is it?!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,956 ✭✭✭enricoh

I was at the love parade in Berlin 20 years ago, around 2 million people on the main street partying away. 20 years later it is unthinkable that it happened as it'd be such a target for isis.

Well Bravo for that fantastic f**king insight. By that logic, Lets all die and get injured too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,854 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Completely disingenuous.

As a previous poster just pointed out, it stopped because of deaths after a stampede and there is talk of it returning.

You've both edited my post and then deliberately misquoted what you've edited, to change the meaning.

This thread might be low on factual accuracy, but thats no excuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭ShatterAlan

BEAUTIFULLY FCKING ILLUSTRATED, Signore.

Let's not forget France's vanguard role in destroying Libya or their ongoing military and economic wrecking of Western Africa. And they have never stopped interfering in Lebanon, a little gem theat they see as purely their own.

The lack of knowledge of some regarding the machinations of NATO members and affiliates is quite frankly embarrassing.

You bring up words like "naive" and "short-sighted" and then puke out "they hate our way of life". If that's not the mother of all cretinous epithets that is the hallmark of idiots like George Bush or Tommy Robinson knuckleheads.

I can just see Paul Pogba, Mezut Ozil and Mo Salah getting together at the mosque after a match and sitting around with their prayer beads and saying "brothers, it is only a matter of time before we destroy this British and European way of life so that we can all beat women and return to the glories of the Stone Age. Then we must destroy the BBC for employing that apostate whore Mishal Husain. Yes I know she is a beautiful woman but she must be shrouded and stuffed back indoors."

And if you were living in the US you'd be a guest too, no? And if your wife was Japanese and thrown into a concentration camp in the 1940's you'd have no right to have a problem with that? Or in the more recent times you disagreed with little children being separated from their parents and put into cages along the border with Mexico......the logic being "go live elsewhere if you have a problem with how we roll in this country"?

If someone kicks a dog and that dog bites back and the kicker cries foul and runs to animal protection and you say "maybe you shouldn't kick the dog, idiot!", then you are the leftist. After all you are a "biting-dog sympathizer".

And the reason is very simple. There is NO threat. More people in the UK get killed by cows than by terrorists. This nonsense of 60,000 Muslims in Ireland being a harbinger of carnage is laughable. There are mass graves of infants in Ireland from not so long ago. Nice Catholic touch there. There are family murder suicides. There are rape/murders such as that Ana Kriegel and many others. There are drug hits. There are all these things and yet the swarthy Arab is going to wipe us all out because they hate our way of life.

🤣

And do what exactly? Ban the religion? Put them all in concentration camps? Extermination camps? Deport them? They're French CITIZENS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,577 ✭✭✭jmreire

And that's the problem with Islam now and has been for the last 1400 years, death and destruction is in its very "constitution", the Quran and reinforced with Sharia Law. Christianity has its renaissance 2'000 years ago with the arrival of Jesus Christ, but unfortunately, such renaissance is impossible with Islam, because Muslims claim that it comes from God, and only God can change it. So until the whole World submits ( converts to Islam) and Allah comes. it cannot be changed. A Mufti can issue a Fatwa against anyone, probably the most famous Fatwa was the one that was issued against Salman Rushdie by the Ayatollah Khomeini. To this day, he has armed guards protecting him, and despite apologizing, the Fatwa still stands. It speaks for itself when during the last 1'400 years, wars have been fought, Country's conquered, dynasties risen and fallen, yet Islam and its Sharia remains unchanged. And so it will continue. It is surpassed in longevity only by Christianity, from which all death and destruction has been not only removed, but is actually forbidden. As for Jihad, the purpose of this thread...the word itself means " Effort" and it can be applied to almost every endeavor imaginable. Want to stop smoking? Jihad against tobacco. Get good results in your exams? Jihad for learning, and so on. Its also a pretty common name for men. But the most usual association of Jihad, is when its used against the enemies of Islam.

This is pure propaganda. You have morons in America who actually think that France is now run by Muslims. The Swedes and the Danes like to run their show their way and this doesn't sit well with bullies like US/UK. From some of the reports you would swear that Stockholm/Gothenberg are no-go zones and that gentle blonde-haired, blue-eyed Scandi girls are running home before they get gang-raped. Utter bollocks. I've lived in Germany, The Netherlands and Scandinavia. I've seen it first hand. In the Netherlands there was a problem with Moroccan street punks robbing people. They got away with it because the Dutch are pretty slow to address a problem until it becomes a REAL problem. These street punks were no different to little ferral knackers in Dublin shoplifting in the Jervis Centre or terrorising people on the Luas Red Line. Just little opportunistic bastards. Eventually they got slapped down. You could call them Muslims if you want. They would harass girls in short skirts. Not because they were Muslims but because they were knackers. They would drink and smoke weed and pick pockets.

The likes of Geert Wilders and Pim Fortuyn used this crappy anti-social behaviour as their agenda.

If someone is a criminal you punish them for their crime.

If I get beaten up by a culchie or a scrote from Jobstown or mob of English hooligans in Temple Bar after a match or a Muslim or a Nigerian, I'm going to hate whoever did it. But I'm not going to demand a stiffer sentence be doled out to Ahmed or Mfubu because of their ethnicity or religious background.

• Advertisement

What does "integrate" mean?

Stop listening to their music and embrace ours instead? Give me their music over a random, tuneless trad crap anyday. Grandma must shed her favourite outfit and put on a Dunnes parka and have buns and tea in Spar? Give up their delicious food in favour of a fcuking spice-bag? Have their sons and daughters forego a science degree in Trinity in order to follow in Vogue Williams' footsteps? Substituting a Saturday night chatting and getting excited about life, love and the future and instead spend the evening, stilletoes in hand, pissing like a camel behind a car as your future husband snorts another line off his free hand and yells "Hurry da fcuk up!"

So the Chinese are "allegedly" rounding up people like the Uighurs and ramming them into concentration camps. They're also about to slaughter everyone in Taiwan. They're also allegedly going to swallow up Hong Kong and put millions to the sword. They also have nukes and are in bed with Kim. They also play fast and loose with software copyrights.

Why are you not clamouring to have every little Ton, Zhic and Harry-quan expelled from Ireland. They practically own Capel Street, Parnell Street, The Liberties,

The Muslims are so bad and must be gotten rid of. The Chinese, by comparison......?

Maybe because she is afforded bail under the laws of this land. Perhaps you can petition her to be held and then you can whine about taxpayer money. Better still, YOU put her up and chain her to your radiator.

They do? Get out your stats. Let's take Spain.

How many people have died at the hands of the spooky terrorist in comparison to those who have died from drowning, drug overdoses, jumping into the sea high on narcotics, dehydration, street stabbings in Magaluf, running of the bulls, more crap regarding idiots bungee jumping their way to a wheelchair or a coffin.

Women raped. Alcohol poisoning, coming off a scooter because you're are wasted and losing a limb or worse.

And that's just a weekend.

How many soldiers from Iceland or Andorra or Cyprus went from door to door and kicked it in, screamed "Go, Go Go, Fire in the hole. We got rag-head Hajis here", as little toddlers were screaming in terror, and then the "hearts and minds" US dildoes torch the place or call in a drone strike that innevitably blows a wife and her groom to chopmeat along with all those dancing?

And then you have people saying "we're here to help" and then you have thousands back in Walter Reed hospital missing limbs and lying in their own infections and faeces or blowing their brains out because the drugs don't work anymore?

You don't show this....why, because it will make people a tad ill. And if you do you get banged up.

12 US vets attempt suicide per day. Can you imagine how many of their victims try?

But my shares in Raytheon, General Dynamics, Halliburton, Northrop-Grumman and Boeing are up.

So were all the "kids" who were burned out of their houses.

Have you seen the kids trying to get to school along the Garvaghy Road? Little girls, white-faced with terror.

I'll hope you welcome my wife. We live between The Netherlands and Dublin. She's an oncologist and Persian.

Perhaps she'll work on your prostate some day. Maybe save the rest of your ass.

Doesn't the US Congress have to agree before any military action is taken?

I don't remember that being taken even for the Vietnam "Police Action".

You talk about "the confines of the law". The United States Constitution states that all treaties are the ultimate law of the land.

Now the US entered into treaties, namely the Fourth Geneva Convention whereby a war of aggression was illegal. Also that collective punishment was a crime against humanity, yet levelled sanctions against Iraq whereby 500,000 children died.

The US also entered into INTERNATIONAL agreements, codified in the US Constitution (as if that means a fcuking thing) and tortured people at Guantanamo, despite being signitories to the universal ban on torture.

The US has routinely used these meaningless treaties and then flouted them.

The US has used collectived punishment whether it be in the form of sanctions, blockades, terror tactics, economic destabilastion, AND threats against those who might assist to soften the blows. And you talk about "the confines of the law"?

The US ...and here's a lovely one, were completely out of their minds with outrage because the Belarussians forced down a plane to arrest someone. I think the words were "This is an outrage. A violation of the skies".

The **** almost shot down a state jet carrying Correa or was it Maduro? I can't remember. Because the turds thought Snowden was on board.

Snowden whose crime was to exercise his 1st Amendment right.

SPARE ME, please, the confines of law.

• Advertisement

Shouldn't you move the family somewhere safer then?

I mean if you are terrified walking around the streets with your family then that can't be good for you. Where would be better? A cave? The woods? What is there was a wasp up there or a muslim training camp. You'd never sleep. What if your daughter came home from school and said "Daddy, can I go and have dinner with the Hussain's? Mr Hussain is a surgeon and my friend, Ali, in my class wants to play after our homework is done."

Don't go to that house!!!! They're grooming you to be a bride of ISIS.

Advertisement