Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 22 Ultimate Team discussion thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭Gyan84

2-3 in qualifiers. Not sure if I'll bother finishing the rest.

Find rivals enjoyable but hate the qualifiers. Isak and Martinez were great in rivals but have scored about 3 goals between them in 5 qualifiers.

Every match is try to play through midfield only to have a pass/shot blocked followed by a lobbed through ball to a pacy winger who's through on goal because my center backs were on the half way line.

Lost my last match in extra time after I manually moved my keeper to the exact spot the shot went but he just palms it to the attacker next to him.

If I don't qualify I'll probably just shelve it unless they change the format.

• Administrators Posts: 54,069 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Qualifiers absolutely suck. I hate the format. 8 super sweaty games.

I just packed Benzema in a qualifiers pity pack which isn’t too bad.

Pity packs are as good as it’s going to get for me it seems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

My club is literally "Hit The Post FC"

Game after game, I'm drawing or squeaking a one goal with 5 or 6 xG more than my opponents, while they invariably score the one attack that they have.

First game in qualifiers, I had 19 shots after regular time. 7 xG to 1.5 and it's 1-1. I hit the post three times. It gets very frustrating.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

First owner Messi! I’ll keep him for now! Played 4-4 in qualifiers. Didn’t get enough time to play the decider.

he’s been about as good as Fekir for me so far.

I had the twitch stream on for hours and haven’t gotten anything yet 👎

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Have you checked your twitch inventory? You need to claim them from there now.. I got caught by it before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Busy weekend ahead so I think I'll just play to 4 wins today and give the rest away.

Even that gives me more than I would get for Gold 3 each week last year and the only red that would make my team anyway from this week's TOTW is Szczesny to replace his gold card.

Can't believe how bad this week's TOTW is.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I’ve got enough points to take another swing at qualifiers, but between a busy weekend and an awful looking TOTW, I’m not even going to try. I’ll save them for a go next weekend.

I do like being able to see the TOTW before entering though. Nice change.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,455 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Is there any reward tier in the WL this week that offers a RTTK player? It's the only way anyone in their right mind would play it with the state of the TOTW.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

I watched the stream (well, left it on...) for 90 mins to get all three rewards, claimed them all, Twitch connected to my EA account - but none of the rewards appeared in my store?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,825 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

How do you actually check previous results? Was 1-0 up in match in Playoffs and it DQd after 10 mins. Couldn’t remember what points I was on before it

• Advertisement

Same here but I'm only checking on the mobile app. Haven't turned on the PS5 to check. I'm hoping they'll be waiting for me when I log back in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

left the stream running but only got the first reward, says I didn’t watch long enough for the token 🙄

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

I thought the same, turned on the console this morning, but nothing....

I checked my phone again and the rewards have appeared.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

So does 88 Sane have the potential to reach 90 if Bayern dont capitulate in the Champions League? I wonder has his price already reflected that or will he rise more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Just played a match where my opponent had Maximin and Adama Traore on the wings, Maximin 28 in defense awareness, Traore 37, they were incredible ai defensively, tracked every run while my opponent controlled the CDM, my wingers Jota and Raphina are set to come back and defend to but dont, no idea what im doing wrong.

On the plus side, Konate is a beast at corners, 4 in 4, at least i can manage heading at corners 😄

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

he's actually dropped about 100k since his launch. I can definitely see him hitting 90 but in fairness i love his card...I've hated it always but on the right side he's lethal when he cuts in and shoots from his left first in fifa 22. I think the only card that will replace him down the line will be Salah.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

I think I will purchase, love his normal card and my team is Bundesliga.

I was lucky I got him from the 75+ pack..I was cursing as I just settled on a spanish/Mbappe/Serie A team and loved the defense , then gets him 5 mins later and have to rip up the team again :D

Im back, 2 wins from 2 in FUT playoffs, using liverpool false 9 formation, everybody on balance except Raphina and Jota, won my last match 2-1 after ET, i had 256 passes to 47 😄

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

What tactic are you using at corners? I'm in Div 4 right now and it's at the point where I have a corner and that means the opponent has about a 70% chance of scoring on the counter. It's happened at least once in the last five matches.

In the tactics menu I have players in the box for corners set to the minimum.

For me, im on 3, i user Konate and have to make sure i get to the ball 1st cos hes 6'4, if i dont im probably open to a counter but to be fair, despite conceding every other way, i dont think iv'e conceded from a counter yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,569 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

I know chemistry tends not to mean anything with the better players. e.g. Neymar on 6 chem is still going to be better than most players on 10 chem. But played a Silver Lounge game last night where my opponent had a team on 45 chemistry whereas mine was 100 with everyone on 10 and he absolutely battered me. He wasn't a good player either. Every pass I made went straight to one of his players, every rebound the same. Every tackle I made he just ran through me. And at the end his 36 Pace CB from a standing start ran down probably a 7-8 yards gap my 96 pace striker had on him when through on goal and won the ball back.

This game is so frustrating when you see stuff like that.

• Administrators Posts: 54,069 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

If your opponent gets a clean ball off your corner (i.e. they clear the ball out of the box and it lands to one of their players) you have to foul or you're going to get countered.

Even on minimal corners you will get countered, especially if they have pacy forwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Played to 8 wins after only planning on going to 4, and then gave the last few away.

Went 8-7 and found it really tough going. 3 wins in ET (I also lost one in ET) and a win on penalties. Red Raphinha from last week's picks coming off the bench as a CAM at the start of ET single handedly won me each of those ET games. 

Gnabry and Chilwell from the reds. 

Opened the Jumbo Rare Players Pack and out comes RTTK Robertson!

I'll keep the TOTW pack as Szczesny is the only one I'd want and he's only ~30k to buy on the market anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

"Watched" it for an hour last night to 70 odd % and the "watched" at least an hour this morning on the repeat where it said rewards available and it's still on the same %

For anyone struggling try out Auzuo’s 442 tactics. I’m just ripping teams apart and scoring for fun.

Benzema is kicking butt for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Really wish we could edit player positioning on corners… for some reason, George Best is always near post/in the 6 yard box whilst Haaland is outside the box.

2-2 anyway in champs, coming up against a surprising number of god squads, which is challenging but enjoying it.

RTTK Fred :D

• Advertisement

Man, that Silva SBC looks interesting. 88 rated, but will 100% get at least one upgrade, if not two. Might be a decent one for fodder?

Advertisement