Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No quitten we're whelan on to chitchat 11

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,550 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

How many years have women been protesting to be treated the same as men, it just doesn't make any sense to me. This is a backwards step not a forward one

• Registered Users Posts: 4,004 ✭✭✭Kevhog1988

Agree, often think articles like that do little to further equality.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

Dunno about it tbh. Could get caught, I'm nearly sure the EU have rules re access to/ price of things being advantaged by gender, was there not something in the insurance side of things along those lines a few years ago?

If its still an issue its an attitude change thats required.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭Base price

I personally find it insulting and degrading. The rest of us proceeded on our own merits and used our initiative to work around challenges especially where our lack of physical strength was an impediment. The article also stated that they wanted the option to join women only groups - isn't that what the ICA is for.

Was it the farmers journal who started this women in agriculture stuff?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Lime Tree Farm

It's at the submission stage, to recognise the work done on farms by wives or daughters.

"CSO figures show that up to a quarter of the work done on farms is done in part or fully by women. However, she said female farm ownership and partnership figures do not reflect this" Hannah Quinn-Mulligan.

The days of egg money for farm wives is dead.

"The aim of the group is to ensure that women across rural Ireland receive the recognition for the work they do on farms and that young women feel they have prospects inside the farm gate they call home" Hannah Quinn-Mulligan

Farm Wives seeking recognised partnerships.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,567 ✭✭✭roosterman71

I wonder should the mods here create a female only section for the women present? Seems to be what the department are suggesting :-)

My wife has no interested in farming or anything related to it. Which is a serious pain in the hole :-) Though I might see will she apply for a grant to get that extra 20%

• Registered Users Posts: 11,157 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

A proper marriage should be able to sort a farm partnership in the home

Alot of the stuff is written as if these women deserve a medal for farming. There is no problem setting up a farm partnership between a male and a female. I have recently set up one with my son

That doesn't put the land into a partnership. I see lots of folios with the house in both names, but land is in one name only.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭straight

My mother and sister are great and respected farmers. Mother is in a partnership with the father. My wife has no interest in farming. It's there of you want it like. Some people just love being the victim. Regarding land not being in the woman's name, well that's just a very expensive formality. Don't we all know they own half of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭straight

Everything in my name here. Just a formality. She has her own job, no mortgage, no rent.

There is a vein of that out there alright, imo it's a feminist agenda, which doesn't equal equality.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

It’s not discrimination or sexist if it’s a positive action towards a minority group in an area.

we had it at school where engineering firms get an allowance if €2000 pa to give young women apprenticeships.

my brother works for a tech company- of 100 students in his course- 95 were men but the company wanted to hire 50% women meaning that no matter how bad they were, they would get a job.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

Will the women have to be qualified farmers?

meeting about transferring the land next week…. Wonder should I lease it to my wife? Or just leave it in my mams name and get a grant,

"The tax reliefs do not apply to leases to a blood relative (wife/son/­daughter/sibling) but are applicable on leases to a niece or nephew"

I remember a few years ago I showed an interest in the ifa .My county chairman said he'd get the farm family committee person to ring me. So that's all I'd be good for. No offence to any farm family committee people intended

I think you've just confirmed my post that some women are paranoid about this, firstly the county chairman was an idiot for doing that, but it didn't mean that IFA were like that. For you to be going on about it is equally wrong, You have already highlighted this incident on here a few times.

This reminds me of a a couple years ago a friend reprimanded me for saying she looked fit, not only that but she even brought it up the next time we were all having a meal with friends together as if I was some sexual deviant. During this summer a woman told me that I looked very fit and it reminded me of the incident..... should I feeel offended.

Some women are so far up their own !!!!!!! that they make their own inequality

A girl badly hurt with a firework in Galway, life changing injuries,

Guards are too busy cancelling 999 calls so be careful out there......... and at home Stay safe.

Mind your doggies too, their hearing is ten times more sensitive than ours

Fuel prices are gone mad 1.72 cpl for unleaded and 1.62 for diesel at local shop

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,826 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Friend in the Netherlands paid 2.04 for Petrol last weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Anyone watching the Skidoo suckler sale in Carnaross mart. I've only watched the last 6 or 7 lots and the prices seem more realistic than some of the other recent sales for similar type stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,785 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

I just watched the Ballinahinch Limousin dispersal sale in Carnew Mart. Fine herd with good prices. The stock bull which sired a lot of the animals on show, sold for 17,200. He was a bit tinder on the feet and had butts of horns.

5 AI straws, 3 NUf and 2 Sympa made 1,000 yoyos. Mad.

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭ABitofsense

I was watching it, serious looking bull. The young stock made good money.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,785 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Ya, liked lot 23, She was a typical Sympa cow. She made 6,100. Some nice heifers and cows from her too.

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭ABitofsense

She was cheap if a bbx 22mth heifer is making 7100e in Elphin!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 1,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Albert Johnson

I'd bet good money that the first of the commercial springers crossing 10k is only weeks away.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

Have some year & half old heifers we’re going to bull next month

Which would be better Oats or Barley for them?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭Jb1989

Barley to keep them growing, if they need extra growth.

Otherwise it's very early to be worrying about meal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

Thanks

They’re just been housed and silage wouldn’t be great, I wanted to supplement as I’m told a rising plane of nutrition gives better conception rates

Advertisement