Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,309 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

watch the revamped never mind the buzzcocks with Greg Davies presenting... about as funny as standing in a taxi Q at 1 am...the second week in January, hangover kicking in, surrounded by those types people who are desperately trying to be funny, but aren’t funny and by the time it’s all over everyone is looking a bit embarrassed...

Greg Davies really is the catalyst for its dreadfulness, shîte standup comedian, crap actor and hopelessly out of his depth presenting TV panel / quiz shows.... zzzzz

• Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

I dropped a pack of cous cous on the floor yesterday, I keep finding bits of it in my slippers.

Also additional TA, I usually do up an amazon wish list for christmas presents for my family/husband. My family have decided that this year, because Brexit is causing delivery fees to be higher to the republic (which I'm not 100% sure is actually a thing and may just be an excuse from them), they don't want to buy me any presents off Amazon this year. So I'm having to think of things that they can get me from tiny stupid shops down home.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

definitely an excuse. delivery fees haven't changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,098 ✭✭✭Bredabe

I've not heard of any change in delivery fees from the UK office, BUT its possible the media there is telling readers/listeners that they have risen. A subtle dig at the EU in their minds.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,953 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

You just reminded me , a person using my address as a shipping address for Amazon. Ģrand but I can't remember where I put the first 2 packages.

• Advertisement

Put my bin out this morning, and when I got it back, after it being tipped into the back of the lorry, there were what appeared to be traces of human you know what on the lid - mainly on the outer edges 😠 It were nowt to do with me anyway - nothing of that sort was in or on my bin when I put it out beforehand....T effin A 😢

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭honeyjo

Post Holiday blues

• Registered Users Posts: 12,552 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I sent a print to my sister in Scotland of my friends art work, he charged me 70 Euro, I then posted to my sister bringing it to near a hundred Euros, that was the packaging, bubble wrap, the large padded envelope and the actual postage cost. When I checked tracking on An Post and few days later I discovered that the package was been held by British customs and they demanded an additional 25 sterling charge which I had to pay this being presumably the Brexit import charge.

Was googling this charge and I came across this article from the BBC, I hope this helps to make it more clearer, if your gift goes over a certain price limit it means the person receiving the gift has to cover the charge. Needless to say there was no mention of this extra charge when I went to the post office to post this art piece.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

none of that has any bearing on ordering from amazon. with amazon you pay those charges upfront. Buying from amazon is the same as it was this time last year in terms of costs and delivery charges.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Every single day of lockdown I worked in the office. I did not mind and I was happy to do it. Maybe 10 out of 160 of us were in the office each day and there was good camaraderie and craic

This week I started working from home and IT department gave me a business phone. Day 1 I locked the SIM card :P I told IT who were less than impressed and now have to go find the PUK unlocking code

TA´d I'm scatterbrained ha!

• Advertisement

^^^

Could happen to a Bishop haha 😊 Don't know much about IT Departments or how they operate, but it must be a pretty lame one if it was them that gave you the phone; and for them (presume by your post that it's them that are charged with the task) to have to 'go looking' for something as basic as a PUK code 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

TA that I can download books on to the Kindle app on my phone, but not on to my Kindle e-reader.

Was listening to Springsteen on youtube on the laptop... Couldn't listen to it... TA the sound of a harmonica through laptop "speakers" (I like the harmonica) ☹️ It's Billy Joel for me now ☺️

TA’d that tonight is insomnia central... 6.35am and no sleep... I’ve stuff to do tomo.... sorry today and it’s of a physical variety and I know on minus sleep it won’t be fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

The overuse of the word 'sustainable' is unsustainable.

Those slow fukers in the morning when people are trying to make it through the lights while they're green and in a rush to get to work and the flute at the front of the queue.....hold on a minute now and I'll spend thirty seconds putting the car in gear. Now I'll slowly take off and make it through the lights. Oh, they've gone red again and nobody else made it through. Oh well, at least I made it through. Ugh

• Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Stress dreams last night so my jaw is sore today.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,052 ✭✭✭✭neris

On the Youtube ads I keep getting bombarded with ads for gambling companies (1 in particular) and their dodgy games. Ive never shown any interest in gambling or bookies on youtube. Etoro aswell are a pain in the hole

• Registered Users Posts: 8,828 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

People letting their children run wild in shops

• Registered Users Posts: 10,735 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Who then roar at them, calling them stupid “c” words, when the kid doesn’t come back when they call.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭honeyjo

Having a crap day. Forgot my lunch, went to the nearest cafe to get a sambo they are sold out. Only get 30 minutes for lunch so don't have time to go the nearest shop. Fed Up and hungry

• Registered Users Posts: 33,511 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

How the Irish media try to link so many stories to Ireland, whether it matters or not.

This morning, heard the RTE news report on the girl who Alec Baldwin accidentally shot.

The last line of it was "... and she had visited Ireland last year to make a film."

Totally irrelevant to the story, but sure she loved the country and we were nice to her.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Have to disagree. It's just that bollocks Brian O Donovan putting his own useless spin on what he reports. Prick can't help himself

Ringo sure looks great for 81 but he sure don’t sound it.... keep your legacy flying high and don’t come out with this garbage...

bought a mini PC to stick under the TV. Do I have a wired keyboard so that I can set it up? Do I feck.

TA I didn't know that such things as "mini PC's" existed 😀

Sat in a 7 month old car as a passenger, worth 43,000... parked in Nolans supermarket in Clontarf... woman and son comes back to load up the shopping... the old dear about mid '80s for whatever reason despite the boot being the most accessible storage compartment which she has to walk past deceides to... load everything on the back seat... opens the door and smacks our car... but says nothing, a cursory check for damage... so had to be of the realisation that she's hit us.... I'm looking in amazment... the driver / son copped it says something ... she laughs and shaking her head ' a tip, jesus ' is her exclamation... no damage which is surprising given the belt... maybe they had door guards but more proof that the quality of human in this country is in fùckin decline... May she drown in her own piss..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

Train from Heuston to Limerick was held up due to some incident on the train line so I'll be 20 mins late getting into Limerick 😒

Lockdown dog people who refuse to train their pet. Dog bolts after something off leash and they're left shouting after it.

• Advertisement

Some cataclysmic event happens out in foreign climes, it only matters if they can find some Paddy to interview even if they were several miles away at the time and didnt actually see it happening.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement