Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 9 transfers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,699 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Just seeing the Lukaku news now, thats really thrown a spanner in the works. Everyone eyeing up the Norwich fixture and now he looks out for sure. Easy shift to Vardy I suppose. He already rose this week and doesnt look like rising again tonight but might before deadline Friday. Will hold off and consider getting Son+cheap forward in instead

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Best cheaper striker to change for Lukaku? Any Ings love? I already have Vardy and Antonio. Thought about Kane but would prefer Ings and then get Son in for a midfielder.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,465 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Any love for Jesus?

Unused sub on tuesday, with Torres out for a while, surely he gets some gametime.

EDIT:

Toney, nice fixtures and plays 90.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,193 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Whenever I own Vardy, he doesn't return. Whenever I don't own him, he does return. So that is putting me off of Vardy. I'd nearly take a chance on Daka, if I do go for a Leicester attacker, but their fixtures are not the most appealing. For each of Daka's 4 goals last night, Nacho seemed to be playing as the foil man either making diversion runs or laying the ball off.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,173 ✭✭✭Dearg81

I don't think Daka starts though, I still think he will go with Vardy and Nacho even though he got 4 goals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭thomasm

What happening with Alonso, brought him in two weeks ago and no starts since. Not sure whether to move him on or not

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭crushproof

I brought Werner in after the weekends action and I felt it was inevitable he would hit the net against Norwich, much more liekly than Lukaku.

Last nights injury has put paid to that so I'm going to have to take a hit. Already Antonio and Jimi up front so may take a punt on Broja

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭PhilipsR

Thinking of Lukaku -> Edouard. Basically means I’ve 6m ITB to do whatever I want the following week (prob bring in Son).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Broja is a good shout.

I have been looking at Elynoussi as midfield alternative to Mbeumo. Elynoussi loves getting into those goal scoring positions.

If I go Toney for Lukaku il look at Elynoussi but Broja is a decent alternative

EDIT: Just noticed Broja is 5mil so he could become my McArthur replacement and keep my 6mil midfielder & assess for a later time. That would give me 8 attackers & would prob need that with rotation, injuries all coming up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,520 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

Benteke went on a nice run for me last year. He's off the mark now and I'm considering him over Edouard. Am I mad?

Jota --> KdB or Son

Lukaku --> Benteke for a -4.

Edit: I think the form really does suggest Edouard though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭bmorrissey

Brought in Vardy for Ronaldo. leaving me with almost 5m in the bank to mess around with, Maybe bring Aubamyang or Son/Kane in the next 2 weeks also

• Registered Users Posts: 5,719 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Any updates on Saka? Tempted to do Saka/Lukaku to Son/Ings for -4

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

Ended up doing Sissoko, Ronaldo and Lukaku to Kane, Vardy and Mbuemo for a minus 8. Not the most sensible but all planning and logic is gone out the window with all the injuries lately.

Just a note on ppl talking about Southampton’s cheap attackers. Are you not worried Southampton aren’t scoring? Only more than one goal in a game once this season and that was v Newcastle. I’d go Toney over them all day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I had 2 FTs. I switched Lukaku and Zaha for Vardy and Havertz.

Was only gonna say Vardy & Havertz or KdB & Toney.

If I went Option 1 I’d then go Antonio to Toney next week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,733 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Yawn... Lukaku to Vardy....zero in the bank so can't flex to Kane.

Although as I'm writing Firmino has popped into my head 🤣

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,497 ✭✭✭macraignil

With Lukaku out it looks like McArthur is my best option to replace him so considering taking a hit to replace McArthur with Raphina. Is it worth the -4 or would it be better to just use the hit to replace Lukaku with Wilson or Edouard?

I've decided to keep my powder dry this week.

Was looking for a replacement for Lukaku but can't decide. Happy with my squad so I'll ponder it over the week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Is anyone feeling Daka? Surely four goals is hard for Rogers to ignore even with Vardy being the top man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

I can do Lukaku and Ronaldo to Kane and Vardy for a -4. Tempted to do it as don't think a lot of teams have the structure in place to have both of them right now and it could be a nice differential. Would leave me funds to get a City defender in next week then.

• Advertisement

Tempted into going Edouard instead of Vardy. I'm just not entirely convinced by Vardy even though I should be as he has the form. Is Edouard trying to be too smart?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

Any love for Kane, as a replacement for Rom, it's him or vardy, though I could go nuts and. fcuk out Ronnie and Pogba as well

Lukaku dropping and Vardy rising tonight so I pulled the trigger on that. Will decide on the hit tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,029 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Took.a -4 hit, Doucoure/Lukaku to Mount/Toney.

I plan to bring Son in next week or the week after. Which will leave me with a front 8 of Salah, Son, Mount, Benrahma, Raphinha, Vardy, Antonio, Toney.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭madds

Had already brought in Cancelo and Vardy for Alonso and Ronnie on Sunday. Just brought in Kane for Lukaku leaving me with 2.1M ITB.

I’ve gone in & went with my original plan

KdB & Toney for Lukaku & Sarr.

Ive still got 3 players (Foden, Auba & Antonio) there where I can flip to Vardy or Son if needs be but happy enough to steer Son for next 3 GW’s

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,497 ✭✭✭macraignil

Have to admit it is wishful thinking that Lukaku might only miss the one game so taking my second hit of the season to replace him with Kane. I don't think Wilson and Edouard will be consistent enough scoring with some of their fixtures being fairly difficult over the next few weeks. Kane has been a slow starter in some other seasons so hoping now he has got his first premier league goal of this season last week that the floodgates open. Getting a cheaper striker would just have left a stupid amount of money in the bank and still have 2.9mill to make upgrades over the next few weeks.

Decides to go with Vardy instead of Edouard. Form over fixtures, even if Edouard is facing Newcastle he would have to be benched the week after.

Jimi may move on next week, or Antonio but then next week Toney looks a better option over 3 GWs than Edouard does.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,850 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Heads wrecked - 3 red flags + Saka, coupled with City/Chelsea defensive rotation issues has me trying to figure out the best approach. Vardy has the form, but is it late jumping onto that train? Wary about going for Nacho after Daka scored 4 during the week, last thing I need is another non-starter. Wilson could be option. May suck up the price rises and look at it again tomorrow - if Saka is defo out it's easier to move him on.

Saka was pictured in training today. Might be worth waiting to see if there's any early team news before you make your moves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

I’ve gone Jota and Lukaku out for Havertz and Kane (for a hit). Havertz a bit of a punt but can’t see who else Tuchell will play up front for Chelsea with Werner and Lukaku out.

maybe he’ll start Alonso up front instead ;)

I've convinced myself that Havertz is a trap so it's going to be annoying when he scores a brace tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,065 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 833 ✭✭✭SkySter

Saka and Lukaku out last night. Havertz and Vardy in. Minded to do Havertz as captain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,733 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Any love for Firmino at all at all at all???

Seems to be coming into a bit of form

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,029 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I wonder could Soonsup-Bell get a run? Kid is unbelievable at undersge level. He's still only 17 but I presume they've already considered giving him a run-out in the first team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,699 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

You know what he could well be but I brought him in last night for Saka (even though I reckon Saka will play). The gambler in me was just too tempted by an out of position midfielder playing as a no.9 when Lukaku and Werner are injured. His numbers havent been great up until now but figure Chelseas goals have to come from somewhere (probably their defenders knowing my luck!) Im ready for the egg on face when it goes pear shaped but happy to take the punt for Norwich and Newcastle.

Also did Lukaku to Vardy but wish Id enough money for Kane, have that sneaking feeling his usual slow start to the season is now finally over and he should start hauling from here on in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Is Lukaku injured? Why are people suddenly dropping him

• Advertisement

Yeah it's a definitely worth a punt. I've gone Ronaldo to Kane for -4 now and captained him. United are a shambles at the back but they always managed to be solid in games against top 4 last season so that's put me off Salah a bit, despite his form. Wouldn't be surprised to see it end 0-0.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,788 ✭✭✭Benimar

Already had Vardy so Lukaku back to Antonio was my transfer. The Son 'fake covid' shout last week is still stinging. I'd have had him on WC over Lukaku. I didn't fancy a -4 this week to rectify.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Shanee.

Vardy with the double rise this week

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

I'll probably do the same.

It'll be a hit, taking out McArthur. Spending my Tsimikas to TAA money.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,366 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Which 2 should start?

Sarr, Smith-Rowe, Livramento, Gray?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,281 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

I’m strongly considering him, 8.8 seems a very fair price considering the way Liverpool are scoring and he looked very sharp the last day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,049 ✭✭✭steve_r

Almost certain to take a hit to change Ronaldo and Benrahama to Vardy and Havertz.

Dont like taking hits, especially to replace fit starters with someone like Havertz who is a minutes risk long term but think the risk is potentially worth it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,520 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

In a similar position (not liking taking hits). I've done Jota to Son. Son will play. I need 11 guaranteed starters this week.

I've held off on selling Lukaku so missed out on 0.1 and similar by not moving on Vardy. At the moment I have 11 starters but a couple of lads I don't really want in my team (including Benrahama but benching Shaw and Duffy this week).

If I take a -4 for Lukaku, is there anyone that will likely make that back for me this week. Apart from Salah at the moment, there's no one that's a must have in the game. Vardy is doing well but nervous of Brentford away. If I could have sold Lukaku for Havertz I might have done that for a -4 punt but can't obviously.

Still might take that -4 before the deadline though. Because I'm a big hypocrite 😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,049 ✭✭✭steve_r

I’d be hoping Havertz pays it back over a few weeks, and by taking the hit now I’ll have gotten rid of an underperformer and be free with my transfer next week to make a move for someone else. Still not 100% though.

Mount is another option but has not done well this season.

Captain Havertz negates the -4, right?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭Luxembourgo

Hmm I love this move

But a minus 4 Grealish to Havertz just screams luxury...

• Advertisement
Advertisement