Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford FC Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭Deisegodeo

What a night at the Rsc last night, some entertainment and a vital 3 points, that junior is some player, I hope we can tie him to a decent contract.

more massive games coming up and starting with the cup semi final next Friday night

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

Was cut to 450 until they hear what the announcement is on Tuesday. If things stay the same then they will give us back the tickets.

Post edited by Smell the glove on

• Registered Users Posts: 38,385 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭skaface

• Advertisement

Nice one lads ye all heading up, can't travel myself due to work but will have to make do with watching it on tv. Will be a great occasion Friday night, and blues well capable of winning with the form we are in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭scout353

Buzzing after the game on Friday night. It had everything!

The Cup semi final is a welcome distraction this weekend but the games are so big now in the run in. Murphy could miss 3 games which would be the Bohs league match, the Dundalk game and the rescheduled Derry game! At least Matt Connor is an able replacement but it is still a massive blow.

Hopefully the ref's report won't put it down as violent conduct as he was in the position to throw the ball out and I think he put his arm to push him away but caught him in the face.

Sadly our great Dalymount Park record was vanished during the summer but we have no fear of going up there and hopefully we do it. Organisers praying it's not a draw as it will mess up the league. Ironically if goes to a replay it will be played Monday 25th Oct the same day as our league match away to Bohs is set

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

Confirmed by Bohs, that it's back up to the full 900 allocation for away fans. Plenty of tickets for anyone that wants them.

tickets for the away end for the cup match Friday

Use password 'waterford'

• Advertisement

Over 800 tickets sold for the Away end tomorrow night.. Can't wait.. We're going to have some mob up there.. Bbest of luck to Marc and the boys.. Safe travels to all Blues supporters

#CLAPURHANDSANDJOINDAARMY.. BLUEARMY 💙⚽

Come on the blues

Buzzing for tonight, it's not every year you get a cup semi final. Hopefully we do the business tonight

If we concede early were fucked, Bohs were impressive Monday night

• Registered Users Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭hardybuck

I'd say that Waterford end might fill up on the night. Lot of Waterford people living in Dublin who might walk up and buy tickets.

No walking up buying tickets these days.. You have to buy online tickets from the Club that were supplied directly from Bohs. 900 tkts.. Any surplus ones will be given back to Bohs.. Very few left i heard

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Dunmoreroader

Blues and Bohs websites both seem to be showing tickets sold out.

Great buzz on the busses going up

mon blues

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

Great result for RTE and the league of Dublin, no bias there as usual, played ok, but didn’t do enough

Ah, look we gave it our best shot but Bohs the better team

Some very ugly scenes after the full time whistle. Waterford fans attacked by bohs fans

Post edited by PTH2009 on

I don't know what the last post was about, but Bohs deserved the win tonight. Nearly hung on from a replay but wasn't to be. Thought they were better with ten men which says something about their character.

Bohs better all over the field, but the Waterford midfield in particular never got in the game tonight. Players like Wilson, Coote and Feely would be guaranteed starters for us, but can't get in the Bohs team.

Particularly disappointed with Phoenix, he's talented but he has a long way to go. Thought Halford added a lot of stability when he came on, Ferguson got an awful doing. Junior had a very tough shift, IMO he doesn't have the physique to play that position - he's a bit too light.

It was great to see Waterford back playing in a proper big game again which mattered. Hopefully they can keep the nucleus of that team together if they stay in the division next year.

• Advertisement

Great to see such a Large Away following from the Blues in Dalymount last night.. Good battling performance by the lasd when we were reduced to 10..and then 9. We had a great chance earlier in the game to go 1 up.. But in fairness we rode our luck for a lot of the game.. We go again on Monday.. All cup finals from here on in.. On a side note, it was very disappointing to see the ugly scenes after the game.. Waterford Supporters were attacked as they were leaving the game by Bohs hooligans.. Not enough stewards or gaurds on hand to deal with it.. I've never seen Away supporters allowed out straight away from a game at the same time as the Home team.. it was a recipe for disaster.

Yeah it was disgraceful

Luckily our group stayed begind a few mins, we were just about to leave the ground when it all kicked off. A complete **** up by security and gardi.

Let's hope the team can regroup and avoid the playoffs. As shown last night form can go out the window very easily in cup/playoff games

Let's hope Sligo do us a favour tonight and beat Finn Harps

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭deise121

gutted over the result last night but still a good game to watch

I don't understand why lads think it's ok to attack each other at football games when they wouldn't do it when attending an Ireland game or a GAA match.

I don't blame the stewards or the Gardai - I blame the idiots who think that's acceptable.

Yep agree, would go to Ireland and GAA games and none of that crap. The abuse given at club soccer matches is ott

Definitely more than alcohol been consumed

Trust me GAA fans fight each other too. Stop with that nonsense.

Absolute guff. Going to games since I was a small child and can remember zero incidents involving fan violy. There will be the odd gurrier with too much drink taken who gets in a fight but it'll have nothing to do with fan violence.

The GAA community would be up in arms if they required protection from Gardai or stewards.

Just watch the footage from a certain u-15 game a few weeks back, goes on most weeks around the country 👍🏻 now enough of talking about the stick fighting.

Sligo and Finn Harps would piss ya off. 2-2 in now end with Harps down to 10 menn getting the equaliser deep deep into injury time

We need Derry to beat Drogheda today which will keep dragging Drogheda down to the bottom half of the league

• Advertisement

Could you imagine Kilkenny getting a segregated terrace in Walsh Park and the two sets of fans being kept apart by Gardai and stewards?

Advertisement