Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SMACKDOWN LIVE SUPERTHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,898 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Who Becky and Charlotte? They haven’t as far as I know but there’s more details being reported which include Charlotte being asked to leave the venue. It think it’s unfair to blame Charlotte, but this is where the couple of times things have gone wrong she’s been part of them. There was the kairi carry on at TLC 2019 where her relative inexperience showed up and it put her in a poor light and then the Nia Jax stuff. There’s a narrative forming fairly or not, that when stuff goes wrong Charlotte isn’t good at working on the fly.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,069 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Didn't think they had fallen out. Just knew from her interview on Renee's podcast that they weren't as friendly. Charlotte said it was just due to life happening like getting partners and, in Becky's case, a baby.

did she say not as friendly or do you mean not as close ? I mean that’s just life.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

There are various reports today that the relationship between them hasn't been great for a while.

That’s a shame. If the relationship isn’t good then it kind of make my point about why they didn’t goto vince to fix the mess of a segment seem understandable.

• Advertisement

Charlotte apparently didn't like Becky taking the piss out of her cosmetic surgery on Twitter a couple of years ago. I'd say she takes herself very seriously.

well living the gimmick is a family tradition for the flairs. I mean it’s not unheard of for close friends to say “**** it I can’t be dealing with this.” I mean look at arn Anderson and Ric flair who were like family on and off air, and eventually Arn said that was it and I don’t know how their relationship is now but it’s not what it was, even though Arn is still close with Ric’s kids.

Post edited by Itssoeasy on

I'd say she takes herself seriously as she knows she's in her dad's shadow and wants to get out of it. At the same time she does come across as entitled

• Registered Users Posts: 60,595 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Becky wasn't impressed with Riddles Mrs when she had a go at Becky's body being soft if you are going to give it be able to take it.

Women body shaming women who needs men admiring them.

• Advertisement

That was Becky's character at the time though. She was The Man, she got a broken nose and didn't miss time so she wouldn't take time off just to get her boobs done. Her Twitter schtick was part of that character work and Charlotte was her rival. Riddle's Mrs was commenting seriously.

It was maybe a bit close to the bone but not something I'd say should normally result in your friendship with your best friend deteriorating.

You know who I feel sorry for the most is Sonya deville. If you watch she looks pissed off and the two champs look like spoiled kids. Yes the segment was the drizzling **** but they should have just done it as planned and not compounded the **** show and not made Sonya deville look like a spare at a wedding.

Sapp reporting she was asked to leave and a staff member walked her out.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

She was asked to leave, was the title trade not the last segment of the evening anyway?

It was the last on air segment of the night. Becky had a dark match after smackdown went off air.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,338 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Love this bad ass no **** taking Brock Lesner, we were all jaded of Brock vs Roman matches years ago and couldn't wait for them to end but somehow they have really played a blinder with this version of the rivalry

God that was a perfect opportunity for Kofi to turn on Woods but its just never going to happen

Not a fan of Hit Row, the gimmick is quite stereotypical rapping shite

Drew will prob do his open challenges to kill a few weeks, no doubt he will be team SD captain. If so amazing achievement for someone only on the brand mere weeks 😏

title exchange segment was odd to say the least

It’s the female version of bret and Shawn from 1997. That’s my first impression anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,371 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,169 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Apparently the title being knocked to the ground was edited out of the replay.

This is my favourite storyline in wrestling now...

Wade Keller did an audio update on PWTorch VIP on the situation between Charlotte Flair and Becky Lynch on WWE SmackDown and he included additional news on what he has heard about Charlotte's behavior before the incident.

"From what I'm told from people behind the scenes [is that] none of the women want to work with her," Keller said. "Like, not in the ring, in a match, not on the mic and I've sort of been not going into tons of detail on it and some situations there's been some speculation [that] I didn't want to get into in terms of what's going on and what's causing it but it became newsworthy again last night."

Keller confirmed the details that were reported about what happened backstage after SmackDown and said that he spoke with people who did not have an agenda.

Keller said, "I specifically reached out to people in seeking out Charlotte's side of this because it does, from the people I've been talking to, it just feels so one-sided. And these are people I trust and I talk to them about other things. This isn't like I'm talking to people who are anti-Charlotte. It's just sort of people in WWE I talk to, some wrestlers and others, who are just reliable, and the stuff they tell me seems agenda-free and it's played out as standing the test of time before...I don't hear anyone defending Charlotte in this. Somebody in so many words said Becky is a hero to the locker room for calling out Charlotte and not letting her get away with what she does."

"One wrestler I talk to just said that the way, and I'm paraphrasing here to lighten up the language a bit because this wrestler that was not thrilled with Charlotte just said, the way Charlotte's acting is gonna cause issues both with colleagues and with management. He really stressed how respected and well liked Becky is universally in the locker room and that she was seen as a bit of a hero for it. Basically, the idea was Charlotte was being difficult and Becky wasn't going to take it anymore. She wasn't gonna have it anymore and that's what led to the confrontation. Another wrestler at the show put it even more forcefully than that in terms of Charlotte..."

"Charlotte has a reputation flat out for being difficult and constantly concerned that she's not getting the respect that someone of her stature and accomplishment or at least her character stature and her character's accomplishment. Maybe there's a blending of the two right now that has some people wondering about her. [She feels that] she should be treated at a different level and that other stars who are on top had to work really hard to protect themselves. Steve Austin certainly had that reputation for going, 'i'm not gonna do this, this isn't making me look good, I'm too important' but Charlotte doesn't quite have that clout but she also isn't conducting herself well. Sounds like it's pretty universal that people look at her as not looking out for anyone but herself in a way that goes beyond normal looking out for yourself in this business and that she doesn't want to sell for anyone. It goes to how she's handled when she's been asked to do jobs. It goes to the Nia Jax situation and how that match turned into a debacle because Charlotte got upset over what was planned for that match, both the content and the finish. That's been an ongoing thing with her and Becky is very aware of all that and she certainly has the clout to do it. Charlotte from what I heard was swearing up and down that dropping the belt the way she did was an accident. Her contention is and I'm connecting some dots here, Charlotte's contention is that the tug of war she wasn't supposed to win it so quickly and when she flung the belt backwards she didn't know where to drop it [and] she couldn't just move it forward in front of Becky then so it ended up dropping to the side and behind her because the tug of war didn't go as planned and her arm is back there [so] why would she move it forward and then drop it than be more disrespectful and letting go or whatever. So she's trying to make that case. To put it mildly, nobody involved in that situation was buying that and Charlotte was asked to leave the building."

Keller continued, "Charlotte has really isolated herself from the rest of the locker room. There's not a lot of friendliness interaction. She's kind of in her own world now and so she's just not endearing herself to the locker room in any way. It's not like that makes them side against her but that's a symptom of people are wondering what's going on with her and that she's just in her own head and overreacting to things and over scrutinizing things and questioning everything and worried that she's not being given the protection and the spotlight and the being portrayed as a level higher than everybody else and others are [saying], well, what makes you think you're better than us and at that level to that degree and if you were it's a very ungracious way and kind of a paranoid way to go about things."

"The last thing is that Charlotte feels she can get away with it because there's just not enough depth on the roster to punish her. Right now they got networks that want ratings and they did a draft and they evenly divided it and if they were to punish Charlotte at this point, you're reducing a weak SmackDown roster even more and they just don't think they can afford to do that...This is a situation that they are going to have to manage and it looks like what happened with Nia Jax and that wasn't the first thing and it wasn't the last thing that happened before this but this situation needs to be addressed and I know there's people who used to like Charlotte that don't even recognize her anymore."

Everyone is coming out against her in every dirtsheet.

I wouldn't like him to do it, but I'm sure Charlotte is looking for a call from Tony so she can go be with Andrade.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

Source? Wwe losing their golden goose in Charlotte would be something else. The title exchange was a slap in the face to the performers, the fans and make the titles and women’s division in general look like a complete joke

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

They put 13 world titles on her that say she is the female golden goose to me anyway.

Big merchandise seller? House show sales,? PPV buys? Nope. That’s a golden goose.

Reigns is a golden goose. Cena is a golden goose. Charlotte flair is not.

They’ve made a joke of flairs title reigns and by default her.

They want her to be a golden goose. Tall, athletic blonde bombshell with a rich wrestling lineage; she ticks all their boxes.

But Becky, Sasha and Alexa would be much more popular than her and sell more stuff.

I expect they've made more money out of Becky in the past few years than they ever did with Charlotte. Even if that started largely by accident.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I really hope AEW stay well away from Charlotte, imo she would bring nothing to the aew womens division.

Advertisement