Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Team Talk Thread IV... Go On My Henderson...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭launish116

Same back row how many weeks in a row? Unheard of at Ulster

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Paul Smeenus

Genuinely excellent article about the 80s Ulster team.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,931 ✭✭✭jacothelad

I was going to post the link. This was the last few years of my era. I played with and against many of the guys and others like Ian McIlwrath, Roger Clegg, Stuart McKinney. It was a very emotional read and took me back instantly to that time. Fantastic team and super guys. Keith Crossan also worked in the Bank of Ireland on University Road which was my branch up to ...well...recently. He was a great and friendly guy. It is hard to believe that it was almost 40 years in the past.

Guys, don't waste time. There isn't enough of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 shinana abu

Mckinney,some flanker, fondly remember his address to an Irish team before playing at Twickenham

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

I remember watching that Ulster team in Donnybrook against Leinster. With a air of resignation I’m sure a lot of supporters now feel when their team plays Leinster. It was amazing they produced so many top players in one decade.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,759 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

What’s this “inside the 10” law?

Thornley can shove his hard done by Connacht trope up his bangle.

Brace is riding us raw here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Locke_Lamora

Porch's tackle on hume and doak being taken out were two huge decisions that Brace decided not to bother officiating for.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,408 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

How the hell did the TMO not see that and award a penalty try and a YC. That was so blatant

• Registered Users Posts: 8,571 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

vermullen isnt going to fix all of these problems.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,139 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

McCloskey butchered that overlap.

Pass the damn ball.

Burns gives a bad pass to mccloskey off hendersons turnover, and then starts to stroll forward, he should have been sprinting his balls off and ready to him the ruck or looking for an offload.

Sums him up perfectly for me.

That no arms tackle from burns has not only injured himself but the player he tackled. Should have been a YC and penalty.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,169 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

Connacht a good team lately. Could have beaten Munster last week. Expected them to win this match.

Well and truly humped by the far better team.

Disgraceful Ulster performance.

Great try from Conn, but it's also poor Ulster defence. They didn't want to commit to a tackle and allowed Conn far too much space to run into. Then a poor enough missed tackle from McIlroy(?) on Porch.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,169 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

Ulster a shambles. So easy to read.

Burns is a disaster this evening.

Billy Burns playing like a drain

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭TomsOnTheRoof

Surely Farrell has to be rethinking Carty's omission.

Hes never been a great OH.

He just looks worse here because Ulster are getting man handled and outplayed all over the pitch by a more physical better coached and much more motivated team here.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

No, this is what Carty does. He'll be great one week and terrible the next.

This is two weeks in a row he has been great, and in fairness he has had an excellent start to the season.

He is the form 10 so far no question.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

He might be the form 10 but we've been here before. It's difficult to buy into the Carty experience.

Dont forget this in a Connacht team without Aki who makes them a much much better side.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭TomsOnTheRoof

I think he deserves the opportunity to be honest. He's shown more than most of our fly halves so far this season.

he has done enough to earn a second chance IMo

Not been a good performance especially up front. Far too many collisions lost.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Locke_Lamora

Connacht aren't a great side tbh, which speaks volumes about where we're at right now. We've been pathetic upfront and when we're chasing a game we bring on warwick, shanahan, and greg jones, I lost all hope there and then. Hendy went very well which is the only positive. Vermulen and Marty Moore coming into the pack changes things a little, but I'm still very worried.

The backs can't defend a team going wide and imo it starts with McCloskey - he bites in every time and i slow at recovering which affects everyone else. Hume isn't the quickest so he can't cover and get across in time. In attack everything seems to rely on McCloskey making metres, and I understand why he's gets so much of the ball given the state of our pack, but it's easy for defences to figure out. Stockdale coming back might give us another edge.

Beaten out of the gates tonight, some ugly ref decisions in the first half but connacht put us away in the second and we never fired a shot. Tough one to take.

Advertisement