Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bohemian FC Team Talk/News/Rumours Thread

1111213141517»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Capacity is going up to 25K for the Sept internationals so if Bohs can keep winning there is a promise of bigger crowds to come.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,774 ✭✭✭eire4

Would be great to seen the run go further but it is hard to see Bohemians knocking out PAOK. That would be a big shock result.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

It would be the biggest shock in LOI history.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

PAOK are 1/3 on to win on Paddy Power.

I don't see anything from us lately to suggest we should be afraid of them, but yeah it's a tall order.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Any way to watch the match tonight other than going to the stadium?

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

What a result

Lads.

What the ****.

Fuckin hell.

• Advertisement

Outstanding well done to everyone involved and the fans what a day for Bohemians. No matter what happens in the second leg that was special. Probably the best win in Europe for Bohemians since the 3-2 win over the oldco Rangers in 1984. Brilliant stuff.

We beat bleedin PAOK.

Could well go tits up next week, but fúck me.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Unprecedented.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,938 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Great result. How many internationals did PAOK have on the pitch?

From the reports it seems they started with 10 and brought another 4 off the bench.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,938 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Seems like one of those fixtures where you either sneak a result or get trashed with no in between. Well done.

Best of luck in the second leg!👍

• Advertisement

A 10 million rated winger came off the bench 🤑

The funny thing, if anything, it was PAOK who sneaked getting the goal back.

Not sure Wardy would like being called a winger!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,174 ✭✭✭hardybuck

Will Bohs play a full strength team in Waterford at the weekend and try and keep the momentum going, or will they be tempted to rest a few guys?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭lenny palmer

I'd say it will be the majority of the team. It's a league game and is as important if not more so than Europe. No point in all these European wins if we don't get back there next year. 3 full days between the Tuesday game and this Waterford one, and another 4 before the next Euro game. Although there is the travelling in-between.

Good money to be earned if they can make it to next stage though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,174 ✭✭✭hardybuck

The movement of the game to Saturday afternoon will definitely help Bohs in terms of both PAOK fixtures.

I'd imagine a couple of fringe players will come in, maybe a bit stronger than the team that drew with Longford.

2 signings in 2 days..... and one was a striker. Both still only 19 so I'm not sure we should expect much from them to soon

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭irishmanmick

Yeah hopefully KL & TC can work their magic again. Our set up requires a back to goal striker which I think requires experience so the lad up front will need time to get that.

Reckon we'll see Promise through the middle while Georgie is suspended. He has done ok in cameo roles there this season. Every game a big game from now to end of season so hopefully we get through Georgie's suspension period unscathed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭atilladehun

Some scenes in Friday night. It's been a very enjoyable season.

A roller coaster of a season. 12 defeats in the league is poor. Only 4 teams have lost less.

It's great that we have so many players signed up for next season. It will make Long's job easier in the office season. 1 thing I'd like to see is, so more experienced players brought into the team. We have been brilliant and lucky that so many of the young players that have come through the club have been so successful. Unfortunately as seen by our inconsistent performances this season we need some older heads to grind out some results

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭tastyt

How many do ye reckon Bohs will bring to the final lads ? Should be a great crowd I reckon

We sold 8k tickets to the Euro games, with demand higher still. I think anywhere between 10-12k potentially, obviously a lot of casual fans in there but hopefully a good turnout.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,042 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Heading along to watch the Enda McGuill U19 final tonight at the Brandywell, Derry v Bohs.

I'm sure there will be some good football on show.

Think its live on LOITV if anyone wants to check it out.

The cup final tends to be on at a more 'family friendly' time which should up the numbers as compared with the euro games.

Euros also benefitted from being during restrictions so that might have boosted it. We'll wait and see I suppose.

On a side note what a goal in the Enda McGill Cup Final.

Good to see standards of refereeing at senior level is being upheld at u19 level.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,042 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Not sure how Bohs lost that final, they will be kicking themselves.

I take it from the previous comment that it was a weak penalty we got? Was at the game so didn't get a good view of it.

From the poor quality replay I saw, it looked a handball, but incredibly harsh to penalise it.

Well that's the end of a frustrating season. Some great performances, especially the European run but ultimately we lacked the consistency to get back to Europe for next season. Which is really disappointing. The cup final was another game where the inconsistent team play really showed up. It was only in the 2nd half of extra time when we saw something of what we know this team is capable of.

With the revealing of the 11 players signed up for next season, it shows how much work Long and Crolly have to do to get a team together that will be good enough to challenge for European football again. We need players to come in and be better than a lot of the 11 players that we already have. I'm hoping that at least 5 or 6 players come in that will be better than what we already have in those positions. At least then we might have a proper squad. And at least 2 strikers. Going through a season with 1 cost us Europe this year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭Higgins5473

This thread doesn’t seem very active but thought I’d try, anyone trying to sell on tickets for tonight?

Huge game today for our season. A win could help salvage something of this season. With Derry and rovers in todays other game, it could be a great chance of getting back into Europe

• Advertisement

Does anybody have any idea when Bohemians will be releasing the 2023 away jersey? As an fyi I got the just released home one and it is love it.

Don't think it will be in time for Christmas anyway.

Sadly your probably right. Would have been nice if it came out this month.

Advertisement